(37) Punkin' It - Logan

Summary: Logan wasn't the perfect goody-two-shoes people expected him to be - or rather wanted him to be. He had long dyed hair, tattoos, and smoked to cope with his troubles. On a trip to the hospital after some unfortunate events Logan finds a lifesaver, and that lifesaver just so happened to be dressed in a unicorn onesie.

Punk Logan is the best non-canon Logan and I did create an entire chapter based on that idea :) - This is also an aro-ace parent but probably not the best example of an aro-ace person XD

TW - Homophobia (only slight), mentions of smoking cigarettes, child abandonment and abuse, cancer, and mention of previous suicidal thoughts (big bad chapter for an edgy nerd boy).

Words: 1699

Logan took a deep sigh as he walked outside to the smoking area, leaning against the glass walls and taking out a cigarette. Of course he had to be the one to go to hospital with his mother, and of course he had to endure the diagnosis. "It's terminal." The doctor's voice echoed in Logan's mind again as he blew some smoke in the wind and watched it gather into a grey cloud. "Please just give me a grandchild before I go."

His mother just didn't understand. Logan was a lost 22 year old struggling with life, and his mother was always on his back with getting his life together and sticking his penis into something to make a whole new dependent human being. His siblings were so much more successful: one was in med school, another studying a PhD in philosophy, and the oldest did charity work in Uganda for some education charity. All his siblings had long term relationships or were married or had children on the way - and were all in straight relationships. Logan was just the lost punk that only just scraped past high school, and didn't have any love life. He didn't want a love life particularly, he mostly described himself as aro-ace.

Logan stared in front of him with a determined glare - determined to not go back inside and face his mother's talks again. He focused on his smoke and his cigarette, nothing else until he felt a tug on his denim jacket. "Excuse me sir can you help me?" A small being chirped and looked up at Logan, a boy dressed in only a unicorn onesie. Logan didn't respond, instead looked around to see if he'd be saved from conversing but the little boy talked anyway. "Mommy said I need to find a nice person and stay with them."

"Where's your Mom then kid?"

The boy looked around curiously and towards a particular direction in the car park the pair were facing. He then chirped up again. "She went out. Said to find someone nice to talk to and tell them she's going to the shops."

Logan grumbled as he reached the end of his cigarette, throwing it in the nearby trash can expecting the child to be distracted by someone else and run off, but the boy followed. Why would someone trust him of all people with a child while they did grocery shopping? "What's your name? I'm Odion!"

"I'm Logan." Logan sighed, deciding to sit on a bench instead of smoking a second cigarette. He felt awkward smoking around a kid. Odion joined sitting on the bench and waved his legs back and forth with a smile. People passed the odd pair but didn't seem to pay any attention, maybe just thinking the older brother had to entertain the younger one. "How old are you kid?"

"I'm six! Why are you in the hospital?" Kids seemed to have no filter. But to be fair they probably thought hospitals were only for when people broke their leg or needed shots for a school trip - they were naive to all the other problems in life. Logan wished he could be that naive.

"My Mom's sick." Logan managed to utter out, feeling some sort of emotion he didn't like and quickly grabbing for a cigarette again. If this kid was going to make him emotional he wasn't going to care about being a bad influence. "She's... very sick. Don't ask about it anymore." Logan's last growl silenced Odion, and he looked up at the sky watching the clouds. Logan just continued to smoke.