(199) Stevie - Logicality

Summary: A few years after being high school sweethearts because of a plastic baby project, Logan and Patton enjoy settled life. Especially settled life with their own real-life plastic baby.

So... If anyone is still in the Sanders Sides fandom and ships Logicality/Prinxiety/Demus... I am 20 chapters into pre-writing a new book! The first week of September (4th to 10th) should go into your calendars!

"Honey... Sweetie... Lovebug..." Logan woke to the gentle whispers of his husband, noticing how his hand was still tugging onto his soulmate's soft pyjama top. "I have work." Patton kissed his husband's cheek and slowly the warmth beside Logan on the bed became an empty coldness. The nerd missed his husband already.

"Enjoy the night shift." Logan said back, his words slightly slurred by his tiredness. Even though his eyes were closed he knew exactly what his soulmate was doing. He was looking cute, finding his doctor lanyard that was stuck behind the dresser as always, and making sure his hair was sufficiently fluffy for all the kids he was going to help. Patton had his dream job.

*****

It felt like yesterday Logan and Patton were reaching the end of their freshmen year of college. They'd taken all the general classes, explored their interests, and it was major-picking time. The only problem - both had no idea what to do with life.

"I just... The Intro to Mathematics professor said I was a really strong contender. And I did take both AP Algebra and AP Statistics in high school." Logan brushed his hand through Patton's curls as they both lay on the carpet. The pair lived in the same dorm-room for the first year of college, but unfortunately their beds weren't big enough for the two of them - so Patton improvised and created a pillow fort between their beds. 

Patton's blue eyes met Logan's and he had a wide, mischievous smile. "Are you sure I didn't distract you too much from AP Algebra?" Logan took AP Algebra in junior year, the same year he had his first gay crisis over his health class project pal. It wasn't until senior year that they started dating properly - but Logan was definitely deep in the love zone during his algebra classes. "Plus, you're super smart! You can double major - and I know you adored that pre-med taster in Bio 101."

"So did you, my love." Logan kissed Patton's forehead gently and kept him close like he was about to run away. "You're smart enough to be a doctor if you want to - you can be anything love."

"I want to work with kids though. I think you're the only adult I really like." Patton chuckled under his breath. Ever since Patton was a child himself he knew he wanted to work with children, and he had enrolled in the teaching program for an Education major but the more he did his placements - the less he felt like it fit. he couldn't put a word to why, but he wanted to do something different in life. "Maybe, if you're a super-smart doctor, I can become a trophy husband and stay-at-home Dad!"

While Patton thought he made a good joke, Logan only slightly smiled and continued to stroke his boyfriend's hair. "Don't put yourself down honey, there's so many things you can do to help kids. I can see you comforting sick kids in hospital beds and making them feel all better with your infectious smile." Logan slowly brought Patton into a kiss and of course Patton accepted. He stroked Logan's growing stubble on his jawline and felt just at home. And looking into Logan's eyes, he could see his future.

Logan admired Patton's calculated look and took in the silence until Patton whispered. "Maybe you should consider teaching? Give it a go for me?" And that Logan did, he majored in mathematics and took a few teaching placements, then added psychology as a minor and got a teaching diploma in graduate school to teach high school math. 

Patton also took Logan's advice and majored in biology, loving to learn about the paediatric angles of medicine. He went to medical school and thrived there, specialising in paediatric diseases. He loved being Dr Cooke - he became Dr Watch a couple months after graduation.

*****

Logan had fully woken by the time Patton came to kiss him for the last time, but this time he had a special someone with him. "I'm on my way... And someone should need feeding soon." In Patton's arms was the family member the couple adored - Steven Janus Watch. Middle name after the couple's friend since high school and first name after the moment that brought them together.

"Hey Stevie... Hello! Did Paps wake you up?" Logan cooed and walked with Patton towards the front door, giving him a kiss goodbye as he finally left for his shift. The stars were out, everything else was dark, but Logan loved moments like these. He loved his little family.

Stevie cried softly in Logan's arms as Patton walked down the drive. Logan stroked the wisps of his son's hair and sung a lullaby, walking towards the kitchen. He was a lot better at infant care than he was in high school - only because Patton was perfection at everything. "I know... Paps just wanted to hug you! You're just too cute to leave in bed!"

Patton and Logan's baby was a mix between the two in every way. He had a few curls in his hair already at a few months old, but they were chestnut brown like Logan's. When he was awake he was cheery and happy with his parents, but cautious around letting others in.

Logan's favourite part of the night was when he was sat in the darkness with his son, warm bottle in hand. Stevie made his complaints known until he got his bottle of milk and then he was happy.

*****

It was noon when Patton returned from his busy work day helping all the sick children. Returning from work was always his favourite though.

And that was for one reason. Logan was super attractive when he was being a Dad - even though he said he wasn't a natural Dad every parenting action Logan did was perfect. This day, Patton came home from work in time for lunch.

"I'm home! How's my favourite husband?" Patton cheered as he placed his work folders down, kissing Logan's cheek and resting his palm on Stevie's head. Stevie was in the sling on Logan's chest, having a peaceful nap snuggled up to his Dad. "Looks like you've tired him out."

"Mhm. We had lots of tummy time, discovered the vacuum cleaner, and played with the rattle." Logan spoke softly, stroking Stevie's hair while paying attention to the lunch he was cooking. "He also discovered he can scream even louder than yesterday." Patton giggled and turned his husband to take Stevie out of his sling and into his Paps' arms.

Patton sloppily kissed Stevie's cheeks and cooed just as the baby started to wake up. "Did you? You're growing up so much - you're getting big boy lungs!"

Logan served two bowls of soup for lunch and gave his husband a soft kiss. "You really should stop waking him up my love."

"But he's so cute!" Patton's eyes were wide and happy, even though he must have had a hard day at work. But he was home now and would spend all the hours home being an attentive and attractive Dad.

Logan knew he made the right choice marrying this crazy, cheery boy he was partnered with in health class. He was a miracle in human form, with the cutest little baby at his hip. "He is cute, and so are you."