(129) Mr Perfect Part 1 - Logince

Summary: Virgil has his cousin, Logan, transferring to his school for the semester and it seems pretty easy for him to blend in and make new friends. But one friend (and maybe something more) surprises him - Roman.

This was going to all be one chapter but this part is so long that I felt as though I had to add Logan's nerd freak out with his cousin in the next chapter XD.

Words: 2075

"My cousin's transferring to our school by the way." Virgil said out the blue one day while he and his two friends sat together at lunch. Patton and Roman paused their conversation and looked at their friend, a raised eyebrow on both of their faces. "He's only going to be staying for one semester as his parent's contracts have ended in CalTech, so they just need a place to stay before sorting out their visas before transferring to a university in Australia or something."

"Oh! Is that the same uncle that encouraged you to start a dream journal for his research?" Patton asked and received a nod from Virgil. The group had heard of this uncle and his wife that were researchers and often transferred to all different types of global universities to teach and research. Although it was never mentioned that they travelled so much and had a high school aged kid with them. "Aw, well it'll be fun to meet them! I bet they have good stories to tell!"

"Maybe a name will be good first?" Roman interrupted Patton before he went off on stories about 'possible' travel stories this cousin could have. Virgil raised an eyebrow and twirled the canteen pasta around his fork.

"He's called Logan, he has a little brother called Janus, and he's a freshman like us." Virgil brought out his phone to show a picture of the cousin, and he showed a friendly looking nerd-type that was exactly the type Roman fell for whenever he looked at any type of romance media. But Roman was mature and he wasn't going to fall in love with his best friend's cousin.

*****

To make the transition into a new school and friendship group a little easier on Logan the four decided to meet over the easter break at Patton's house, in particular in Patton's cave which was just a walk-in closet that was of no use in Patton's minimalist life. The closet was small and cozy with plenty of bean-bags and pillows and a small cat TV that could play Disney DVDs and nothing else.

Unsurprisingly Logan and Virgil were the last to arrive to the closet as Virgil was consistently late to things. The anxious character did his normal salute and sat on a black beanbag, grabbing some marshmallows by the fist, while his cousin seemed to be the real nervous one in the situation. He fiddled with his glasses and looked down at the many blankets and pillows he could take. "Hi!" Patton cheered, usually the first to greet anyone in and outside the group. "You must be Logan? Verge told us a lot about you."

"Good things I hope." Logan said sharply, sitting in the first available spot crosslegged with his back contorted in a weird way the group supposed was straightened, as he glared at his plain fingernails. There was an awkward silence amongst the group - Logan didn't seem as excited to tell his stories about travelling the world as the rest of the group were to hear them.

There was a short awkward silence but Patton quickly filled it with his usual cheer. "We have snacks! There's marshmallows and I brought the kettle and coffee machine and some hot chocolate powder and you're welcome to any and all of it unless you have allergies!"

But the chirps were quickly stopped when Patton heard Virgil's stifled laugh, and he spotted that Logan was staring directly at Roman like a predator would look at prey. And of course, with Patton being Patton, he took that look the stereotypical love story way and whispered to the quiet friend excitedly. "Aww does Logan crush really that quick? They look so cute together!"