(89) Prince and Pirate - Logince

Summary: Roman is the heir to an ancient throne who developed an illicit love for a commoner peasant, Logan. The King finds out and orders Logan to banishment - but he will return to his love.

... I got this idea from a song on TikTok - I think it's an original by thedxddychannel and was posted of the 29th of August.

Words: 2429

"A Prince should not fall in love with a commoner and a thief." The King proclaimed, sitting opposite his two sons. Why did Roman's father have to find out? He thought it was all hidden - he only went to see his lover at night and even did the stereotypical climbing from the tower window yet he still spotted him! "And I can't believe such a fool has been made out of my eldest son! You're running the country for heaven's sake this behaviour is unacceptable."

"Can't Remus take the throne?" Roman growled and glared at his younger brother who was trying to catch olives in his mouth. The King just raised an eyebrow at his youngest son's behaviour and just sighed - the answer was already clear, from birth Roman had been programmed to be the king. Remus was just an unlikely plan B.

The King stood slowly, maids ran around him like a swarm of bees to collect his dirty plate. "The banishment is tomorrow."

Roman's heart broke even more hearing that. The idea he would never see his soulmate again hurt enough but for that soulmate to be banished was soul-crushing. Banishment was very rare in Roman's kingdom - only reserved for those who tried to kill the ruler - but this time seemed to be an exception. His one lover was going to be sailed away to the pirates that found their resources at sea. They were rough and loud and violent... Logan would definitely die there.

"Don't cry Roman." The softer voice of Remus echoed from across the table, and his hand touched Roman's arm. But tears were already falling from the young prince's face, he knew to be quiet before his father would hear and request a more severe punishment than seeing his one-and-only be sailed away... If there was any. "This is a shit situation but once you're king you make the rules. And you have my blessing to marry anyone you want."

It was too late. Roman had found his forever and had lost him just as quickly. Knowing how these things went in other kingdoms once Roman reigns he'd be proposed to marry a young princess to create a peace treaty and he'd have to create beings that would suffer the same torment he was going through now. There was no room for love in royalty.

*****

The next morning, early in the morning, Roman walked around the royal prison basement with a lit lamp in one hand and a wad of coins in the other to turn away any patrolling guard. The prison was usually empty, it was meant to be filled with the worst of the worst treasonists and murderers, but this time the only person held there was Roman's lover.

His mind was transported back to his thirteen year old self, walking around the palace gardens late at night. He had no reason why - but his mind realised a reason as soon as he saw a boy his age in front of him. He was too skinny for good health but enough to be living, dark features but glowing black eyes and wide glasses. And he was stealing a decorating silver vase. Inside Roman knew he should inform his father of the burglary but he was rendered to silence watching this new, mysterious person's behaviour. 

The boy flinched when they finally met eyes and Roman instinctively ducked his head. "Prince?" That was the first word he said - and he still couldn't get enough of that word four years later. Roman nodded shyly - he could see the boy distinctively even though there was no nearby lighting. After a minute of silence, the boy examining the prince, he resumed trying to fit the decorative vases into his satchel. "You won't tell anyone?"

Although that question was said more like a command Roman nodded anyway - his eyes were still transfixed on the person in front of him. "Good." The boy said, eventually fitting in all he could and nonchalantly walking over like he was a model. "Which one are you?"