(82) I'm Your Paps Part 2 - Moceit

Summary: Patton has built a strong relationship with the two older men, Remy and Emile, he met at the park years ago. He's best friends with one of their sons and have met all the others - well, apart from one...

So I had my first 'days off' writing this summer yesterday and the day before so that's why there's been a gap between chapters XD

Words: 1307

Patton excitedly knocked on the door of his parent friends' house, the piece of paper he was holding shaking in his hand. This was maybe the best week his life - not only could he finally afford his top surgery but his darling son was on honour roll and had the best school report in the class. A freak out with Remy and Emile was in order.

The door opened to reveal one of Emile and Remy's kids - and Patton's best non-parent-related friend Virgil. The two were the same age yet completely different. Patton was a happy and proud father of an eight year old and Virgil was an up-and-coming musician with a mental health charity he started in college. But they enjoyed their differences. "You look happy Paps-Star." Virgil chuckled as he let Patton in. "Where's Jar-Jar Binks?"

"He's at school, are Emile and Remy home?" Virgil guided his friend to the living room where the two older men were cuddled together watching Steven Universe. Their dogs Steven and Connie were either side and luckily napping (Patton was used to getting trampled by them whenever he visited).

Emile smiled when he saw Patton walk in, immediately running up to him and giving him a hug. "Patton-cake - you came at just the right time to meet my oldest son!"

Remy and Emile had five adult sons that were all in and out the house at different times. The two eldest, Logan and Janus, lived together in the city; Virgil lived at home; and the youngest twins, Roman and Remus, were in their final years of college. Patton had met most of them at least once, minus Janus. He had seen plenty pictures of him growing up though as he was adopted at the same age Emile and Remy first met Jarah. He was a cute baby.

"Logan's moving in with his queer platonic partner and Janus agreed to give him the apartment - we raised such a generous boy!" Emile was chirping, Remy had already retrieved the baby photos for them as whenever Remy thought about his kids living away he went into an existential crisis. "I believe he's at work... How's Jarah?"

Patton happily chatted about his son's achievements as well as his own, Emile listening enthusiastically and feeling so proud he could finally get his top surgery (even though he had said for years that he wouldn't mind funding it). All was at it usually was until there was a knock on the door.

"Ay Harvey Dense, did you give that judge a punch?" Virgil's voice echoed throughout the house, laughing at his own joke/suggestion. Patton could see the front door from where he sat, where Virgil was smiling wide and facing an olive skinned man in yellow. One thing was for sure, he was hot - very attractive in fact. The exact quiet, sensible type Patton liked.

At the corner of his eye Patton could spot Remy smirk. Remy was a mind reader. "Hey Jan!" The man turned his head from his brother was a raised eyebrow so he could see Patton. His cheeks got slightly pinker and he looked away. "Come meet our parent friend."

Janus walked over slowly and seemingly nonchalantly, brushing a hand through his hair and looking away from Patton quite a lot. Some people had a style of looking careless and Patton was always jealous of that - Janus was the master of that look though.

The lawyer sat opposite Patton with a small smile and hands crossed over his lap, his head tilted as he glanced up at Patton softly. "Hey." He said simply - and Patton's heart was beating a thousand times more. "You're Patton right? Verge told me a lot about you. Shame he's such a lame introvert otherwise I could actually see my little bro loving something other than his Panic At The Disco playlist." The insult was said a little louder and Virgil could be heard spitting out a rebuttal from the kitchen. He giggled at that and rolled his eyes. "He didn't mention you were a father - how old's your kid?"

"He's almost eight." Patton smiled wide whenever he talked about his son, but he soon realised Janus' eyebrows were knitted and his smile was gone. That expression made Patton panic - was he the type of person to judge young parents? Would he judge Patton for being trans? "Is that O-"

"Hey V, did I ever tell you how old you are?" Janus laughed once Virgil walked into the room with his mouth full of noodles. "God, I cannot imagine my little bro being a Dad any time soon. He's still in his moody, emo thirteen year old stage."

"I know you only poke this many jokes at me when you're facing someone you find attractive Jan." Virgil said so simply the statement couldn't have possibly been a lie. And Janus' face also revealed the truth as he ducked his head and glanced down, his face red. Patton couldn't help but giggle. He hadn't had chance of romance since he was a teenager and now there seemed to be a model having crush on him (according to Virgil - but he was an honest person).

But was Patton entering the world of romance even a good idea? Jarah seemed happy with just one father even though a lot of his friends had two parents (usually a mother and father). When he first entered pre-school he used to ask a lot about why he didn't have another parent but now he didn't care. Having someone new added to the family, especially someone like Janus as he seemed quite stern faced, maybe such a man would scare him.

"Virgil's right, there's no need to beat the bush about it." Janus glanced at Patton in the way that made Patton a giggling mess again. "Are you busy this Friday - around 6pm? I'll love to take you to my friend's new restaurant downtown."

Patton was about to nod before he remembered he had a son that he couldn't leave for a date so late in the day. "Oh, I don't know about that. Jarah's bedtime is around 7:30pm."

"Bagsie babysitter." Virgil raised his hand and spoke through his mouth of noodles. He adored Jarah and often babysat when Patton was busy with work during the day. While evening-night babysitting was different Patton knew he could trust him and Jarah would love a late movie night with 'Uncle Emo'.

"So... It's a yes then?" Janus smiled wider once he said that question, and Patton had to nod and even sneak a kiss on the man's opposite him's lips. The older man finally stood straight at that with a slightly shocked expression and red cheeks like he just experienced a miracle.

Patton would have kissed Janus again but his phone vibrated - indicating Jarah needed to be picked up from school. "Oh! It's 3 already - I'll have to go. Shall I come here on Friday?"

Janus paused for a second, standing up to walk his new date to the door and escape his younger brother's 'oohs' and 'aahhs'. When he finally spoke again it was in a whisper. "Well, I'll pick you up actually. Text me your address." Janus got a piece of paper out of his pocket - some sort of business card it seemed. "Don't worry, I don't have a business number or anything. But I'd love to meet Jarah on Friday."

And meet Jarah he did. Jarah was shy at first of course but eventually wanted to show Janus his favourite books and games. They went to the restaurant but only to get takeaway as Janus wanted to play with Jarah some more and show him the snake documentary the older man was rewatching on Netflix for the tenth time.