(121) Stepbrother - Platonic Logince

Summary: Logan's mom has a girlfriend. She seems nice but apparently she has kids - and eight year old Logan isn't a fan of kids.

This might be a prequel to 'Skipping School with Friends' or an individual chapter idk - also the picture came up when I typed 'logince' and... yeah.

Words: 1120

Logan grew up in the stereotypical family with a mother and father, and was a loved only child. He knew his mother was bisexual since the day he was born and his father had no issues with that - he didn't even have issues when six years after his son was born his wife realised she was gay. For two years Logan lived with his mother, his father visiting during weekends to keep a good resemblance of the family they had before even though the two adults were just best friends.

This weekend was different though. Logan's father collected his son from school on Friday like normal, and during the drive home the two chatted about Logan's mother and her girlfriend. Logan had only heard bits and pieces about her and knew they went on dates as that was when he got to have sleepovers with his dad. When the topic was first brought up Logan believed he was just going to stay round his father's for a couple of hours.

"Has Mom only told you about the girlfriend Dr Jam, no one else?" The father inquired softly, keeping his eyes on the road but he was obviously choosing careful words of what to say. Logan nodded, his head already down in a book he had to read for English. 

"Who else is there?" Logan chirped. There was a silence until the father responded.

"Mom's girlfriend also has kids from a previous relationship bud, and I think they're coming to meet you this evening too." Logan was meeting the elusive girlfriend - and her kids? Wait... There's more than one? What if this girlfriend has six kids that all cause chaos and destroy all of Logan's books and jams and Star Wars figurines? This was not an ideal situation.

"How many kids are there?" Logan's whisper made his father giggle. Everyone close to Logan knew how he hated people his own age - at family gatherings he usually used to stay with older family members or at most he'd be entertained by teenage cousins.

"I believe there's only two, one's eight like you and the other is a little younger. There's nothing to worry about."

That didn't stop Logan from worrying of course. When Logan reached his house he first realised his mom chatting with a completely new woman, one with long red hair shaved at the side, a dyed rainbow on the shaved bit. She smiled as soon as Logan came into view and waved him over. "Oh wow, you look just like Amie! You're Logan aren't you?" Logan nodded shyly and held his books against his chest. "Well I'm Allie, Amie's told me a lot about you. Do you want to meet my kids?" There was shouting coming from the living room and the TV was on too. It seemed scary for Logan to go there alone even though it was his own house.

"We can stay here when you meet them Jammy." Logan's mother said, stroking her son's head and smiling at him. Logan smiled back but kept his eyes the same direction of the living room. He needed to get the courage to speak at least - his mom seemed so excited for this big moment.

It seemed as though the whole idea of waiting to meet the rest of Allie's family was foiled though when a ginger eight year old ran into the kitchen and pretty much jumped on Logan. "FOUND HIM REMUS!" The boy screamed, seemingly with a disregard on the boy he just threw himself on. A little slower a smaller boy wearing green, also with auburn hair, emerged and smiled. The boy was younger - maybe around three. 

"Take a breath Ro, Logan isn't as hyper as you." The toddler walked over to his mother and sat on her lap, watching the two eight year olds quietly. "Well, Logan these are my boys - Roman," Allie pointed at the older boy, "and Remus," the younger boy on Allie's lap smiled and waved. "Remus is usually a little hyper too - but it's more in spirts. Roman is..."

"YOUR BEST FRIEND!" Roman was still shouting and was now hugging Logan and not letting go. Logan was completely still but the other boy didn't seem to care. "I love him already so much Mom! Can we keep him, please?"

Allie giggled, dragging his son away from the nervous elementary schooler a little. "We can keep him if he likes you Roman. So you need to be nice."

Roman pouted and let Logan down to the floor again, watching the boy curiously as he gathered his two left feet together and looked back to his mom. Logan had been a loved only child since he was born and never had to share a thing. Sharing his mom with two hyper boys was going to be new - and scary.

"Oh... You want a cuddle too Logie?" Amie laughed as Logan climbed onto his mother's lap just like he did as a toddler. Unfortunately as Amie was on a bar stool it was quite difficult for either of them to get their balance. The mother tried anyway and Allie helped keep her on the seat until they were both stable. Allie watched Logan sympathetically before turning to her kids.

"How about we make cookies for our possible new family members boys?" She cheered, immediately matching the hyperness of her sons rather than the calm nature she transformed into when talking to Logan. Roman and Remus ran into the nearby kitchen leaving Logan alone with her son.

"Are you scared Logie?"

"A little..." Logan mumbled, smiling now he was secure and alone with his mother. He felt more secure around just his parents than with anyone else. "Are they always like that?"

Amie paused and sighed, kissing her son's temple and internally wishing she had a more confident son. She wouldn't change her baby for the world though. "Well, yes. But you'll get used to it. They're so excited to welcome you!" Logan scowled under his breath and fiddled with his glasses. It was time for reassurance. "Dad and I will be right here with you too. You don't need to rush into this new family until you're happy to."

Logan smiled softly and thanked his mom. The two carried on talking about school and homework and chores until they were disturbed by Roman running in and jumping in place in front of his new step-brother.

"Does Logan wanna make cookies Miss Amie?"

With a deep breath Logan decided to nod. His new family was chaotic - but he soon found out it was all worth it as he got the best brothers and moms in the world.