(30) Not A Family Vlogger - ThomasxNico

Summary - Vidcon is chaotic for even the most professional YouTuber - let alone when the popular Thomas Sanders decides to step his personal life into the limelight and introduce his fans to his growing family.

Not me subtly throwing shade at Thomas' upload schedule...

Words: 1120

"Everything will be fine Thomi." Nico mumbled as he leant his head on his husband's shoulder. They were on a plane together from Jacksonville, Florida to Los Angeles, California - a five hour flight not even taking into account getting to and from the airports. On each of their laps were their twin sons - newly adopted and going on a fun adventure. The identical twins were called Roman and Remus - named after two characters Thomas had created years ago and he thought they were perfect names for their babies.

But in reality Thomas had every right to worry. The pair were going to a convention together for the first time after Thomas was invited to do a panel or two, but Thomas had been secretive from the internet for a while. He had mentioned around 2020 that there was a guy called Nico in his life but painted him as a fictional character and in the next 5 years only half a dozen videos were produced and none of them mentioned Nico. While these videos were made Thomas and Nico strengthened their relationship, got eloped (a wedding would destroy Thomas' fans) and adopted two infants. The fans knew absolutely nothing and honestly view counts had gone down considerably which was why Thomas felt confident enough to bring his family along this convention. 

Remus shook his rattle and hit it against the seat ahead of him while Roman began fussing due to the air pressure hitting his ears. Thomas felt so luckily having the cutest twins in the world, preparing some formula milk while Nico cuddled Roman and tried to distract Remus from annoying other passengers. On the chairs in front of the Sanders family were a group of teenagers presumably from Florida too - all of them wearing Animal Crossing cosplay and chatting about the upcoming Vidcon. "I heard Thomas Sanders is attending too." One of them, dressed as Tom Nook, said. The others turned to them surprised.

"That's the Vine guy right? I haven't heard anything from him in years!"

"Yeah, does he even post anymore?"

Nico cleared his throat relatively loudly, Thomas was unsure whether he wanted the teens to shut up or wanted them to turn around for an impromptu meet-and-greet. It could be either with Nico - the unpredictable extrovert that talked to literally anyone. The teenagers quieted for a second before turning around and looking between the gap in the seats - immediately spotting Thomas Sanders and a shouting hyper baby. "Wait... Are you Thomas Sanders sir?"

"That I am." Thomas smiled and let Remus stand up, being held by the belly and letting the baby press his hands on the seat. "Nice to meet you."

"Is he yours?" Another one asked, making eye contact with Nico for a moment before smiling widely. "There's two!" Nico laughed at the teen's excitement, also letting Roman stand the same way.

Thomas didn't mind chatting to the teens for the rest of the flight until Roman and Remus needed a nap. The nap lasted a great while including when Nico and Thomas got to the hotel room so they could finally relax together and be excited for the next day. Thomas always enjoyed cuddles after a long flight.

After a bit of networking the first social event of Vidcon began - an Influencer meet-up. Drinks were provided and lots of Thomas' friends were going. The only problem was the twins. "Honestly honey it'll be fine for an evening." Nico laughed as he changed Remus' diaper. Thomas was giving Roman one last cuddle. "Go and enjoy yourself."

"I want to show you off to my friends though!" Thomas pouted then blew strawberries on Roman's cheek. Nico sighed and lifted Remus into the air making the infant giggle. "Please?"

Nico rolled his eyes and got the pushchair, putting Remus in one seat and Roman in the other. The pair then walked together to the floor of the hotel - parents often brought their kids to these social events so having babies there wasn't unusual. Thomas tried to stay with his group of friends and had a civilised drink in one hand and one of the twins on his lap. Nico's main duty was taking care of the twins so they didn't disturb anyone - and he didn't mind. He was a family man.

Nico was juggling feeding Remus formula in the corner of the room while Thomas was in the bathroom changing Roman's diaper. So far Nico had been undisturbed in this party and just known as Thomas Sanders' husband. That was until an influencer approached him with the look of absolute joy only shown when faked and a video camera. Nico wasn't that involved in the YouTube sphere... Maybe she was called Gabbie or Hannah. "Aw is he yours? What channel are you?"

"I'm married to Thomas Sanders." Nico said as quiet as possible to hopefully make sure the audio would be bad enough to not be in the video. The influencer only tilted her head and gave a confused glance. Nico gave the same glance back then focused on his son.

"Is he a family vlogger?" The influencer eventually piped up just as Thomas emerged from the bathroom smiling and gave Nico a kiss on the cheek. She seemed to glow with joy seeing the identical twins, zooming in on them as they playfully hit each other and grabbed each other's hand. "Thomas Sanders - what's your channel name?"

"Thomas Sanders?" Thomas laughed, albeit awkwardly, and took both twins to let Nico duck out. He shouldn't have to deal with annoying vloggers when that wasn't his profession. "These are Roman and Remus, I'd prefer not to have the camera in their faces." He managed to nudge the camera away slightly and stood at a distance. Vloggers like these were a disease sometimes.

"So you're not a family channel? Your babies are so cute!" Thomas shook his head again, slowly beginning to walk away again back to his friends. The influencer followed. "How old are they? Are you thinking of starting a family channel? Do you have any merch involving the kids?"

"Please, I'd rather you put the camera away now. Thomas Sanders is my channel, not a channel to exploit my kids. Stop." And with that Thomas escaped back to his friends, and Nico held their boys again and gave them a kiss. They avoided the Gabbie/Hannah for the rest of the convention and introduced their fans to their kids when the twins weren't cranky or tired. 

On the plane back home Thomas gave Nico a kiss on the forehead. Nico smiled and whispered. "I'm so glad I have you."

"I'm glad I have you too."