(2) Father of Chaos - Janus

Summary - Janus is the single father of three crazy boys, but that doesn't mean he was a lead on their chaos.

I love Janus being a wine mom vibe I couldn't help myself - These ones of just a single parents are still going to be common and can be requested but they'll probably be shorter.

Words: 608

"Roman, Remus - don't taunt your brother like that." Janus had to command as soon as he went down the stairs; he had just finished a Zoom call with his job and the loud screaming of children was understood but not at all enjoyed. His twin 7 year old sons, Roman and Remus, were holding their little brother Virgil's favourite teddy out of his grasp which was making the toddler cry. Janus swooped up the toddler and snatched the teddy back. 

"Thank you Da." Virgil mumbled, cuddling his cat toy and glaring back at his brothers. The twins ran off in a different direction, deciding to steal each other's backpacks and search through it to annoy each other. Janus placed Virgil on the sofa with a iPad and turned the TV on to a Disney movie - Frozen II. Both twins were immediately captivated and sat on the floor directly in front of the TV. They still had each other's backpacks but at least they were silent.

This was the perfect point to get some of his 'juice'. It wasn't wine like most of the parents he knew had to use to get day by day, he always found that often got out of hand and set a bad example. Instead his drink of choice around the kids was Pepsi - it was a lot better than Coca-Cola - and it gave him all the energy he needed. He sat next to his youngest son and also watched the TV. 

Roman was happily singing along to the songs at the top of his lungs. It was amazing for Janus to watch and he loved watching his son's joy but was also weary of possible neighbour noise complaints as that happened a lot. Eventually he became more fascinated by Remus' green diary (he carried it everywhere and didn't yet remove it from his school backpack as the family had only been home for about an hour). He then gasped maniacally and faced his brother, shouting. "Remus and Logan sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Remus immediately became a ball of red and tried to snatch his diary back. Janus could faintly see into the diary and saw a whole page dedicated to writing the name of a classmate - Logan - down with hearts surrounding it. Janus had only met this kid a few times, the first when Remus and Roman were invited to a child's birthday party. He always found the 7 year old quite odd - he always wore a tie and had glasses too big for his face. His parents were nice and polite though and Remus absolutely adored him.

"I know about you and Patton!" Remus screamed back, also making Roman red. Patton was also a classmate of the twins, a lot cheerier than Logan and had an obsession with animals. "ROMAN AND PATTON SITTING IN A TREE! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" The green wearing twin screamed so loud it almost burst Janus' ear drums if he wasn't used to it. "Hey Dad - Dad - Roman kissed Patton today! On the cheek!" Remus ran over to his father and giggled, trying to get Roman in trouble with his innocent mind.

"And that's totally fine. No-one can tell you who you need to love." He spoke gently in response, deciding to take his older children in his arms for an impromptu cuddle. Both boys accepted it and were happy to tell their Dad about their crushes and their school day. It quieted them down to do that, and it's not like Janus would ever stop them. He was glad his kids had no fear being who they wanted to be.