(177) He Can't Speak English? Part 2 - Royality

Summary: After five years of dating his Italian boyfriend, only managing to see him during school breaks, Patton can finally take the full leap and fully emigrate to Italy. And Dio, he is excited.

Another chapter with a foreign language involved! If there are any Italians reading this I'm happy to have corrections, but I tried to make the Italian as accurate as possible.

Words: 1246

Patton wiped his sleepy eyes as he realised he was towards the end of his eleven hour flight, letting a yawn escape before focusing back on his book. He needed to practice his basic sayings for this. He was moving to Italy!

More specifically, he was preparing to live forever with the love of his life - Roman Ferrari. They were going to live in Naples, and had found a 'cheap' apartment for seven thousand euros to start their life together in. Roman had just graduated university and got a job in an art museum, and Patton had a visa to teach English to cute Italian kiddos after graduating himself. And they were going to be living together, including even sharing the same bed... It was a dream come true.

"Mi voy... No that's Spanish." Patton whispered to himself as he tried to repeat the sentence in his book for the fifth time, a sentence he really wanted to learn but it wasn't going into his head. In moments like these he wished his parents taught him more Italian than 'ciao', 'parli italiano', and 'spaghetti alla bolognese' - but since he started dating Roman he took it upon himself to learn his native tongue.

Soon the plane landed, and everyone on the plane began running out of the aircraft like their lives depended on it. For Patton he wanted to take a leisurely stroll, take everything in, even though he had been to the airport many times before. This time was going to be more special though as Patton wouldn't have to enter the departures section anytime soon.

Patton had managed to retrieve his 'valigie' from the conveyer belt with the help of his textbook and some very friendly Italians, and his passport and visa were all clear. He walked through the archway to the outside of the airport and immediately heard a voice that made his heart skip a beat.

"Amore mio, Patton!" Roman screamed at the top of his lungs as he saw Patton for the first time in at least a year, a smile taking over his face as he ran over to his boyfriend and scooped him up. "Del mio dio, mio amato, ti amo tanto." Roman was speaking breathlessly, his eyes not leaving Patton's until he cupped his lover's cheeks and gave him a soft kiss. The kiss caused a wave of relief to go over Roman - he missed this contact so much.

"Ti voglio bene..." Patton whispered cautiously after the kiss, knowing he was meaning to say 'I love you' but knowing his tongue didn't go the right direction all the time. Roman smiled softly at the cautious sentence, held one of Patton's hands and used his free hand to grab one of his boyfriend's suitcases. "Are you excited, my prince?"

Roman's smile was irresistible as the pair walked towards Roman's car, the main vehicle for Patton's life for an indefinite amount of time. "Very. I've been counting the days." As soon as the American opened the passenger door of the car, his face glowed even more beautifully. "Yes, I managed to get some liquorice rombetti." Roman laughed, watching Patton happily sit and start to open the chocolates he loved so much. Maybe even more than Roman.

But the Italian didn't mind being second best when he saw that sweet, little smile on Patton's face as his lips were covered in dark chocolate. "Grazie!" Patton chirped, giving his boyfriend a kiss on the cheek before taking another fistful of Italian candy to the mouth. Yeah, Roman could get used to this life.

Later that evening Roman was in the kitchen alone, letting Patton rest in the bedroom to get over jet-lag. Even all the sugar Italy could give Patton could get him over the six hour time difference. But he still loved just knowing Patton was nearby - in their shared bed - and he wasn't going to go away in a week. Roman was going to make sure he wasn't going away ever.

It felt like yesterday Roman was lying in bed, it was 7pm so he was waiting for his parents to finish cooking dinner, but his phone was exploding. Twitter was going wild, all his liceo friends were tagging him in a stranger's post. A post from Patton Marino. And his breath was taken away as soon as he saw him, a certified blond haired cutie with circle glasses, attending either a pride event or a rainbow festival. He was looking for a childhood friend and had a photo, Roman began freaking out when he realised he was the other child in the photo. He had met this perfect boy and didn't immediately kiss him? Sure, he was five, but he should still have taste at five.

Roman swallowed all the nerves he had in that moment - knowing exactly what he needed to do. He got changed from pyjamas into his most attractive outfit, unbuttoned the top buttons on his shirt, and leant his phone against his closet making sure his own rainbow pride flag was in view. He tried to pull the most seductive pose he could and added a comment to the post: 'Hey dolcezza, I heard you were looking for me?'.

And the rest was history. "Smells good! I mean, buona." Patton appeared out of the bedroom, still wiping his eyes but walking into the kitchen and attaching his hands to Roman's waist.

"Close, it's buono." Roman laughed, kissing Patton's temple as he poured the pasta into two bowls. "Bucatini con funghi e salsiccia, basically pasta with meat and mushrooms. I'll make tiramisu later." The two men kissed again and sat at a nearby small dining table. This whole apartment was small, but it was theirs.

Patton reached across the table to hold Roman's hand as they ate. This moment was so peaceful, sitting in an Italian apartment with the moonlight lighting them both, and Roman was undeniably attractive. He was going to wait for a romantic moment for Patton to say the question he had been practicing but this moment seemed romantic - any moment with Roman was romantic it seemed. "Everything OK, anima gemella?" Roman asked, stroking Patton's thumb and smiling.

"I have a sentence I want to practice!" Patton tried to sound as cheerful and nonchalant as normal, but the mix of tiredness and nerves was doing the inverse. Roman looked concerned but nodded and smirked a little. Patton had to take a deep breath and close his eyes to visualise the question written down in his textbook. "Mi vuoi sposare?"

He did it! He asked Roman to marry him, and he did it correctly! Now was just the reaction, to which Patton opened his eyes and saw Roman give him a look of shock. He grasped Patton's hand tighter, stroking the fingers for a second of silence before giving Patton's fist a kiss. "Now?" He asked quietly, his voice barely above a whisper but a wide smile coming to his face. "I know where the courthouse is."

It was no surprise when Roman and Patton woke in each other's arms the next morning, they were already calling each other husband and marito, although they hadn't gone to the courthouse. They continued their lives in Italy and it was a dream come true for both of them... although they did have to move back to the United States when they wanted to start a small family with their love.