(148) Small Vacation Apartment - Demus

Summary: Ever since their first holiday together Janus and Remus have rented the exact same apartment whenever they needed to have a break from everyday life. Even though they don't see the apartment everyday the apartment sees them grow from boyfriends, to husbands, to fathers.

Words: 1158

"Wow - how did you score this place?" Remus walked around the small balcony apartment in absolute amazement, looking back at his boyfriend every so often. Janus was placing both suitcases beside the door, then quietly walking to the French doors to let some air in. 

Inside Janus was almost shaking with his nerves. This was a pretty big step - he was going on his first ever holiday with his boyfriend of one and a half years. Remus had assured him there was no need to worry but there always was. Even though Remus was a little chaotic he was always nice - and Janus never felt comfortable enough to rent an apartment with a partner before. Previous holidays were either taken alone or they just happened to book separate places at the same resort.

But the resort was good, not too expensive but still absolutely beautiful. The balcony was on the second floor, and only big enough for two deck chairs either side, but it looked down onto the resort's pool and restaurant that was already busy with many sunbathing parents, young children, and old couples. "This is our view?" Remus almost shouted as he walked out to the balcony, immediately looping his arm around Janus' arm and kissing his cheek. "Is that the beach beside the horizon?" The man pointed in the distance at the hardly visible white horses of the sea. "Should we go there tomorrow?"

"Sure ratman." Janus' hand grabbed onto Remus' softly, his thumb going over his knuckles as he watched the amazement in his boyfriend's eyes. It was amazing he was comfortable enough to actually share a bed with a partner now - Remus was a miracle in disguise. 

"Everything alright honey-bee?" Remus met Janus' eyes with a sympathetic look, kissing his cheek again and swinging his hand slightly. "You have that scared look on your face."

Janus gulped and looked out to the beautiful view again, his mind imagining all the failures that could happen if Janus stepped out of line at any time. He didn't want to lose his boyfriend - especially on such a beautiful and peaceful holiday. "Promise if I fuck up you won't hate me?" He mumbled, kissing Remus' forehead in return when he laughed.

"Of course I won't Jan." Remus assured, before being distracted by a pigeon landing on the balcony gate in front of them. The conversation was paused as Remus spoke to the pigeon like it was a toddler. But when the bird flew away the boyfriend immediately finished what he was saying. "I'm excited to begin this holiday with you, and I hope you feel the same, right?"

It felt like the right moment for Janus to bring Remus into a soft lip kiss, so he did. Remus kissed back and let his normal charismatic smirk escape. "I'm definitely excited to share a bed with you."

*****

A couple of years later the front door swung open again with a grinning Remus behind it. "Back home we are!" Even though they had just left the home they lived in together, both Janus and Remus viewed this small apartment as a home away from home since they'd been living in it every summer for the last three years. 

"Should we unpack the suitcase now or should we get some dinner downstairs first?" Janus chirped as he placed his yellow suitcase beside the green one that Remus carried up. But Remus seemed to have no desire to unpack his suitcase and was instead taking off his shirt, brushing a hand through his hair and grabbing a towel and sunscreen. By now Janus knew what that meant. "You really want to swim in the pool after our flight?"

"I need to get out and do things!" Remus cheered and trapped Janus into a kiss immediately, catching him from falling against the wall by hugging his hands around his shoulders. With blushing cheeks Janus took the opportunity to occupy Remus' ever-talking lips. But Remus kept on chatting. "Are you going to take me to that Spanish restaurant again? You know I love it!"

Remus adored the small Spanish restaurant the pair found on their first journey outside the resort. It was a ten minute walk from the beach, and seemed accepting of two loving men being there and they had delicious food. When Janus looked into Remus' glowing brown eyes he smiled softly, stroking Remus' cheek and holding him close. He was so excited for this holiday with his boyfriend - more than he was in previous times. He was just so in love with Remus.

"We definitely will, beauty. Shall we order that paella again?" Remus nodded and kissed Janus yet again, more gentle this time. Maybe the swimming pool wasn't on the top of his priority list right now. Remus' hands were tracing Janus' waist and hips in silence, although slower so that Janus could step away if wanted. But Janus didn't want to step away - it was their holiday after all so he had a right to spoil himself a little bit...

While the two boyfriends kissed - Janus hoped that Remus did not realise the ring-box shaped lump in his hoodie pocket.

*****

Janus took a deep breath as he stood outside the resort, a little nervous as this time Remus and Janus had to get keys to a new apartment. Their apartment was still free to take - but it wasn't sensible to have such a small place now. They had someone else with them.

"Can you hear the waves B-B?" Remus cooed in a whisper as Janus spoke to the apartment front desk, sat on a nearby sofa and cradling a very tired infant in his arms. The baby, Beau, was only mumbling a little but finally catching up on some sleep after screaming the plane down on the way to their holiday destination. It was the first holiday they were all going on as a family so of course it had to be the resort that meant so much to the new fathers. "Let's take you to the beach tomorrow yeah? Oh, you can wear that cute green sunhat Daddy got you!"

"Let them sleep sweetie." Janus appeared in front of Remus again, his voice low and raspy after the sleepless nights that he and his husband had undergone the last few months. Beau screamed a little bit before flailing the arm closet to Janus around - signifying they'd had enough of Remus' arms. "OK, OK, I hear you little beauty. Can you take the keys Re?"

Remus kissed Janus' cheek and enjoyed having non-weighted arms, as well as loving the view of his amazing husband with a sleepy baby. "Are you excited to see your new second home Boa-Beau?" He cooed, blowing a raspberry into Beau's cheek and adjusting their pastel pink overalls. Beau laughed in return and cooed a mimic back.

"I sure hope they are."