(59) Forever Arrangement - Logince

Summary: Logan and Roman are in their late 20s/early 30s and have been dating for a few years. During a watch of Roman's favourite TV show they end up chatting about commitments in life - and realise they really are in a 'forever arrangement'.

My sister and I watch Love Island together and she absolutely adores it, I mainly hate watch it. That's the best way to watch trashy TV no debate.

Words: 1075

"Book down bitch we're watching Love Island." Roman cheered as he held his glittery red laptop in his arms as it played a familiar theme tune. The previously dark bedroom covered in Disney posters and star diagrams with nightlights dangling on the walls was now infected with trashy TV. Logan rolled his eyes playfully and placed the book he was reading neatly on the bedside table before his boyfriend sat down and snuggled next to him on their double bed. He placed an arm around his lover and fiddled with the red satin of Roman's pyjamas. He loved when his lover wore his soft nightwear.

He also loved watching Roman being passionate about certain things - even if he doesn't understand what he's so passionate about some of the time or why. Love Island was one of them - a show where stereotypically attractive cisgender and straight passing men and women compete for each other's love and backstab and cheat all for Instagram followers and supposedly 'to find their soulmate'. He already heard about it a lot at work being a college lecturer and now he was also keeping up with the episodes when his boyfriend wanted cuddle time while watching it. But just seeing Roman's eyes glow and the smile marks appear on his face when watching the trashy TV made it worth it.

"Ugh, ads." Roman groaned, his head already deep in the crevice of his boyfriend's neck. There was a Domino's advert, a Just Eat advert, and finally a Love Island merchandise advert. The Love Island advert showed the products in store quite quick - but one item stood out in particular.

"Wait - rewind, rewind, rewind... They're selling baby bottles?" Logan usually didn't show any extreme reaction when watching Love Island but this had thrown him completely off the loop. Love Island was pretty raunchy at times, why would they sell baby products? He hoped babies weren't being tainted with the toxic beauty standards the show portrayed.

"I think they're baby beakers... I guess it makes sense if their target demographic are people looking for love at a certain age group that are having kids." Roman responded, laughing slightly as he sounded exactly like his statistics loving business lecturer boyfriend. His voice was quiet so he could still hear the show while the pair talked. They often chatted during their Love Island watches but without a doubt when it got to the 'exciting part' Logan would be hushed in a hurry and brought into silence. "And they're quite cute to be fair. Clear white with a name on in blue, pink or orange - they're plastic though so my environmentally conscious self is slightly worried."

"Oh, so you might buy one?"

Logan meant the question to be a rhetorical joke, maybe even to see whether he should get one in orange font for his yellow-loving brother and his new baby, but Roman furrowed his eyebrows and just watched in silence for a second or two. His voice was quiet and cautionary but he in no way seemed to hesitate what he was saying. "I mean yeah, when we have kids." 

And that statement made Logan pause in place, just watching his boyfriend instead of the screen. They had their two year anniversary a few months ago, they definitely did love each other to the moon and back, but they hadn't even thought of discussing something like this.

"We're having kids?"

It was then Roman realised what he said, and immediately sat up and looked at Logan with a worried look. The look he gave when he almost burned down the kitchen half a year ago when they first moved in together - the look that he fucked up. "I mean... Maybe? Not like right now of course but I see being a father in my future - and I think you'd be a great father too." Roman's soft voice often made Logan feel weak at the knees, but this unlocked a new feeling. A feeling he'd only got previously when he got a promotion or a new job. Not when he was facing Roman.

"Well, I also see having a family in my future, whether that's with only you or bringing others in." Logan chuckled, holding Roman even closer by wrapping his previously free arm across his hips. In all truth he would love watching Roman hold a small human that he could say was his and his lover's. "Not too many though - I'd forget their names. Maybe one or two kids."

"Agreed." Roman laughed, pecking Logan's cheek as one of the female contestants began crying which immediately engrossed him in the show again. Once the crying was over Roman turned back to his boyfriend, tilting his head and raising an eyebrow. "First though... You've got to promise if you're thinking about this then our relationship is like a - thing."

This was the first time Roman had forgotten how to use his ever-expansive vocabulary. Luckily Logan understood him anyway, glancing at him with care as he brushed his fingers through his hair. "Well, we became a 'thing' when I asked you to be my boyfriend. If you mean a 'thing' for forever, then yes, I'm thinking this is a very long term commitment."

"So this is a forever arrangement?" Roman chirped, a small smile decorating his lips that Logan couldn't do anything with but peck (even though he really desired something more with it).

"A forever and ever arrangement." He whispered - the lovey-dovey-ness had spread like a viral infection from one partner to another. That happened at times, when Logan felt like he needed to show his absolute adoration for the person in front of him. He would never leave or stop loving Roman for the world.

Roman gleamed at that and gave his lover a kiss - one that maybe lasted a bit longer than either anticipated at first. "Should I get a few baby beakers to prepare?" He whispered as they separated lips, his arms still firmly on Logan's waist.

"You might push that kids number up to three if you're not careful." Logan whispered again, giving Roman another kiss and stroking his cheek. He definitely would never get enough of Roman smiling at him, and when he'd be smiling at a little being they both loved he'd absolutely break.

"You might make me put a ring on your finger if you carry on like that."