(19) Stolen Books Part 2 - Intrulogical

Summary: Logan had never viewed Remus as the parenting type. He took care of Nova when emergencies happened, although usually accompanied by his brother. It only takes one rainy day for that to change though.

Also just fyi in this story Remus and Roman are Hawaiian native given their surname - I try to make all the Sides different ethnicities in these things!

Words: 1204

Today was a relaxing day. It was a weekend so Logan had no work, only lesson plans, and Nova was actually calmly playing with her dolls for once as it was raining outside. "Can you join me Daddy?" Nova looked over at her father, tapping the doll's feet on the dollhouse.

"Hang on a sec girlie." Logan whispered in response, typing the last of his plan with a soft smile at his little girl. "I'll join you when I'm done." Nova sighed and looked out the window, where the rain was hitting the glass quickly. She seemed more excited as she watched - she probably wanted to go outside which was something Logan procrastinated letting her do as it lead to more laundry.

The door knocked within the minute and Nova looked more excited, jumping up and down and running to answer the door. "Uncle Remus!" She screamed as soon as she opened the door, followed by a similar low laugh from one of Logan's kind of distant friends - Remus. Nova was picked up and sat on Remus' shoulders, which was when Logan finally finished his lesson plan and looked up.

"Alright dork, I'm taking Nova to splash in puddles." Remus marched through the house, grabbing Nova's ladybug rain boots and placing her on the sofa just to help her put a not-matching coat on. 

"We're having an indoors day today Remus, there's no need for babysitting." Remus seemingly ignored his friend, zipping up Nova's coat and getting closer and closer to the muddy garden. After a sigh Logan stood, trying to beckon his daughter but Nova refused and waited by the door, looking up at Remus with a wide smile and big eyes. 

Remus laughed and rolled his eyes, standing in front of him in a confident stance. "You have been AFK from the famILY group chat and you haven't contacted any of us to give you free time for 3 weeks." And again Remus went towards the garden, opening the door and letting Nova run out without any rainhat to cover her freshly washed hair. "I'm spending the day with her, go get a coffee and relax today."

Logan sighed and shook his head - retrieving a dozen worksheets that needed marking, glaring at Remus as if challenging him. He knew all his friends hated Logan's need to constantly work, and Remus was one of them. But for a moment Remus seemed to pause with a small smirk, watching Logan's eyes but then looking away sheepishly. "Do I have to babysit you too?" Remus giggled, noticeably shyer this time. "Seriously Lo, take a break." Remus took the worksheets out of Logan's hands and placed them on the table again, before taking Logan's hand and guiding him to the kitchen. "Crofters and Netflix. I know you well."

When Remus reached up to the cabinets his shirt rode up slightly. Logan had no clue why, but just seeing a little bit of Remus' waist made his heart skip a beat. It was all a bit weird, this situation, Remus wasn't usually a hands-on babysitter - only entertained Nova when Roman took care of her. But this time he seemed happy to help out and in fact a little forceful with it. The Crofters was placed in Logan's hand and he was pushed to the sofa again. "Enjoy yourself babe."

"Can I at least watch Nova play?" Logan stood again, not yet opening the Crofters even though he wanted to. Remus rolled his eyes and walked out in the rain, Logan stayed in the archway of the door to avoid the rain but watched them. Nova was giggling loudly, she loved all her 'Uncles' but liked being babysat by the Makaku twins - Logan always thought that was Roman's doing but maybe Remus actually was good with kids. The pair jumped in all the puddles and danced in the rain, pretending to be frogs together. It made him smile.

"Join Dad!" Nova screamed, grabbing Logan's hand with her wet own and dragging him to the middle of the decently sized garden. Remus giggled as she began to jump and dance, singing a song from one of the TV programmes that was on loop in Logan's house. Logan loved just watching her, feeling so proud of his daughter. Watching his daughter gave Logan enough distraction for Remus to grab Logan's hands again; they swayed together slowly.

"Dance with me Whale Penis." Remus whispered, somewhat sensually which caused Logan to develop a lump in his throat. All thoughts in his brain became empty, one hand landed on Remus' waist and the other on Remus' hip, he silenced and stared into Remus' very brown eyes. They were almost black, Remus thought his eyes were black and hated them - but Logan always noted the brown specs in his eyes and reminded his friend of them. It might be weird that he noticed that in his friend's eyes, his other friends teased him for it and told him that it was definitely a crush.

And maybe it was. Maybe he was in love with his weird and slightly immature college buddy but there was always something that stopped him. First he was busy with college, being such a workaholic; then he adopted Nova and she became his biggest priority - not wanting to change anything while she was still developing; when Nova appeared Remus became a little less present for a while. Roman mentioned a couple times that Remus was always scared around her, his humour was quite mature at times and he didn't want to ruin such a cute child's innocence. It was only in the last year or so he volunteered to play with her or babysit alone without his brother. But recently... Was there anything to stop him? Would Remus even realise that Logan's eyes had moved from his eyes to his lips?

Apparently Remus did realise that. Almost immediately Remus cupped Logan's face and kissed him. It wasn't a quick kind of kiss one might expect after a drunk college night (although neither of them were drunk - they were both extremely sober and extremely aware of what was happening), but instead it was slow and cautious - careful to not to overstep any boundaries. Logan's head was spinning as he couldn't help but smile, starting to kiss back just as Remus pulled away. "Oh sh... Sorry Logan, I..."

"Kiss him again!" Nova's scream interrupted Remus' red faced panic. "He liked it!" And that he did, which he tried to show by a small smirk. Ever since senior year of college he'd had a small crush on the more chaotic twin and never suspected the feeling to be reciprocated. But here he was, soaking wet in the rain and stood opposite his crush with his daughter screaming that they should kiss again and get married. 

At least one of those things happened, Remus brought him close again and gave him another even softer, even more passionate kiss. And of course he kissed back. For the next few weeks Nova couldn't stop telling everyone how her Dad was kissed in the rain and was definitely the main character of a romance movie because of it.