(104) The Picture on the Fridge - Analogical

Summary: Virgil and Logan have friends come for a visit (the same friends that set them up) but they have some secret news they haven't shared. Well, until now.

This is kind of a prequel to 'Working' but it's not a necessity to read that one.

Words: 1732

Virgil adored having days off - and he didn't often as a massage therapist. He and his husband were quite quiet and introverted people so often kept to different rooms unless they wanted to cuddle. Logan was reading in the bedroom while Virgil was in the living room watching Netflix and surfing the web on his phone. This may be the third time today he had searched baby onesies and it was only noon. He couldn't help it - he just couldn't believe he will be a father.

The couple's surrogate had just reached 20 weeks and three days ago Virgil and Logan were invited to the second trimester scan. They got to see their baby for the first time and they found out he would be born a boy. Since Logan knew he was having a baby he had been creating a mind-map of baby names in the study and after lots of discussion the two of them had finally landed on the name Toby. It just suited their new little life so well. Anyway, because the two men were so excited to be welcoming Toby they may have gone overboard with preparations. In just the living room there were already a few toys scattered on the ground and a playmat on the floor, and Logan had even bought a bassinet that followed the living room colour scheme since it was on sale and that contraption sat right next to the TV. And Virgil couldn't stop staring at it in disbelief.

"It's too quiet in here." Logan appeared behind Virgil and spoke softly, also looking at the simple black bassinet. Unlike normal parents both Logan and Virgil were excited to hear their baby's cries and coos when it was finally time for them to become a small family. 

Logan sat next to his husband and leant into him, also looking at his phone and smiling to himself. The two scrolled on their respective screens in silence until Logan's phone beeped an ASAP-Science song - indicating he received a text. "Wait... Shit." He said, sitting up slightly but still making sure Virgil's arm was around him. "I forgot Patton and Roman are coming to visit in 20 minutes."

Of course this was the first time Logan wasn't strict on his daily schedule. Patton and Roman were Logan's coworkers and great friends of the couple - they were the one to set them up actually when they finally managed to drag high strung Logan to a spa to destress. They were thankful the two friends were so extroverted but at the same time they could only handle a visit once a week. But because they were so loud, especially at exciting news, the two husbands had yet to tell them that they were going to be fathers - they didn't even know Virgil and Logan were thinking about it. All they knew was that Logan and Virgil were a newly married couple that loved each other so much.

So almost immediately the pair knew they had to clean all the baby things around the house. Like dogs Roman and Patton would escape anywhere in the house so nowhere was safe. The search history was cleared on all devices (including the TV where they often put baby shows in the background to get used to the noise), the toys were stashed in any drawer they could find and the drawers were locked... And lastly they looked back at the bassinet.

"Mmm... I don't feel like unscrewing all that again..." Logan whispered, bringing his arms around his husband's waist and examining any place in the room they could place the small box. "We might have to improvise something..."

It was silent for a few seconds as Virgil leant his head into his husband's chest, imagining the bassinet in different areas to see how it could be hidden. The bassinet had a square bottom, slightly raised for ease of the parents, but apart from that the bottom was flat. So it could be turned around. "How much weight can it withstand?"