(181) One Improv Class - Prinxiety

Summary: After transferring to a new school to avoid homophobic bullying, Virgil's stupid mind actually falls in love with the ecstatic drama student. Maybe this time would be different though.

No triggers for this one - just mentions of homophobia.

Words: 1607

When Virgil moved to Florida from Louisiana to live with his aunt, he expected a bit of an easier life. He knew it may still not be the safest to fully come out as he was still in the Bible Belt, but at least his aunt didn't live in a Bible thumper town and rather a bigger city. Virgil could have a new start, blend into the crowd, and graduate with a scholarship to move to the more accepting north for college.

Unfortunately, he didn't take into account that kids were sneaky when it came to stereotyping based on their classmates' electives, and Virgil's elective choices transferred when he changed state. So now he was in drama class - and every high schooler believes that everyone involved in drama is queer. So much for staying in the shadows...

"So the class is doing an improv project to start off with, just to get the creative juices flowing." Virgil's new drama teacher was talking to him as he was placing his backpack down, she was also keeping an eye on all the chaotic kids she was responsible over. She discussed the theme of the lesson as her eyes wandered to watch two similar-looking boys play-fighting each other on the stage. "Those two boys are Roman and Remus King. One of them will be your partner, the other one..." She looked like she had a dejected look on her face. "I'll figure out what to do with."

The one the teacher pointed at when she said 'Remus' was a rougher looking boy with scratches and acne on his face, growing facial hair and ash blond tips on the top of his head. He was wearing a dark green flannel and ripped jeans and had a temporary tattoo of a sword on his arm. Good looking aesthetically but not Virgil's type. The other one though, Roman, took Virgil's breath away. He just radiated positive energy and happiness, standing centre stage and laughing, ruffling his auburn hair and eventually looking over... Shit - he was looking over.

"Roman King, I can trust you to show Virgil the ropes of improv. We'll be starting the class in ten minutes." And with that the teacher walked away to seemingly contain Remus from certain chaos. Roman gave his friend a smirk and then turned to Virgil.

The confident teenager began walking towards the stairs again, and Roman started short conversation. "So... Did you do improv at your old school?" Virgil did learn about the topic of improv in drama before, but in practicality he just sat in the corner and watched as he was scared to approach anyone. Luckily there wasn't that fear with Roman.

"Yeah, I never really participated though. What's our starting point?" Roman and Virgil faced each other as they stood centre stage, Roman held a thinking face and watched the other students who were taking the opportunity to chat rather than act. It seemed as though there was no real starting point to this improv.

"How about... It's the darkness of night in the big city, and we are two minuscule workers in the bustle that met on a bus going to the same block of flats?" Roman's eyes glowed softly as he explained the scene, waving his arms had giving any confused student that glanced over a mischievous smirk. It was definitely going to be hard to stay closeted around him.

After his demonstration Roman twirled next to Virgil, and began the scene. "Well, at least it's not raining, isn't it? Otherwise I'd have to sprint back home."

"I have an umbrella if you need it." Although Virgil was nervous being around such a cutie, he acted and pretended to shake an umbrella beside him. The pair stopped their walk around the stage for the action and then continued again. "Where about did you live again?"