(21) Well, Hello There - Remile

Summary: Remy sends his young son to a new daycare after moving to a new city, expecting to just be a single father with a proud young boy. Little did he know the daycare worker was an adorable personification of candy floss.

TW - Remy is a very smuty flirter. I'm so sorry.

Words: 1213

"If we don't find this daycare I will stop at another Starbucks." Remy threatened the air as he drove his car around the new city he'd moved to, his son Kaldi in the backseat playing with the buttons of his shirt. Yes, Remy named his son after the man who invented coffee and he was proud of it - it was a cute name. "Hey Kal?" Remy called to his son, who looked up from a button to smile at his father. "Tell me if you see a place labelled Universe Daycare got it buddy?"

Kaldi nodded and looked out the window, holding the teddy he took everywhere that Remy gave him when he adopted him. Well, technically his other father did. Remy and his then-fiance adopted a little boy when they decided to get married expecting a picture perfect life... But then Remy's lover died tragically leaving Remy alone with a newly adopted baby. Kaldi didn't remember his other father much because of this - but his other father had one dying wish. Raise Kaldi happily, with all the love and all the opportunities Remy could provide.

This promise included this new daycare. Remy had worked for years to move to this particular city, which involved moving state, purely for this famous daycare that gave the best care possible. It was a miracle Remy even managed to get his son in, he pretty much had to write an essay on why his son should be given such an opportunity - but it would set Kaldi for life, or at least until elementary school. The daycare was run by a Harvard graduate named Dr Picani who used well researched techniques that proved to help children be happier and smarter. All in all, this was a great opportunity for his son.

"Da!" Kaldi screamed, pointing at a cottage looking building that stood out against the grey and drab city - just outside was a sign saying 'Universe Daycare' covered in rainbows and cartoon characters. Remy parked his car and got Kaldi out the car, giving him a kiss on the cheek and walking towards the door.

"Well, hello there!" The door opened just as Remy was about to knock, opened by a taller man with dyed pink hair wearing a matching pink tie and beige suit. The man almost immediately looked down at the little toddler next to Remy with a wide smile. "Hi buddy, you want to come play? We're just about to learn to draw!" Emile guided Kaldi into the house, where at least a dozen kids were sat around the table with art supplies you'd expect in an art school not a daycare. Remy was unsure whether he was meant to walk away or stay but that was soon remedied by the man walking back. "Do you want to sit and have coffee Mr Bucks? We can discuss how I can best help you!"

Remy nodded shyly and followed the man into his house, walking upstairs and into a room with many toys and cartoon posters covering the walls. The man ushered Remy to sit on a sofa while sitting opposite him. "Welcome to my office." He mumbled, getting a notepad and scribbling already.

"I love it..." Remy mumbled under his breath. He secretly loved cartoons despite his tough exterior, so being surrounded by merchandise from every anime and cartoon in existence was really activating his inner fanboy. "You watch Steven Universe?" Remy smiled, his eyes stuck on a limited edition Steven Universe poster Remy was too poor to get at the time.

"I'm obsessed with it... I'm Dr Picani by the way." Picani reached out a hand, holding the notepad to his chest so his tie wouldn't dangle. "Call me Emile though, we can get a little informal when I'm taking care of your cutie!"

Emile's giggle caused Remy to smile, and his inner flirt begged to come out. Emile was the cutie - and Remy wouldn't mind falling in love again. "I think I have the cutie in front of me right here." Remy leaned forward, his voice as low and sensual as he could make it. There was no mistaking Emile's slight blush at that, just like there was no mistaking Emile's rainbow pin on his blazer. "Call me Remy."

"Alright... Remy..." Emile giggled shyly, writing down on the notepad again. "How has life been? Is it just you and Kaldi?"

"Yeah... I've been single for three years. Maybe you can change that?" Remy leant forward again and crossed his legs, the smirk not leaving his face. He was effortlessly switching between his normal voice and a lower, more rough and sexier voice that he'd trained himself to make in order to make most gay guys swoon. He was a professional at making people swoon after all, with many years of practice.

"Maybe I can, but let's stay professional. Is Kaldi updated on all his vaccinations?" Emile's smirk was simply captivating, and he seemed receptive of Remy's attempts to 'get to know' him.

"Mhm, I'm happy to have anything injected in my son for his medical safety. Maybe I can fill you up on your sexual desires?" Remy dared to lean forward again and finally took his sunglasses off. He wore them everywhere, and only removed them in cases like these where he wanted to see every reaction.

Emile became red quite quickly and stood to walk away and take a breath, trying to distract himself by grabbing a few more colourful highlighters and giving Remy a million dollar smile. Remy smirked back, chuckling and keeping his eyes flicking between Emile's eyes and lips. "Let me be not-straight with you. You're real cute, you single?"

"I am..." Emile said sheepishly, sitting on the chair again and this time abandoning opening his notepad. "But I'm focusing on my research, you won't want to date me. The kids I take care of is my biggest priority."

The blush was still there though. Honestly, Emile had never been flirted with before. In high school he was the only LGBTQ+ student, in college he focused mostly on his undergrad and post-grad he was only surrounded by children and mostly-not-single parents. But here was a dark haired, dark clothed gay man who was openly interested - and definitely attractive. Part of Emile's brain was begging him to relax and take a chance.

"Can I at least take you out for coffee? It'll be on me, after your work." Remy tried one last time, if he didn't agree he'd take a step back and assume the daycare worker didn't find him attractive. He knew how important consent was in flirting.

"That... Actually sounds quite good!" Emile cheered enthusiastically, deciding to dare himself for a date. "Does 7pm sound good? Or is that too late?" Remy shook his head, happy to have coffee at anytime especially with such an attractive guy. Emile had to giggle at that, and continued to ask the questions he needed to ask about Kaldi. When he showed Remy the exit Emile dared to give the man opposite him a kiss on the cheek - and received a kiss on the lips in return.

And let's just say Emile never regretted anything that happened afterwards, and Kaldi loved having another father.