Arc 4.18 Devon

Arc 4.18 Devon

Devon did not make it harder on them and even himself and directly pass the dragon heart hidden in his body to the Demon King, whose identity he had already known after some investigation.

The dragon heart could quickly help him replenish mana and prevent the crumbling of his mana pool. The dragon heart had been in his care for too long, its time to return it to the original owner.

When the dragon heart left his body, he could feel that a certain connection with him had been severed. The familiar feeling in his heart, the sorrow and pain, finally vanished without a trace and all that was left was emptiness.

Devon felt his heart a bit empty for some reason but did not think about it for a long time. The feeling must be because the dragon heart had been beating alongside his heart for so many years that the two had been companions in his body in the long run.

Like losing the dragon heart is losing a limb.

He shook the weird thought and quickly operated on the current issue at hand.

When he took out the dragon heart who seemed to belong to their Demon King, their eyes widened and gasp out loud, the duo all turned their eyes to Harton who was also surprised but the surprise in his eyes were different from the duo.

In the original's memory, the dragon heart was lent to him by his young dragon friend, Amon.

Original Devon was in a matter of life and death situation when Amon had found him. Without another choice, he took out his dragon heart to help the young Devon.

The dragon heart has many benefits to all living beings because the heart of a dragon is where all the strength of the Dragons came from. Taking out their heart won't kill them but only weaken them, as long as the heart is fine, they won't die.

If it is returned to their body, their strength will return back.

For his young friend on the verge of death, he had taken his heart out to save him. Devon who knew about this is also grateful for the young dragon's help because he would have died undoubtly if not for him, he promised that he will return his heart after he recovers.

But....

"Why are you returning it only now?" Harton coolly said but an almost inaudible growl escaped his lips which Devon noticed.

After Devon had returned the dragon heart to Amon and his condition settled down, Harton suddenly grabbed him a bit farther away from the group.

Devon could not help but think that all demons are really devoted to their Demon King. If this was the usual, Devon would have not entertained someone as rude as him and directly leave.

If not because he was interested in him due to his conjecture, he would have not been this patient.

"It's not that I do not want to return it, but I can't." Devon explained.

...young Devon's interaction and friendship with the young Dragon had already been found out by the previous emperor and the magician who was controlling the emperor.

They did not stop young Devon from interacting with the young dragon and just kept tab on them. The temptation of the young dragon was just too strong that any power-hungry people will do anything to get it in their hands.

The day when the young dragon gave his heart to young Devon was the day when the plan to capture Amon was set into motion and young Devon was the bait, the accidental serious injury was on purpose to lure the dragon.

But no one would have expected that the young dragon would give his heart to Devon and then went to hibernation directly after which made them unable to track the young Dragon.

Knowing their plot, young Devon made up his mind. He must protect Amon at all costs even if he hates him!

Devon who was kept under surveillance and grounded, he refuses to give the heart out, sneak out of the palace when the day of promise has arrived.

Devon looked at Amon with a complicated emotion, but this only lasted a second before determination flashed on them.

Without a second thought, young Devon entrapped Amon in a Dragon Sealing Array to be trapped inside for a few hundreds of years and he could only come out when he was strong enough to be able to protect himself.

The look of the young Amon back then could still be clearly remembered by Devon even within his dreams. The confusion and the betrayal, the hatred slowly forming on those once clear eyes.

But even so he does not regret it, not even one bit.

"You can think of this as excuses, but to protect him, I need to do what I need to do."

Devon told Harton the whole truth that the original Devon had kept within his heart all those years and even the day he had died without any embellishment or exaggeration to ask for pity.

The original may have good intentions but without telling the receiver only gave him a bad end.

And because the original Devon died without returning the heart back, when Amon became the Demon King, even though he was powerful he was not on his peak and was unable to defend himself from the OP leads and died a gruesome death.

Thinking about it now, maybe, what the original Devon wanted to ask for forgiveness for is that because of him, even though he had saved the young Amon from a premature death, he still died indirectly because of him.

Anyway, where was that mysterious magician who just disappeared without a trace?

Harton who was quiet for a while finally spoke out.

"If you did all of those to save him, what about you? All these years, how were you doing?"

Devon looked at him funnily and just shrug.

"What's important is that he is fine." Devon said unlike himself which was also true since the original Devon only wanted Amon to be fine.

Even at deaths door, he never blamed Amon for the years of torture he had experience just because of the dragon heart that he'd rather die than hand it over.

The fortunate thing is that the dragon heart can never be stolen. To get it, the one possessing it must give it to the other person personally or it would self-distract the moment it is forcefully taken away, Dragons.

While the unfortunate thing is that, since he refused to give it out, he was tortured both physically and mentally all these years. His once flawless skin was full of scars with not an inch left untouched.

The inhuman torture he had gone through could make even the bravest man surrender or go crazy. Even Shu Yin is amaze with the endurance of the original, he's not human at all!

Harton looked complicatedly at the back of the leaving Devon, his fist tight.

[HIDDEN MISSION COMPLETED]

[Mission Reward: A Piece Of The Millennium Mirror]

😘😊🤗😚😇😊😘😊😅😊😘😚🤗😚😚🤗😘😊🤗😚🤗😚🤗😚🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊🤗😊😘😊😅☺😘☺🤗😚😘😊😘😊

Good Day Everyone!

Hope this update brightens your rainy days!