(123) Fatherly Figure - brotherly Anxceit and romantic Moxiety

Summary: Ever since Janus was little it had been him, his older brother, and his older brother's transgender boyfriend Patton. But time passes and soon the family won't be just those three.

TW - Implied previous abuse and trauma from it, implied sexual activity and mpreg.

Words: 2755 (this one was a request on my AO3 and there was a lot to fit in!)

The cold air suddenly hit Janus, waking him from his sleep as he realised he was being carried by the soft arms of his older brother. "Virgil?" Janus mumbled, although a lot quieter than he'd like as he began to shiver. Virgil ignored him at first and placed him in the carseat permanently in the teen's car, covering him with a fluffy black blanket and giving him his yellow teddy. This wasn't normal. The last thing Janus remembered was celebrating his brother's eighteenth birthday party and now Virgil looked focused, maybe a little sad, and was driving away from his childhood home. "What's happening Ve?"

"Everything's OK." Virgil mumbled, turning on the Disney Villains' playlist that was permanently stuck in the CD player of Virgil's dodgy Volkswagen. The music was quiet presumably so Janus could sleep, but he could also hear Virgil speak clearly. "We're going to the hospital to check those burns 'Dad' gave you last week and then we're heading to the flat I'm renting. It won't be as big as home but it'll have to do."

Virgil's grunt was commanding but careful, and Janus didn't think of questioning or crying about anything until a week or so later when he realised he wasn't heading back to his childhood home. The apartment was a small studio apartment in the worst part on the city - Janus had to move schools even though he'd only been in first grade for a semester and he had to have this horrible surgery and cream on his face every night as well as police coming to ask him lots of scary questions. 

But Virgil was there for everything, always available for a hug even though he was freshly eighteen himself, and he was perfectly willing to tell the world to leave his little brother alone if he ever wanted that to be the case. Even though Janus experienced such a big change when he was six years old it didn't seem like that big in the end at all. He just had lots more time with the best big brother.

*****

Janus sat at the kitchen table as he kicked his feet back and forth, staring at the math homework in front of him where fractions needed simplifying. Virgil wasn't home from work yet to help him but luckily at the big age of ten he was trusted to be home alone for the however many hours it took for Virgil to finish work as a jeweller. It was silence as Janus just sucked his thumb and stared at the paper in front of him.

Familiar laughter was heard down the apartment corridor, gentle and soft which indicated the laughter was not caused by forced socialisation but rather voluntary. When the laughter Janus knew as his brother's dissipated it was replaced with another laugh Janus didn't know. A higher pitched and sharper one that made Janus tense up a little. Virgil wasn't the type to bring visitors.

The clank of keys went through the keyhole and Virgil walked through the door, speaking to a person behind him. The new person was even shorter than Virgil and wore a simple light blue t-shirt and jeans, curly blond hair reached their shoulders and circular glasses covered their blue eyes. "This is my humble abode... I know it's not the cleanest." Virgil said nervously before realising Janus' school shoes were beside the door. "Oh he's back. Janus?"

Janus stood and peaked his head out from the column that separated the kitchen from the rest of the house. "Yeah bro?"

The new person immediately smiled wide and waved with their left hand, their right hand was holding... Virgil's hand? Virgil looked even more nervous now he was facing his brother, light pink dusted his cheeks whenever he looked back at the new person, and he never got rid of his smile. "I want you to meet someone very important to me. Both of you. I want both of you to meet each other because you're both equally important to me... Yeah..."