(51) I Forgot - Logince

Summary: Roman and Logan are parents and are usually prepared for everything parents should be prepared for. Unfortunately they don't have the best memory though.

My friend was reading a BTS fanfic with this similar plot so I'll steal it XD

Words: 1302

Logan was reading when the door opened, and he saw the red suit of his husband walk in. "Hello berry-boo." He mumbled as he turned a page. The door closed and Roman soon appeared next to him with a kiss. The round faced redhead appeared in front of him with a slightly concerned look, and began looking around. "It's quiet here..."

"I don't know why..." Logan followed, glancing at his phone notes that held the timings for the day. "Fraser should be playing somewhere, he likes playing with the train set in his bedroom."

Roman nodded quietly, looking off into the distance as if trying to calculate something. He was probably trying to remember what day of the week it was - or listening for any noise change which meant their three year old was indeed in the house. "When did you pick him up from daycare?"

"2pm." Logan answered quickly, finally closing his book and checking his timetable again. "I fed him some strawberries and he should have some milk later - are you cooking dinner tonight?" The glasses wearer seemed surprisingly nonchalant about the quietness of the house - he just had his favourite book and a jar of Crofters that Roman was now stealing and munching on as he walked around the house.

He heard a shout from the other side of the house after a few minutes. "Of course Teach, but maybe we should make sure our boy is alive first?" It was then Logan gained consciousness and realised the house was way too quiet. Their toddler was not known to be quiet, especially when their other father had returned from work.

Logan stood and followed where his husband was walking, calling his son's name but no shout or running legs and cuddles came. His mind of course went to the worst case scenario - was there an open window or door somewhere and their precious son walked out? Maybe someone took him while Logan was reading? A multitude of things could have happened and he could only be reassured by Fraser's giggle.

Or when Roman's hands landed on his shoulders his heart rate immediately slowed. "When did you actually see him last My-Cro-Softie?" Roman asked with the nickname that always made Logan smile and his worries dissipate to a manageable amount.

"I... I honestly don't know. Let's retrace my steps." Logan took control of the situation again with a deep breath. After all, he knew he often went into a daze when he was in his regular routines - although that was usually at work not when he was in charge of a toddler.

The last place Logan went before going home was the library. He often went there several times a day either for his own pleasure or as a day out for Fraser as they often had activities going on in the kids section of the library that involved the kids being read to or practicing their reading or writing skills - or just playing until their adult wanted to take them away. And Fraser was becoming a book nerd like his father, often wanting to buy a book whenever Logan needed a top-up.

"So did he actually buy a book Logie?" Roman whispered as he held his husband's hand. Logan just had a look of determination searching for his little buddy in a unicorn t-shirt and wild curly ginger hair. A letter writing activity was happening in the kids area - but Fraser was not one involved.

But the pair walked to the librarian's desk and inquired what was brought last on Logan's library membership card. It was used that day: A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, The Shakespeare Book by DK Books (a gift for Roman) and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. "And have you seen a little boy in a pink unicorn t-shirt - about yay high and happy as can be?" Roman interrupted making hand movements to illustrate Fraser's height. The librarian only shook her head.

"Mr Berry-King came here alone, I thought it was odd but expected the boy was being looked after somewhere else." She said, scanning an extra book that Logan bought 'since he was here'. Such behaviour was normal and expected from the nerd in stressful situations - Roman was surprised he didn't buy the entire store.

Before going to the library Logan (and presumably Fraser) went to visit Roman's brother. It was always lucky the two twins lived close together - in fact Remus lived between the daycare and library so almost everyday Fraser played with his uncle. Remus and his husband didn't have any kids themselves rather a pack of foster dogs that Remus loved to walk together for tough guy points. Sometimes Fraser walked with him, and while this decreased the tough guy points Remus loved him. He didn't love him as much as his partner though.

"Logie! Romano! What's the matter?" Patton chirped as he opened the door, immediately spotting the two men's worried faces. The Dalmatian Oreo circled and sat at Patton's feet with a chew toy.

"Have you seen Fraser? We maybe left him with you." Logan spoke quickly and looked behind Patton's shoulder. The miniature poodle Mia, pug Otis, and Saint Bernard Benji were playing together without Fraser. Remus wasn't there either which gave him hope, Patton loved giving Fraser extra snacks whenever he babysat and Remus often supervised if Patton was distracted.

But Patton tilted his head. "Fraser? I don't think so... I've just returned from work though." He then turned to the side and called for Remus, and Remus came bounding down the stairs with another dog - a Labrador named Boomer. "Hey baby, are you taking care of Fraser?"

Again Remus tilted his head and watched the two men confused before leaning against the archway of the door. "Well, you did come earlier Logan. You said Fraser wanted a water gun this weekend for the heatwave." And now Remus had said that he was correct. Logan remembered driving to the house and chatting to Remus about the heatwave over a cup of coffee - the house was silent apart from the constant barking so Fraser wasn't with him. But he should have just been collected from daycare.

So around an hour after Roman returned from work, and two hours after Logan visited the daycare the first time, the car parked at Sunny Sides Daycare again. The two fathers walked in holding hands, immediately spotting two of the daycare workers surrounding little Fraser in the sandpit. As soon as Fraser heard his fathers he ran up to them and tackled both of them in a hug. "Sorry I'm late buddy." Logan mumbled as Fraser strangled him with his arm. "Did you enjoy extra playtime?"

"Yeah! I made a pretty painting!" Fraser waved a red and blue painting as Logan explained the whole situation and paid the daycare workers for their extra hours. It turns out Logan did park in the car park, dissociated as he was finishing a chapter of his book, and thought Fraser was in the back of the car with him and went about his day. "Dad! Pay attention to me!"

Logan immediately perked up and grabbed his son from the floor, giving him a kiss on the cheek and an extra cuddle which made him giggle. "I'll never stop paying attention to you buddy - tell me if I do, OK?"

"OK Dad." Fraser chirped, and the three began finally walking home. The strawberries were still on the counter but the toddler didn't mind eating them that way, and was quickly given milk too so he was caught up with Logan's timetable. And lots of playtime together was added to the schedule too - Fraser would not be forgotten again.