(49) Secrets - Analogical

Summary: Virgil and Logan both work at the same high school, and after their marriage they adopted a child together but didn't tell their coworkers or students. No-one suspects anything, but together they wonder whether they should let their secret go.

They/them child again boi XD

Words: 1561

Logan Master would never forget his first kiss with the guidance counsellor Virgil Burza. In a dark classroom - late in the evening - the only other thing he cared about was how the book he was reading dropped on the floor. He could never forget how it felt having Virgil's hand through his hair, as he tugged on Virgil's stray strands.

When Virgil first met the nerdy English Literature teacher he didn't believe he was the one to begin the LGBTQ alliance. He was just so attractive and intelligent - he must have had a wife and kids at home but before he met Virgil he was single and hopelessly gay. One thing led to another and under secrecy they shared their first kiss (and a lot more, though not on school grounds). It took two years for the pair to tie the knot also in secrecy, and adopt a middle schooler less than a year later without telling a soul.

"Wait, wait, wait - Dad's my teacher!" Zenn sipped their drink with a wide smile looking at their father's more embarrassed face. Even Virgil was giggling at Logan's raised eyebrow, a sound he could never get enough of especially when his hand lay on his leg. 

"You're free to ask for a change if you want, you'll just have to arrange a meeting with Mr Burza." Logan smiled again, smirking at his husband slightly. The whole 'hiding your sexuality and marital status and whether or not you have a kid' was highly inconvenient - but it was worth it. It wasn't like it wasn't safe to come out, the school was a lot more open than when he started teaching there. He just liked having no questions about it - it was all private. And if he said he didn't enjoy the adrenaline every time he snuck a kiss in the direction of his husband he would be lying.

"No, I want to have Dad as a teacher." Zenn giggled then ran upstairs to decide what they were going to wear for their first day of high school, leaving their dirty plate on the table opposite the two men. Virgil smiled at Logan and stroked his cheek - he'd miss being able to do things like that without worrying about being found. He would miss holding Logan close and smelling his blueberry scented hair, feeling the stubble on his cheek and listening to him rattle on about the latest book he read or was teaching. He could still listen to him of course - he just felt like whenever he did in public he was tied back with rope.

So without much thought he acted on the urges he had in that moment - kissing Logan's cheek, then his forehead, then the tip of his button nose, then his pretty pink lips. Logan seemed receptive of all these kisses, kissing back just as easily once lips reached lips. All he focused on was the beautiful man in front of him as his hands wondered wherever they could go. "I'm definitely going to avoid your office this year." Logan whispered between kisses, a hand in Virgil's hair. "I can't believe I'm going to have to hide my kid in plain sight too."

"Our kid Logan." Virgil whispered back, his face only a few centimetres away, sitting on his husband's lap with his legs around his hips and hands caressing his lover's jawline. They were way too focused on each other's soft whispers that they didn't realise their teenager had bound down the stairs until they coughed loudly.

"Cough - get a room - cough." Zenn shouted, not really coughing. They held three t-shirts in their hands and held them up for their fathers to inspect. One was a red and orange hoodie, the other a black and purple flannel button-up t-shirt and the last a grey tank top that was apparently made of the softest material on earth. "Which one?"

Logan glanced at each of the shirts as Virgil climbed off him. He was always the fashionista of the family, insisted on things matching all the time and always looked professional. Virgil tried to also inspect the clothes but was distracted again by Logan - he was so hot when focused. "Dad - you can do stuff with your husband tonight. I can see it in your eyes."

Even Logan giggled at that, squeezing his husband's hand and talking slowly through the options. "The grey will keep you comfy, and you have matching sweatpants - but it might go against dress code. It's a faux pas to do that on the first day. It's August and the red and orange hoodie is thick - so I won't recommend wearing just that without a thinner layer. The black and purple seems nice and sensible but it's slightly sheer so people might see your binder... Are you alright with that?"

"I'll try it on and see." Zenn nodded and ran upstairs, presumably to their room to decide what of their many items of clothing would match that they owned. Logan was still squeezing his husband's hand, gazing fondly at the steps. He loved being a Dad - the couple talked about adopting quite a few kids to give them the love they deserved but they soon realised Zenn was all they needed. At least for now, although now all their teacher friends were having babies too and Logan's eyes widened and glowed whenever he saw a little baby face.

They knew they couldn't provide the most perfect family to kids at the moment though. It was fine for Zenn as they were a pre-teen when first adopted so could comprehend two adults hiding a relationship - but they were scared of adopting any other young kids and accidentally teaching them non-straight relationships should be hidden and not talked about.

Now that he thought about it Virgil wouldn't mind kissing Logan's cheek as they passed each other in the corridor, or holding his hand when they were placed on canteen duty together instead of just giving each other longing stares and counting down the hours until they could reunite again. It's not like the kids hadn't caught on - they were very smart - they just didn't know the extent. He would love to show his coworkers his wedding ring, and Logan could show off the engagement ring that he had to stash in his desk since their library proposal hours away from home. They could finally show their love.

"What are you thinking about Starlight?" Logan murmured, his fingers trapping Virgil's curls and pulling at them. Virgil adored the nicknames the nerd gave his lover, the first time a nickname escaped his lips Virgil would have jumped on the English teacher if they weren't mid rounding up freshmen on a school trip.

"I'm just thinking... about us." Logan tilted his head cutely, making it almost impossible to not kiss his cheek again. He didn't know how he was going to cope not being able to hold his husband close like he was now. "I think I'm ready for everyone to know about us."

Logan's wide smile made Virgil blush. His eyes sparkled as the English teacher reached for Virgil's ring finger and twisted the ring. The silence wasn't unusual for them, they loved quiet moments like this. They were undisturbed until they heard their kid loudly cough yet again. "Excuse me! I'd like to get to school before lunch break." Zenn smirked and rolled their eyes, a black backpack over their back. "I swear you two are more touchy than middle schoolers."

"We'll cut it back, promise." Virgil climbed off Logan and got his shoes on. Logan was still smiling wide and watching him with mild interest. The family soon made their way to the school - and Zenn climbed out of the car ready for their first day - probably expecting their fathers to disappear around the corner and emerge separately from separate areas.

They didn't do that though. They got out together, holding hands, Logan giving Virgil a kiss on the cheek. Students and staff stared and questioned, then realised the wedding rings and the new teen walking beside them and became excited. There were lots of questions to answer - but they were questions the pair were ready and excited to answer. They couldn't wait to be out and proud about their relationship and family, and maybe expand it now they were confident to.

It was different to have the door open when Virgil was with his husband on school grounds. He was in the same classroom they had their first kiss, his head on the teacher's shoulder as the school slowly got darker - but they could have the light on. And they were waiting for their child to finish dance practice and want to be driven home - the couple didn't have to hide and say to their coworkers they were doing something else and totally not doing anything together. Now Logan could rest his hand on his partner's leg as he read, the soft tapping causing Virgil to smile, and humming their only form of communication. 

"I'm in love with you, Logan Burza." Virgil whispered the name he wanted to say to others for a while now. He hated having to call his lover Mr Master.

"I'm in love with you too, Starlight."