(47) Family Holiday - Moceit

Summary: Patton appreciates it when his friend takes him and his young sons out on a summer break after escaping a toxic relationship. While they started as friends, things soon changed when they had to share a double bed.

I can't describe why but the idea of Logan and Roman being twins is the cutest thing XD

This was going to be a long chapter but the next bit has some triggers so I thought I'd give the option of a softer ending here if people find drunk actions triggering :)

Words: 1010

"Thank you so much Janus, I can't thank you enough." Patton whispered to his friend as he sat in the passenger seat, his two sons in the back with headphones on staring at the iPad. Janus only nodded, smirking at his friend. "I mean I looked up the hotel and it seems pretty pricy - are you sure we aren't hurting your wallet with our problems?"

"Wrong mindset Pat." Janus said quickly, staring ahead of him. Patton looked down shyly and then at his boys behind him. They were snuggled up together half asleep but wanting to finish the Peppa Pig episode, covered by Patton's favourite blanket that was probably still warm from the last time he used it. The ride had been quite a few hours and across all different states the boys hadn't even heard about before - so it was all tiring. "Logan's glasses are still on, you want to stop and get them ready to nap?"

"They're fine - they'll sleep like babies once we get there, won't you boys?" Patton called back to his sons who nodded and rubbed their little brown and blue eyes. Patton remembered when he first saw those eyes, he knew he'd do anything for them - including a task he previously thought was impossible of leaving his partner. At least his sons seemed happier now. He kept his eyes on them, Logan leaning on Roman's shoulder while Roman tried desperately to move as he hadn't for at least 8 hours.

"Can Janus read me the story of the frog and the princess? He reads good." Roman chirped, trying to balance himself to a stand against Patton's chair even though he was firmly held to his car seat. His twin must have been too tired to correct him as he only mumbled and grabbed more onto his unicorn teddy. "How long 'til we get there?"

"It's just around the corner bud." Janus chirped, turning his head slightly to smile at the four year old. "Can you look out the window and look for it? It's a big white building and should have Sanders Court on the front of it."

Roman looked at all the buildings enthusiastically while Janus drove, allowing Patton to have the peace and quiet to think. It was funny, when he first left his previous relationship he thought everything would get worse - he had no place to live, two kids under his belt and plenty of insecurities about his sexuality. He didn't expect his friend from childhood to hear about all this through family members and offer everything: a place to stay, babysitting the boys whenever Patton needed a break, and a friend to talk to about sexuality as this friend had come out in high school. Janus even spoilt the boys with things they hadn't done before with their old parent like resort holidays at the other side of the country.

"Found it Janus!" Roman shouted as Janus reached the car park of the resort, making Logan mumble a complaint and stretch from the small nap he managed to have next to his excited twin. Janus smiled back at him - but Roman couldn't stop staring at the place he'd spend the week of summer before kindergarten.

"You can get the boys and sign us in." Janus whispered to Patton who was equally amazed at the holiday Janus managed to afford them all. "We're room 169 -  I'll find a place to park and join you with the suitcases."

Patton nodded and opened the car door, then opened Roman's which made him finally unbuckle himself and run and jump at his father's side, and lastly opened Logan's door as he most likely wanted to be carried out and cradled in the blanket. The reception looked as fancy as the outside with comfy sofas in the waiting area and games for children to entertain themselves when they first arrive. Roman ran straight to the toy cars while Logan snuggled more into his father's neck. It was amazing how Roman seemed to hardly get tired until he was read a bedtime story, and it was a bother at times too. Soon Patton managed to get the keys to their hotel room just as Janus joined them with the three suitcases - and they made their way to their rooms.

The twins fell asleep almost immediately like Patton promised, letting Janus and Patton to open the door to their own bedroom. Janus ordered a two bedroom semi-twin, which meant that although both beds were technically double beds they could be dragged apart to make two twin beds. That task seemed easy in the boys' bedroom while Patton focused on getting both of them in pjs - but their own room seemed different when Patton was trying to do it alone.

"I can't find the crease Jan..." Patton mumbled as he felt around the middle of the bed in the darkness. Janus closed the door and turned the light on to see if that would help, it didn't. It looked just like a double bed. "Are you sure this is the same design as the boys'?"

"It's what I ordered, we can go down to reception tomorrow and get another room if it isn't." Janus tried to unlock the beds to help Patton but he was right - there was no separation between the two beds. He then walked to the suitcase and got out his pjs to change in the bathroom. "I think we can deal with a double bed tonight, Roman will be cranky if he's woken up again." Patton nodded and also got out the pyjamas he was going to wear, as well as deciding what clothes his sons would wear tomorrow and neatly folding them on the dresser. 

Turns out sharing a double bed wasn't that bad. Patton did adore cuddles almost as much as he loved his kids - and Janus gave good cuddles in his sleep. With one arm around his waist Patton settled in for a short relaxing night and long hyper vacation.