(24) Competition Part 2 - Prinxiety

Summary: Roman and Virgil are fathers of two children: Valentina and River. Both are teenagers and both are insanely competitive, and their fathers aren't the type to stop their games.

River uses they/them pronouns because non-binary children are valid (they're about 11/12) - and just a reminder Roman and Virgil used the same donor egg but Valentina is related to Virgil and River is related to Roman.

Also some QPP representation with Logan (I'm still learning about them though so please teach me XD).

I've been working on this for a while so the chapter's very long XD.

Words: 2432

"Daaad! Tell Tina that's my necklace!" River came bounding down the stairs with the family Labrador, Walt, to where Virgil was cooking dinner. Virgil looked up from the oven at his youngest child with a soft smile - screaming was normal in his household. 

"Where is she?" Virgil mumbled. River pointed upstairs and he went upstairs to Valentina's room. Valentina was the average 16 year old, very girly with a mix of creams and pinks, pictures of family holidays to Paris and London and selfies with her friends dotted around the room. Roman and Virgil even spoilt both their children with double beds - the bed was being occupied by one of their cats, Sally, at that moment. The owner of the room was sat at her vanity straightening her pitch black hair and wearing high rise black jeans, a red crop top and a simple beaded necklace. She smiled at her father seeing him through the mirror. "You look pretty Mini-Me, where you off to?" Virgil said nonchalantly as he leant against the doorframe.

Valentina chuckled and ruffled her hair slightly. "Just to a party round Maddie's - I'll be back at 8, can you pick me up?" Virgil left his space at the doorframe and walked up to his daughter with a smile, tucking her hair behind her ear and taking a moment just to smile at his little girl. It felt like yesterday he was tucking her into bed for a nap at 3pm and reading her stories about princesses and evil dragon-witches. 

"Definitely kiddo. Just promise to stay safe, no drugs but I trust you to have a drink if you do so responsibly." Virgil spoke gently and brushed his hands through his daughter's long hair. Both father and daughter had coily hair which they often straightened - but Virgil felt bad about that. Did Valentina watch Virgil straighten his hair growing up and therefore felt insecure about her hair texture like Virgil used to? "Why don't you go au-natural Vallie? Lots of people think coily hair is really pretty."

"I know Dad. Love you though." Valentina quickly stood, giving her father a hug and beginning to walk downstairs. Virgil caught her before she disappeared though as he remembered what he was summoned to her room for.

"River said you have their necklace." Virgil held out his hand with a smile, making Valentina sigh and take the necklace off. She rolled her eyes and laughed, going back to her vanity where all her own jewellery was stored.

"They're just wearing their overalls Dad, couldn't I have borrowed it? It's super pretty!" Valentina whined jokingly, spotting her little sibling also at the door now sticking their tongue out. Virgil switched his gaze between both before telling them to wait. He had a plan.

Virgil entered his bedroom quietly. Roman was stood in front of a map of America with several pins and notes, he worked as an events manager for a national theatre company, whispering to himself before turning to his husband and smiling. "Hey babe, dinner ready?" Virgil shook his head but didn't respond verbally. Instead he looked through the drawers and spotted two necklaces hidden inside. He remembered when he first got the necklaces - it was a gift on his 18th birthday from his 'new boyfriend'. They wore each necklace separately when they went to separate colleges but when they were reunited again Virgil wore both at the same time. The charm on the necklace was a red sword hitting a black cloud as the two jewels were attracted by magnets.