(20) Unexpected - Loceit

Summary: Logan and Janus are college students with their whole lives ahead of them. Logan has just began his gender transition and has only transitioned socially due to his family troubles.  After a mistake their lives change forever - but they don't regret it.

TW - I don't know if this counts as mpreg but fuck it trans men are real men so this is mpreg. Also a mention of abortion and negative self talk about gender validity/transphobia at the beginning. I'll mention when all of those topics have stopped being mentioned and it's just fluff.

This is going to be in all one chapter because of the mpreg so will be a long read.

Also I usually have Janus call Logan ru-bitch (after Rubik's cube) but I felt like a more endearing term was needed so ru-babe it is.

Words: 2734 (about)

Logan Dodson and Janus Marcus started dating freshman year of college; Janus was a philosophy major and Logan double majoring in psychology and literature. People viewed the pair as the perfect couple, the most amazing boyfriends. Logan was comfortable sharing that he was trans to a few of his closest friends (mainly his best friends Patton and Virgil), but he passed quite well so ever since he started socially transitioning in junior year of high school he felt pretty comfortable in his own skin. He was going to wait for all the medical things when he had the money to support that - although Janus happily mentioned he could pitch in whenever the topic was brought up.

This was in past tense for a valid reason. Logan and Janus shared their 'first time' in June of their second year, it was amazing but almost immediately afterwards Logan began to feel very sick. He did use protection regularly, but mistakes happen. He didn't say anything about it though at first as it was nearing the end of the school year and Janus' parents had just moved several states away so he was already stressed with travelling. But soon came August and Logan requested Janus to travel back early and meet in the local park. The only thing calming him was the FamILY group chat:

🐶 Patton 🐶 : It's OK Logie! I already know Janus will support you whatever happens!

😈 Virgil 😈 : Yeah, you two are toxically cute and caring. If he turns into a snake over this I'll make sure he has no future children by a swift kick in the balls

🐶 Patton 🐶 : Virgil! Don't say that about Lo's boyfriend!

🤖 Logan 🤖 : Thanks so much guys. You're the best.

"What's the matter Ru-babe?" Logan heard Janus approach behind him, leaning down and giving his boyfriend a kiss on the cheek. "You seemed really emotional when you called me - Is it ketchup season? I brought ice cream in case it is." Janus sat next to his boyfriend and gave him a tub of strawberry ice cream he'd bought at the airport - it probably wasn't cold but it was the thought that counted. But instead of eating Logan only leant on Janus' shoulder, taking a deep breath. 

"I... took a test Jan..." Logan began, trying to keep his composure and his voice monotone. The past few weeks he had been rehearsing this moment, imagining all the outcomes, logically thinking through what he'd do if he was left alone. He'd cry of course, but he couldn't cry for eternity.

"Well - I'm sure you aced it. You're great at exams and stuff." Janus interrupted to console, wrapping his arm around his boyfriend's shoulders and kissing his forehead. Logan only sniffled and shook his head, rendering Janus to silence and allowing his boyfriend to continue speaking.

"Not that kind of test Janus. A pregnancy test. I'm... pregnant." Logan found it hard to even utter that last word. It was like that shouldn't even be possible for him to say, which it shouldn't. He had spent all this time blending in and being who he wanted to be just for reality to hit him in the face that he could never be who he wanted to be. He could never be Logan, truly.