Arc 4.16 Devon

Arc 4.16 Devon

"Host, I feel bad."

Xiao Xiao tugs the back of Devon's sleeves hiding behind him. He felt like he was a prey being eyed by a beast.

Before entering the death marsh, he felt like it was nothing at all. He had experienced many worlds and danger together with his Host so what is a death marsh?

Now was he only to know what a death marsh is when they had entered it.

He had experienced many worlds but his guts is still so small and deflated like a balloon seeing the abyss like depth and almost darkness within the death marsh.

Yes, they had hop on many different worlds and experienced many dangers, but these adventures were not experienced by Xiao Xiao himself but by Shu Yin all alone!

Because all this time he was hiding behind his system space cheering for his Host and gloating over to his misfortunes, but who's gloating now?

Not only that, after they had entered the Death marsh after walking sometime, they had found a lone ruin standing in the midst of nowhere. Due to curiosity, they are now trapped inside it.

If time could turn back. Xiao Xiao would definitely have pulled back its Host at all costs to not enter the ruin. Now, they are walking in the endless path and there is no turning back!

"Scared?" Devon raised an eyebrow amused.

"Who's scared?" Xiao Xaio said puffing his chest.

Devon looked at Xiao Xiao with his usual piercing eyes, Xiao Xiao's puffed-up chest deflated like a pop balloon.

"Yes, I'm scared! Very scared! Host, let's quickly get out of here please!" Xiao Xao cried and cling on his Host leg for dear life.

Xiao Xiao does not think that crying with his snot all over his Host clothes is embarrassing at all, he is more scared of dying young ah!

Devon, who was only teasing Xiao Xiao, looked helpless at the same time want to bet someone. His System really has small courage even though even if they die here, it is only their Host body that dies not truly them.

Devon has no time watching Xiao Xiao enact a full play before leaving him in place. Xiao Xiao who was being left behind felt cold, he has not yet finished his drama speech before being left behind.

Squeek!

Hearing the sound on the dark corridors behind them, Xiao Xiao quickly stood up no longer bent on doing a one-hour play.

He does not feel dying young.

"Host, wait for me!"

Devon walked on the endless ruins. The path only had one path with no twist or turn. If you look ahead, it seems that the path ahead is endless with no end with only the guiding light for them to walk forward.

But if you looked back, there is also only an endless darkness with no sight of the end or the path which they had took.

Devon found this place interesting but not as interesting as the group walking behind him.

Not before long as he was walking on that endless road, an intersection besides the straight path ahead of him appeared. Not only that, four injured Demon's appeared.

The three Demons were only slightly injured but the one in white cape seems to be heavily injured that he could hardly stand.

When they crossed paths, one of the Demons together with the most injured seemed to look at him weirdly and a faint killing intention flitted past him.