(48) Family Holiday Part 2 - Moceit

Summary: After sharing a bed for a night, the kids entertained and with the help of some alcohol Patton begins to have some... other thoughts. While both seemed receptive all the way that doesn't mean it doesn't need talking about. And talking after that is difficult.

TW - Mention of biphobia, drunk sex/flirting (this isn't smut though), hangovers.

Words: 1200

The next morning Janus and Patton were sitting beside the resort's pool with a cocktail each, Roman and Logan entertained a distance from them by the hotel's kids' club. They were playing water volleyball - Roman swimming across the net so he could play on both teams against the leaders' request and Logan sitting at the side keeping an eye on points. Patton and Janus watched them, but Patton could spot the fondness in his friend's eye looking at the kids that were no way his but he treated them like such. Patton felt unbelievably lucky he found someone platonically who gave his boys unconditional love.

The cocktail refills kept coming as Janus and Patton talked, the topic of conversation was Patton's ex - a normal topic when the kids weren't around. "I just want a partner that accepts that I'm bisexual, that seems too much to ask. She tried to convince me I was straight and just 'confused' just because I married her instead of a guy." Patton complained as he sipped, his eyes firmly on Janus as a not so sober thought came into his head. "She still calls me even though it's been almost 2 years asking if I have a girlfriend. I kind of want to fuck a guy just to show her I like guys."

Janus nonchalantly looked around in his not so sober thoughts then leant in, taking a sip of his cocktail for a bit of courage. "I have the parts, protection and a double bed - you up for it?" Janus' green eyes glowed a little at the suggestion, a small smirk on his face that Patton wanted to bring closer. Since when did Patton's childhood friend become so irresistible?

Patton burst into a blush and shook his head, but with another sip of his blueberry cocktail he reconsidered. "You think you can show me a good time?" He giggled, his words slightly slurred but so was Janus'. They didn't care, they had one thing on their mind - each other. Before Janus responded his lips clashed against Patton's, and he dragged Patton away to show him what a good time is.

*****

Patton woke up in the double bed when it was dark outside - the clock showed 6:30pm. But he couldn't acknowledge much else, he had a blasting headache he hadn't had since he was out partying in his 20s and his lower half hurt like hell for a reason he couldn't remember.

Then he remembered.

He tried sitting up quickly before he felt his head explode and he crashed face first into the pillow again. He groaned and looked to the side - Janus' side on the bed was empty. He must have hated doing that. "Fuck... I fucked it up, literally." Patton didn't swear much but this reason was worth it. He could hear the faint noise of Dora the Explorer from the hotel living room, Roman screaming random Spanish words like he usually did. How could he sleep so long - he was a father - he shouldn't have abandoned his kids because of stupid drunk decisions.

The door opened and closed again, and footsteps came closer. "I got you water to drink." It was Janus, quiet and his voice emotionless. Would this lead to a friendship break up? Patton wouldn't be able to manage being kicked to the curb again with two toddlers to his name and nothing else.

He saw the glass hit the bedside table with a chime out of the corner of his eye and tried to turn, but experienced a short pain when he sat up. Janus couldn't help but let a laugh go, but quickly stopped and looked down again. "I... I'm sorry for taking advantage of you like that. I can get another hotel room if you want a bit of a break from me after this, we can just act like nothing happened if you want to. I'm just so sorry."

"It's fine..." Patton managed to mumble out, smiling a little at the memory of his and Janus' intimate moment. Nothing else mattered then but each other, and even though they were both drunk they still cared about making each other feel comfortable and satisfied with what was going on. He certainly didn't regret it. Janus, on the other hand, looked like he did. He then remembered that Dora the Explorer was on the TV. "Did you give Logan his Spanish notebook?" Janus nodded, sitting down the end of the bed and watching Patton drink.

Janus laughed - whether at Patton or the nerdy toddler's behaviour didn't matter. Both Roman and Logan loved Dora the Explorer, Roman because he could run around and go on Spanish adventures and Logan because he could write down any new words he learnt on the program. Most episodes had the same words but that didn't effect the fact he needed to write each word down every time. "I told them you're working on a secret project so can't be disturbed, I asked for room service to get food so you don't have to get out of bed. You have all the time you need to process everything, I'll sleep on the sofa tonight."

"Do you regret it?" Patton asked as clearly and loudly as he could manage, making Janus pause in place. He watched the person opposite him for a second as if trying to compute something, then shook his head.

"Honestly? No. You're... good. And I - fuck, how is this harder than what we just did? I... I've kind of had a crush on you since high school." Janus' cheeks were pink as he said those words, and Patton's were heating up too. Patton began dating his ex in high school, another insecurity of his as that meant he only ever dated girls despite his sexuality - but he never turned an eye towards Janus in that way. Now, it was different. "This doesn't change how I view you of course. I still think you'd be an amazing boyfriend even if we never do... that... again."

Patton giggled, patting the place on the bed beside him and winking. Janus quickly sat beside him like a child meeting Santa. He leaned in for a cuddle and smiled, still sipping his water but enjoying the feeling of his head tilting at the speed of Janus' breaths. "Do you want to try dating? We'll take it slow and won't tell the kids until you're ready."

Janus sighed and smiled, bringing a hand through Patton's dirty blond hair. "That sounds great." He whispered, then heard a shout from Roman saying the Dora episode had finished and he wanted to watch Paw Patrol. The shout made his eyes light up with joy as he slowly stood. "When they know... Can they call me Dad? I feel like I'm their father already I love them so much and since you're Papa..."

"Of course." Patton smiled. "I'm sure they love you too." And Janus ran off back to his sons, their sons. His boyfriend was going to watch Paw Patrol with their sons and then order food so no-one had to move a muscle.

Yeah, the hangover was worth it.