(34) Little Nightmare - Intrulogical (and platonic Anxceit)

Summary: Late nights are usually quite relaxing for Logan, but sometimes late nights are spent in the small purple nursery or yellow bedroom rather than in a warm bed cuddled up to his chaotic but joyful husband.

TW - You can probably guess what kind of actor Remus is. It's only mentioned and not a plot point.

Words: 1193

Logan yawned and entered his bedroom. Office nights were long nights, and it was 10pm when he finally got inside and could hang his coat on the other side of the door. A usual person would come back late at night to see their partner fast asleep in bed, deep sleep surrounded by dreams that meant he could just cuddle in and fall asleep. Not Logan though - his partner was still wide awake at the desk staring at YouTube. "Time to sleep honey." Logan mumbled and placed his hand on Remus' shoulder, Remus only grumbled. 

"Just this one video..." He mumbled. The video he was watching was some kind of gaming video - gameplay of something like Fallout or Call of Duty. Logan wrapped his arms around his husband and looked at how long the video would take - it was a livestream. The back of his head leant against the top of Logan's tie. "Mmm... Why are you still wearing your tie? You need me to get it off you?"

Logan giggled and kissed Remus' head, taking the tie off himself but not before ushering Remus' computer mouse towards the close window button. Eventually he managed to pry his husband away from the laptop screen and they both got changed into pyjamas, starting to cuddle and whisper sweet nothings to each other.

Until they were disturbed by soft wails across the corridor. Logan mumbled and shuffled out of bed - Remus wasn't going to move now his head was laid on the pillow. He opened the door opposite his bedroom cautiously, immediately spotting the crying small toddler grabbing out to him - the hood of his spider onesie covering his eyes. "Hey Virgil, had a bad dream?" Logan cooed, gently picking up his son and holding him. Virgil was the baby of Logan's small family; he was only just a year old but had only been with the family for half his life.

But Logan absolutely adored when Virgil's little fists grabbed onto his shirt as they sat together in the nearby spruce rocking chair. The baby still choked on his tears but was slightly comforted by his father's closeness. Virgil's room was decorated with everything a baby could want - textile sensory clouds on the walls, glow in the dark stars, the most expensive and best toys, and plenty of teddies based on his favourite movies.

"I'm here for Virgil Dada!" Logan and Remus' older son, Janus, smiled wide and walked in even though he was obviously half asleep. Janus was a 3 year old and the apple of his fathers' eyes, but he was protective of his little brother from prior to his adoption. "I can help!" Without even checking Logan needed him. He grabbed one of Virgil's knitted teething toys designed after Jack Skellington and ran in front of Logan, starting to wave the teddy's hand. "Virgil, look! Jack-Jack said no more nightmares! You'll be OK!"

The glasses wearing father couldn't help but chuckle watching his sons. He remembered what they were like when the husbands first met them - Janus had grown up far too quickly and was insanely protective of his baby brother and Virgil almost always cried when held or talked to. Now the pair were spoilt by their fathers, Logan and Remus had a lot of money to spoil them as Logan was a very important financial manager and Remus was a... actor for a specific genre. 

When Logan's mind focused on his current situation he realised Virgil was already fast asleep leaning on his chest, and Janus was smiling proudly still shaking teddy Jack's limbs. "I helped'd Dad!" Janus cheered as Logan stood and tucked Virgil into bed again. Virgil reached out for his Victor Van Dort teddy in his sleep. Logan placed his pointer finger on his lips and was about to turn - just as Janus was raised from the floor and a raspberry was blown into his neck by none other than Remus.

"What are you doing up little viper? I said it was bedtime 4 hours ago." Remus whispered loud enough for Logan to hear, and the two parents carried their other son out of the nursery and into his own yellow desert-themed room, sitting on his bed with him. Logan was thankful Remus could spend a lot of time at home if he wasn't on set, it meant their boys always had one of their fathers around and didn't have to worry about daycare or babysitters. Both Janus and Virgil loved Remus.

"I wanna read!" Janus ran to his bookshelf that was shaped to be many snakes twirled up against each other. With all his force he managed to drag his snake encyclopaedia on Remus' lap, and then dragged Logan to also sit on the bed and then sat in his lap. Of course Remus couldn't refuse another bedtime story, so cuddled up to his husband and leant his head on his shoulder.

"The green tree python (Morelia viridis) is a species of snake in the family Pythonidae. The species is native to New Guinea, some islands in Indonesia, and the in Cape York Peninsula in Australia..." Remus read slowly, watching his son's eyes light up hearing all the information and a small smile to appear on his husband's lips watching their boy's joy as he dusted off a few stains left on Janus' snake onesie from the chocolate milk snack before bed. Janus was just a smaller copy of Logan, and Remus adored them both (and Virgil) with all of his heart.

Remus loved his life - he used to hate it. He used to feel alone and unloved but Logan proved that was a 'falsehood' (his exact way to describe it), and now he had two sons that he would never stop smiling and laughing at and telling them they were the best kids in the world. As he read the snake book Remus focused on Logan's pulse, how his arm felt around his waist, thinking about what they should do when the pair were finally alone in their bedroom again.

That didn't take long though. "Oh you tired him out Dukey-doo." Logan cooed and stroked Janus' cheek, being careful to stand up and tuck Janus into bed as Remus placed the encyclopaedia back into the shelf. Remus could already feel his face heating up at the cheesy Dukey-doo nickname - it was only used a few times but every time the usually serious Logan said it Remus melted and needed hugs and kisses. "He's such a cutie..." Logan whispered again and gave Janus a kiss on the forehead. Remus smirked in response and placed his hand under Logan's shirt.

"You're such a cutie, you nerd." He whispered before kissing Logan and dragged him away. Logan's soft giggle escaped and he followed Remus enthusiastically for more kisses.

The couple eventually got into their bed again, kissing each other sloppily and giggling hoping that the kids couldn't hear them. Neither were sure when they got to sleep, but they woke up at 8am the next day with an excited Janus between them with the snake encyclopaedia again.