(189) *Requested* When Dad Met Dad Part 2 - Intrulogical

Summary: Remus and Logan take their sons to the indoor gym so they can chat while the kids are away. They seem to find each other attractive - so they might as well take this time just the two of them as a date.

TW - Drug misuse - but getting sober from it. Also traumatic break-ups and PPD.

Words: 1152

"Yeah, I'll definitely come to you if you get hurt V. Have some fun first before panicking though OK?" Remus' whisper was so deep and soothing and Logan was falling hard for this tattooed man. Logan was rendered speechless just looking at him, his mouth felt so dry and his hands felt so clammy, the only distraction from the gay panic was his own son Patton but unfortunately the elementary schooler was too courageous for his own good and was already at the top of the jungle gym.

Finding a guy that was good with kids was a rarity when it came to Logan's aesthetic type. The nerd admired men with a more rugged look - tattoos, ripped clothes, dark make-up - and the guy he was facing right now had all three. It was hard to not stare at him, and even harder to not freak out when Virgil ran into the crowd of children all happy to search for his friend and Remus gave Logan a cute small smirk. "Pat's an amazing kid, by the way, apparently he's been helping Virgil join playground games."

"I'm not surprised, he's a little diplomat." Remus was admiring Logan too, keeping his eyes on him as he fiddled with his glasses and smiled a little as Patton helped Virgil climb a foam ladder. The nerd's cheeks were a little pink but Remus didn't mind that either - nerds were Remus' Achilles heel of love. But Logan was just watching his son proudly, arms crossed over his chest as he sucked on a straw holding Diet Coke. "That kid really is a blessing."

Now, Remus really wanted to understand any reluctance Logan might have for flirting, but he didn't want to seem too rude. He had to tread carefully. "So... when Patton said you were his only parent, why is that?"

For the first time Logan giggled and wow Remus really wanted to jump on him now. Even his laugh was cute and nerdy! "It's a long story." Logan said after his laugh, immediately losing his voice again when he turned his head and spotted Remus red faced and wide eyed just staring. He could get lost in those beautiful brown eyes in a second.

Logan knew this was a bad idea with guys that dressed in Remus' aesthetic, but just that one look made Logan want to be completely vulnerable and tell this man everything that made him the way he was. And the look was telling Logan that Remus wasn't the stereotype of his dress code - he could be trusted.

"Uh... Basically I dated a guy in the past and I absolutely loved him to the moon and back. He wouldn't tell me his job but I didn't mind - I was just so lovestruck all I could think about was a lovey-dovey version of him. He eventually told me he was 'stuck with bad guys' or something, and he needed to look like he had a normal family so they didn't catch onto him. We couldn't use his sperm though for the task - so we used mine. I don't know who made the other genetic half of Patton but nine months later he came into my life. Then... about four years ago my ex was arrested for some pretty big charges so... now I know what his job was I guess."

It sounded like Logan had read out the summary for a dark Netflix show, but his cute little laugh grounded Remus in the situation again that he was facing an amazing cutie. A cutie that had gone through hard stuff and was making his life best for his son. He was literally the perfect man.

Logan smiled a little and took another sip of his drink to fill the silence. "Sorry for trauma-dumping a little there. I'm just trying to figure out how to say it properly before Patton asks." This time Logan turned his head towards Remus, showing his pretty blue eyes. Remus would never hurt those pretty blue eyes.

"I get it, Virgil and I have had a past too." Remus was never the type to admit his past to people - but he could trust Logan. This amazing man wouldn't judge him for past mistakes. "I suppose Virgil and I are the other side of the story. Me and my ex girlfriend were in our early twenties with addictions galore meaning we got sloppy with contraception. She used Virgil as a chance to get clean but it backfired when she got really bad PPD. I can't remember how old Virgil was because I was so - out of reality at the time - but when I realised he was learning to walk surrounded by needles I knew things needed to change."

Remus always cried whenever he remembered the environment Virgil was born in, and how he was too delusional to stop everything when Virgil was a little newborn. He couldn't even remember Virgil being a newborn he was so addicted, and he didn't have any photos of the little cutie. But when Remus turned his head back to Logan after wiping a tear a smile returned to his face again. Logan was watching him with adoration and possibly love.

"How long have you been sober?" Logan's voice was so gentle Remus could listen to it forever.

"About 18 months, I had a couple of relapses at the beginning." Logan still smiled. Logan exuded proudness and positivity much like his six year old did. "Virgil kept me trying, and therapy. Therapy really helped me work on the underlining reasons I needed to escape the world back then."

The pair sat in silence for another few minutes, sipping their drinks and sharing a bowl of fries, waving at their sons whenever they looked over. Remus' cheeks started to pinked again though when Logan said something out of the blue. "So... with what you said about falling in love at the fro-yo place..."

Remus' heart broke in two but he expected this, he would never want to hurt Logan. "Oh, don't worry about that. I know I can be lots of baggage so even though I'm open to a relationship, I'd want it to be with someone who I won't mentally impact too much."

Logan kept his eyes on Remus and bit his lip in silence, then spoke about something that would be Remus dream. "I think we can try it, you're... super attractive and definitely nothing like my ex." Now Remus and Logan were staring at each other with red cheeks and sweaty hands. "I think I've fallen in love with you already, even with your past."

Remus was smiling like a goofball as he said the next words, already imagining walking down the aisle to this beautiful face in front of him with Virgil and Patton cheering him on. "OK... Let's count this as a date then."