(108) Playing House - Prinxiety

Summary: There is a coursework where two opposite-minded students need to spend a night with each other to understand each other's life. Time travel apparently exists though.

My flatmate is fangirling about 'Playing House with Malfoy' and it gave me ideas XD

Every so often I write a chapter of this one-shot book and the idea of it would fit in so well into a longer book that I have to force myself to not write more - this is one of those chapters. (I have got an Analogical book on the way though)

Words: 1751

Here Virgil was, sat opposite maybe the most annoying person on the planet and there was nothing he could do about it. Roman was a varsity soccer player and a spoilt brat through and through without a struggle in his life. And this idiot had invaded his bedroom for a school project. 

"What does he/they mean?" The jock spat as he fiddled with the pins Virgil had on his chest of drawers. Sharing a room for a night was sure to lead to lots of questions but he didn't expect gender identity to be the first question straight off the bat. Of course Mr Watson would create a happy group project where two students had to spend a day in each other's shoes - and since Virgil had no friends he was placed with the most annoying boy in his grade.

"They're pronouns - did you sleep through English class or something?" Virgil snapped back, his arms crossed as he leant against his closed bedroom door. It was just one night of this hell - he'd tell himself - and then Roman will be out his life forever. Virgil better get an A for going through this shit.

Roman raised an eyebrow and chuckled, his hands in his varsity hoodie pockets. "I literally saw you fall asleep in English last week - but whatever. I shouldn't question you I guess." With a shrug Roman turned to continue exploring the small room while Virgil finally stood and collapsed on his bed, throwing off a couple of pillows in the process. "What are you doing?"

"That's your bed. I'm sleeping so I don't have to deal with you - or life as a whole."

"Shouldn't we have dinner first? It's only 6pm." Roman sat on one of the pillows and stared up at the teen who was covering his face with another pillow that appeared out of nowhere.

"If you want to cook something then do so. I'm sleeping." Virgil snapped back, his voice slightly muffled due to the pillow but it still could be heard. He hadn't even changed clothes but now he was determined to sleep this whole 'sleepover' away until Roman returned to his soccer team friends and Virgil could carry on being alone.

"What about your mom and dad? Don't they cook for you?" Roman dared to ask, but he received a glare from the other high schooler. 

"They actually work for a living so they don't have time for five star meals like you're used to." Yes Virgil had an attitude problem, no he wasn't going to sort it out. He had every right to be annoyed at Mr Perfect who never had to struggle to get his way. He was just a rich boy that would marry some rich girl straight out of high school and spread whatever lies his parents taught him that he hadn't bothered to challenge. There was no way, no matter what Mr Watson said, that he'd be besties with such an idiot. "Now, goodnight."

Roman lay down slowly but kept his eyes on Virgil quizzically (he'll go downstairs and raid the fridge for food later), allowing the silence to continue for hours until he could finally fall to sleep himself. Hopefully they can just talk through whatever misunderstanding they have in the morning.

*****

Virgil was unusually warm when he began to wake up, his muscles moved slowly into a stretch like a cat would do when they first wake up until he was stopped... Something was blocking him from stretching his arms forward.