(187) When Dad Met Dad - Intrulogical

Summary: Logan's dragged by his son to get frozen yoghurt after classes, but he doesn't expect his son's best friend to have such a hot single father.

Words: 1099

Logan's mind was whizzing at a million miles an hour about a million different things. He was planning his family's dinners - if he made fish tonight he couldn't make prawn salad on Sunday but if he made chicken he would have to place those chicken nuggets in the freezer before their go out of date. On top of that he had to edit his lesson plans for tenth grade World History since there was a fire drill right as he was teaching the most difficult concept known to man. And he was also driving at the moment with his most precious cargo in the back chattering on about recess.

"Oh, oh, oh, and Virgil apparently gets frozen yoghurt after school on Fridays - so can we go to the fro-yo place tomorrow Dad?" Patton was stuffed into his fluffy blue car seat and watching his dad, gripping his latest amazing report card in his hands. He deserved a little treat for being so smart, but there was just so much in Logan's brain at the moment.

"I think I need to work tomorrow evening kiddo." Logan called back, only receiving a frown by his son as he looked down at his report card. He looked so sad - he never deserved to be sad. "But I'll think about it." Patton's face became a bright and happy sun, and Logan couldn't help but smile back.

*****

So of course Logan found himself entering the local fro-yo cafe after school, a jumping and happy elementary schooler around his feet. He waved at a few students that recognised him and watched his son confidently ask for a 'unicorn explosion' frozen yoghurt - counting out the dollars once he was told the price. Patton was such a big boy now.

Remus was sat at a table near the back of his favourite building in the entire city. He used to go to the fro-yo cafe as a high schooler, then it became the one place he could write essays in college, and now it was the place he spoilt his son at least twice a week. But right now Virgil didn't feel like ordering, and didn't want to decide what to eat yet, so the pair were sat and doing colouring activities together.

The father's head rose when he saw an attractive young man with a child circling around his feet, he fixed his glasses and his tie and turned around to the front counter. And he had a beautiful figure as he turned around. "Daddy, why you looking at Patton's Dad like that?" Virgil chirped, knowing his father's taste and giggling when Remus' face went red.

"Oh, that's Patton's Dad? He looks... nice." It was hard not to give more descriptive comments when he saw the man in front of him, he couldn't take his eyes off him as he bit his bottom lip. Virgil jumped out his chair and ran towards his school friend - and soon excited babbling filled the whole cafe as the man took his order and made sure his son counted the dollars right.

Logan turned once he got both frozen yoghurts, and his eyes widened in shock. Patton had run up to who could only be assumed to be his school-friend, and beside said school-friend was a man that fit exactly Logan's type. Yes, Logan adored the bad-boy aesthetic, that's what got him a lot of trouble but it also gave him Patton. He couldn't help what he liked. But this guy seemed different - he seemed clean even though his clothes were fashionably ripped, he was smiling at his little boy and doing colouring with him, and his most prominent tattoo was the word 'Virgil' in a purple and green font, along with a storm cloud tattoo on his neck. The bad-boy look only seemed to be a look rather than a personality.

And that was when the nerd realised this new man was staring at him. Act normal Logan, act normal. "Oh, I'm sorry, you must be Virgil's parent?" Logan sat the other side of the table from the man, swallowing almost the entire fro-yo to hide his dry mouth and bringing out a hand to shake. After a few seconds of hesitation the man took it with a soft smile.

"Remus, pleased to meet ya." And that was it for Logan's brain. It was no longer working when Remus grabbed his hand firmly and he gave a smirk. They were basically holding hands at this point and all Logan could think about was Remus. Remus was a beautiful name.

"You have a beautiful name..." Shit, he verbalised his thoughts. Why would he do that? He didn't even know if this man wasn't straight!

Remus' gaydar was blaring with bright lights as he saw the other man's face fluster at the contact. A million of things could happen right now if they didn't have elementary school accompaniments. But the good thing about young kids - they never kept secrets about their parents. 

"Hey, kiddo?" Remus turned to the little boy sharing the attractive man's blue eyes and glasses, enjoying some unicorn vomit and helping Virgil with his colouring book. "Is this guy your only parent? Or do you have another one?"

"I only have that one, and he's the best!" Remus smiled at Patton and then gave Logan a wink. Straight guys don't wink at other guys, right? So Logan was being an embarrassing simp over a non-straight guy! That in itself was an achievement but also was the fact that they had not let go of each other's hands yet - they were just holding each other's hand like a normal couple! 

Patton let out an unholy gasp as he realised what was going on. "Have you guys fallen in love? We'll be brothers Virgil!"

Logan's face was bright red as he tried to chuckle his son's excitement away, even though he was freaking out on the inside too. This was all so sudden but Logan didn't mind one bit that this was happening. Having this hand and eye contact made Logan forget all the stresses about work and single parenthood. All he really wanted was Remus.

"I think maybe we can discuss falling in love, by taking our kids to the play park after we've had fro-yo? How does that sound?" That sounded amazing in Logan's mind, but his brain was short-circuiting so it was taking a while for him to formulate an answer.

And the answer he created definitely wasn't the most articulate he had ever made. "Yes, I'm Logan."