(36) Chosen Part 2 - Prinxiety (and Logicality)

The first part of this is actually really popular and I kind of want little Grey in my life so part 2 is coming!

Summary: Virgil and Roman welcome their new little son to their home with the help of Virgil's older brother - Logan. Logan is a happy bachelor until he meets a cute social worker he wouldn't mind taking on a date.

Couldn't help doing another Logicality/Prinxiety ending - I mean it was only mentioned in the last one whereas this is an actual meet-cute

Words: 2054 (long one boi)

"Yay!" Grey screamed as Virgil tried to buckle him in the car seat, although he was moving around quite a lot so it wasn't the easiest. Still, Virgil couldn't stop smiling watching the toddler clap and giggle. "Yay! Yay! Yay!"

Roman laughed looking over Virgil's shoulder, kissing Virgil's cheek and smiling at their new son. "Hey - how about we play a game Grey?" Grey's eyes expanded and he silenced with a look of hope, but stuck his thumb in his mouth. Roman reached over and tucked Grey's little t-shirt down a little. It was a shirt decorated in cats given by his old social worker. "Let's play the statue game! Stay as still as possible while we make sure you're safe and happy on the way home OK?" Grey nodded and immediately sat up straight and still, letting Virgil finally buckle Grey into the car. The boyfriends got into the car and drove home, excited to show Grey his new home.

The first thing Grey spotted was a food truck and kitchen play-set about double the size of him. He immediately began walking over to it and looked back at his fathers curiously. "Mine?"

"All yours little guy." Virgil smiled as he sat on the floor beside the set, watching Grey hit the plastic pans against the plastic kitchen counter and try to turn on the sinks and lights. Virgil and Roman had made sure to spoil Grey even before he arrived home, buying all different toys and books and the best furniture for his bedroom the couple could afford. "You like it?"

Grey moved to sit on Virgil's lap before answering while Roman watched pleasantly deciding to cook a lunch of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. "T'ank you Da!"

The family of three spent time together for a few hours: playing with Grey and chasing him around, reading and telling him stories, feeding him an obscene amount of candy disregarding the impending hyperness and showing him his new bedroom. The two Dads were just so happy to finally have their little son.

Around dinner time came a knock at the door followed by Virgil's brother, Logan, walking in. He was dressed in simple dark blue jeans and a black turtleneck, both brothers weren't particularly extroverted especially with their fashion sense. Virgil greeted him and started a meaningless conversation about space travel while Roman stayed on the floor with their son, watching Grey roll a tractor toy around the carpet making it crash and flip and get hit by trains.

"This is Greyson?" Logan asked, standing right next to the toddler and looming over him. Grey tilted his head in curiosity and sat closer to his father, staring up at the tall stranger as if it was his first time encountering humanity. Logan smiled at him, but a content smile that wasn't particularly reassuring.

"He goes by Grey." Virgil quickly picked him up, giving the boy a kiss on the cheek and holding him close to who would now be his uncle. Logan smiled again but quickly stopped when Grey hid his face in Virgil's neck. "Grey? Are you shy? This is my brother - Logan - he's a big gentle giant."

But for the rest of the evening Grey seemed to avoid Logan and stayed by his fathers. Logan wasn't put off by it particularly, he wasn't close to anyone himself as he lived alone with no current romantic interests in his life and barely had a social life. He was only close to his family and especially close to his younger brother. After all, they were both LGBTQ and even though there were five years between them they seemed to realise at the same time they liked men so often chatted about their issues of self-discovery growing up. It was just lucky that Virgil found his true love and Logan didn't.