(31) Doorstep Twins - Moceit

Summary: Janus and Patton have spent years building up their lives and family together. Just when they think they're ready for the next step in life they get a small surprise in a hamper on their doorstep.

This one-shot is inspired by @Harper_TheLoveQueen 's book 'Room for Two More' - I think they've only just started it but if you like Moceit and Family AU I recommend giving it a read!

TW - Children are abandoned, mention of being trans and associated issues

Words: 2903 (I really like this plot so kind of went off XD)

Janus tied the rainbow flag around his shoulders cautiously, looking at the ground instead of the many people around him. This was all... new, for him at least. He was 20 years old and had yet to get a partner at all, people in high school always viewed him as stuck-up (or so he thought, he acted pretty introverted expecting his entire life he'd have some kind of magic romance moment that made him feel like other teenagers that age). That feeling hadn't happened yet, and he was a college student. He was joking at 2am with his friend one night after a house party, venting about all of this, and that's when they suggested maybe Janus was gay and hadn't had the opportunity to explore that yet. Janus slept on this idea and had no reasons why he wasn't - so when the local Pride festival came around he and his friend (who was non-binary) went together and prepared for Janus to finally have a revelation.

Everywhere was colourful, all colours of the rainbow. A parade of white, pink and blue crossed his path first - then a few drag queens that Janus couldn't help but marvel at. Janus was born with vitiligo on one side of his face and almost always covered it to fit in, yet only mastered a natural look with makeup. Instead of focusing on everyone around him, as doing so made him feel anxious since his friend had disappeared with their non-binary buddies and he was wearing a giant rainbow flag with rainbow on his cheeks, he focused on how he presented himself. He kept his posture, a determined glance, kept his gaze straight ahead... at a man decorated in two different shades of pink, black, and two different shades of blue. 

The man had curly brown hair dyed light blue at the tips. He was relatively short, around 5'7, and rocking back and forth a little while chatting to a taller man with a pink, blue and white top on. Both people wore glasses. Just the look of this man - eating candy floss and smiling wide - made Janus stop in his tracks. His mouth was dry and his cheeks were hot. This was what the romantic teenage love moment was like, Janus knew that and honestly was more excited than he thought he would be. 

He was knocked back into action when the shorter male's friend elbowed the cotton candy cutie, pointing at Janus with a smile and a wink. The shorter male giggled too and gave a small wave, and that one movement made Janus have the courage to walk forward again. As he got closer he could hear the two men's voices, the taller one's a little higher than the others but both still had a gentle and jokey tone of voice that made Janus almost swoon. "He's coming over Patton!" The taller male almost screamed just before Janus reached them. The shorter, Patton, giggled at that again and turned to Janus with a quiet hope in his eyes.

"Hey... I'm Janus."

*****

Janus never imagined himself at the other side of the courtroom bar, but he was happy to be in this position. He was in his usual black and yellow suit, his husband next to him in a light blue suit and between them a short 4 year old with huge black glasses and a blue and black mini-suit. Patton was glancing at the little boy with a smile as the judge spoke the final words, also facing the little boy and holding his gavel. "I now officially pronounce you Logan Baker-Kant."

Little Logan smiled at the judge and then at his now fathers, holding the unicorn teddy Patton got him to his lips. Janus wanted to cradle his son and place him on his lap with a large hug, so he did. "Can we go home now Paps?" Logan watched Patton while Janus kissed his hair. Patton also couldn't mellow his smile, kissing Logan's forehead and brushing a hand through his hair before kissing his husband softly.