(111) The Baby In The Carrier - Remile

Summary: Remy and Emile already have a toddler together named Lux - he's their little angel. But they always wanted another baby. They just had to see how Lux with react to it.

TW - Mpreg

... I also now have four drafts (after this one) for one-shot ideas. At the same time it's reaching the end of term so all my coursework is due XD

Words: 1475

Remy was playing in the sandpit with his son, Lux, at his side. The sun was shining brightly in a warm late July morning - so bright and sunny that the father had to remove his jacket - and his son looked like the happiest being in the world. His golden hair was lighter than normal and his skin was tanned, his glasses were sliding off his face as he stared down at the drawing in the sand. 

And then Remy's lover came into the garden, Emile Piccani. They wore a plain, pink dress and a sunhat; their blond hair was hidden by a straw hat. Hidden underneath the flow of the dress was a small bump only just forming. Remy burst into a smile.

"What you doing kid-o'-love?" Emile chirped, kneeling down slightly to face their son. The little boy looked up with a smile. "Are you drawing?"

"Yeah! I'm drawing us!" The four year old shouted, one thumb in his mouth as he concentrated on the smiley faces in front of him. Emile sat next to their husband and kissed his cheek, the addicting smile on both of their faces as they watched their son draw. They had a small family together, and while they were both grateful for that, they were also grateful they had the ability to add to it in around 9 months. But in those nine months they had to tell little Lux the news.

Remy brought his son onto his lap even though the child seemed more concerned with his artwork, and he spoke to him slowly. "Nibi and I have some news to tell you kiddo." Lux immediately smiled at his parents excitedly, Emile held him with one arm and their belly with another. "You're going to become a big brother."

Lux tilted his head. "Why?"

There was a slight pause as both parents looked at each other. Honest answer - they loved each other. And they loved being parents. That was censored enough for a four year old. "We love each other and we love you!" Emile chirped, kissing Lux's cheek and holding him closer in a cuddle. It may take only a couple of weeks for the bump to be too big for them to do that easily. "You're going to be the best big brother in the world - I know it already!"

The child nodded and looked back to his father with a slightly confused look, but he didn't seem to have questions. "OK - Can I carry on drawing now?"

*****

It was a movie night, late November so it was cold, and Emile was reaching seven months pregnant. It was of course uncomfortable but Remy had become their personal slave at least until all the hormones had died down. Emile had their two hands on the growing lump. Lux was between the two parents and covered in blankets. He was half-asleep but absolutely refused to go to bed as he wanted to watch movies 'like an adult' (even though Remy usually passed out at 7:30pm too).

"Are you sure it's not bedtime?" Remy cooed at his son, letting the little boy lean on him as he pretended Lux was not tired at all. As expected the boy shook his head and clutched his lion teddy tightly. Emile's family seemed more entertaining than the movie at this point as he watched the two chat about bedtime - Lux definitely got his determination from his father. When the credits rolled Lux demanded to watch Moana yet again and then he'd go to bed (it was already obvious he'd refuse to do so even then). "I can read the Moana book to you in bed?" Remy suggested, brushing the golden hair off the boy's face, smiling like an idiot at the thought there'd be yet another life that would be a mix between him and his favourite person. Lux still shook his head.

"I'm a big brother! I need to be big for... for..." Lux yawned and stretched before he could finish his sentence, hitting his father with the lion teddy accidentally but he didn't seem to care. Gone were the days Lux could be carried into a bassinet and forced to go to sleep - now he could argue - but they were going to start the entire journey again with another child.

"For the baby?" Emile finished the sentence, a soft smile on their face as they reached out to stroke their son's hair. Lux nodded. "Well, as a big brother you're going to have to teach your sibling to sleep well. Don't you think you should practice that?"

Lux seemed to hesitate hearing that, watching his parent confused to see if they would crack and tell him something he'd want to hear. But Emile stayed silent and waiting. Lux just pouted as all his options had been thwarted. "I don't want to!" He snapped, but leant into Emile for a cuddle anyway. Lux hadn't done this recently due to the bump, he instead cuddled into Remy (who hated anyone but his son and partner cuddling him), but this time seemed different. The child tried keeping his eyes open but eventually his eyelids started to droop and his breathing slowed.

Remy turned off the TV as soon as it appeared Lux had fallen asleep, getting off the sofa to carry the four year old off to bed. But before picking him up Remy just knelt down and watched him. "Wow... He'll be five in a month." Remy whispered, smiling at Emile with all the love he could give. "Our big five year o-"

Lux mumbled as Emile groaned for a second, their hand landing on their stomach again. The boy opened one of his eyes and looked more annoyed than Remy usually looked in the morning. "Wha-wa-dat..." The child mumbled, quickly trying to sit up but grumbling more. "Nibi's belly moved..." Remy picked Lux up before he could argue about going to sleep again, kissing his cheek, and almost immediately Lux's eyes shut again.

"That's a kick sweetie." Emile started standing up again too, although slower than before due to the extra weight. Already Remy was starting to wonder about a third kid. "It's your sibling's way of saying hello!"

The four year old didn't seem to care and was already asleep, making the bedtime routine easier than normal. The parents also passed out as soon as they hit the bed and cuddled into each other until daytime came. And daytime, along with the hyperactive four year old, came too soon and not soon enough for the excited couple.

*****

In early February when Lux woke up in the middle of the night to the hum of Uncle Thomas leaving. Weird, he didn't remember Uncle Thomas coming to visit. His parents were the other voices, speaking quieter than usual and in a more high pitched tone. But Lux was half asleep so he didn't process much until he noticed the hallways light coming through his slowly opening door. "Oh, honey he looks so cute sleeping!" Emile chirped in a whisper, their hand slowly brushing through Lux's hair which woke him up a little more. "Lucky-Lux... We have someone to show you."

Someone? Who has Lux not met yet? He was quite a sociable child with a small but close family so there weren't any cousins or long lost uncles or aunts or anything like that...

Lux was swooped up and kissed on both cheeks which made him slowly open his eyes. Emile was smiling widely at him and Remy even wider, Remy was holding the baby carrier that the family had a day out to buy around a month ago. The carrier had a white and light pink blanket tucked into it though - and between the carrier and the blanket was a lump. "Do you want to meet Luna buddy?"

Even Lux burst into a smile hearing that question and nodded excitedly. He was a big brother! He had a little sister! He'd be the best big brother in the entire universe! Remy placed the carrier down gently and moved the blanket, sitting on the floor as Lux loomed over the new baby. Luna looked way smaller and more wrinkly than Lux expected. She already had curly hair just like her big brother but it was chocolate brown like Remy's. Her eyes were baby blue rather than Lux's so she looked like an exact mix of both of her parents. 

Luna mumbled and cried a little, comforted by one of Emile's lullabies automatically. "She's probably a little sleepy though Lux, how about you play with her all day tomorrow with all those toys you got her?" Lux's eyes glowed again hearing that and already he was so excited for this all to start. This was the best day in Lux's life.