(144) Pączki Versus Pain Au Chocolat - Romantic Loceit

Summary: Even though Janusz and Logan have been married for three years they refuse to agree on a suitable breakfast food.

As with previous Polish Janus chapters, the character will be called the Polish spelling Janusz (ya-noosh) for this chapter. And Logan here is French - but the last time I studied French was 2016 so I apologise if it's not as accurate as the Polish character XD.

Words: 1015

The only noise Janusz focused on was the frying of his pączki. It was too early for anything else, but Janusz wanted to be nice and make some sweet breakfast for his husband. It was their three year anniversary after all - he had to spoil his soulmate with the amount of love he had to give. He had been making pączki since childhood so he was pretty much a Polish chef.

"La vache... You scared me mon cheri..." Logan mumbled, still half asleep as he rest a hand on Janusz shoulder and kissed his neck. There was silence for a moment as they both watched the food fry. "Looks délicieux-ous, sorry."

This is why mornings were amazing in Janusz and Logan's household. Both men spoke only their first language when they met at an English learning class after moving to Orlando, but they pushed each other into English learning and also taught each other their native languages. And French was definitely as romantic as people said.

Janusz poured the pączki onto a plate covered in tissue paper as Logan's hands wondered to his hips. "No need to apologise dziadu. You know I love hearing you speak no matter the language."

The French came more into Logan's expression as he heard the pet name, giving his husband a fake disgusted look before abandoning his hands around his body and walking to a nearby cupboard. "I call you a cherry and you call me an old fart, that is the ultimate betrayal." Logan humphed, searching through the cupboards with a determined look on his face. When he raised his head to watch his husband's reaction his eyes landed on the calendar and he gasped again. "And on our anniversary no less!"

Janusz had to roll his eyes at his lover's behaviour as he dipped the pączki in sugar, resisting the temptation to just eat all the ones he's made. "Pączki solves everything, I know you love it." Logan loved all Polish food - gołąbki, pączki, pierogi, bigos - everything. It felt like yesterday the pair were on their third ever date, and Janusz had some leftover gołąbki from the night previous that he really wanted to eat. Logan was surprisingly alright to try the food and ended up asking for more the next date. It was then Janusz knew he had found the one.

"Well, I might refuse it until you call me something as nice and complimentary as mon coeur." Logan stood and revealed he was holding a pain au chocolat in his hands - one of the many French items of food he had and Janusz regularly stole. The French man wore his dramatically stoic expression that fit the French stereotype, but his expression became softer once Janusz completely abandoned his pączki to instead bring his arms over Logan's shoulders.

"I could call you serce if that's good enough for you?"

Logan rolled his eyes and started eating his pain au chocolat, pretending not to be effected by how close his husband was to kissing him since early morning kisses were the best part of the couple's morning routine. "I don't mean the word for 'heart', roudoudou, you've got to have some more creative ones for me."

Janusz's breath smelled of strawberries, probably from the pączki he'd just made as his favourite version involved being filled with strawberry jam. Again, this smell was very tempting when the two husbands were so close to each other, as Logan adored the taste of strawberries as it reminded him of his childhood strawberry jam...

"What did you use in the pączki?"

That little mischievous smirk from the Polish man in yellow was adorable, Logan wanted to kiss it away but he also wanted to continue this teasing game and get a new cute Polish pet name from the process. "Oh... Nothing significant. Just Crofter's jam." The smirk became a wide smile as Logan's face became a sheepish grin. People might say that love was putting up with each other's faults or staying together through traumatic events but for Logan love was being given Crofter's jam. "Are you contemplating abandoning your pain au chocolat?"

Eventually Logan had to reveal a scowl, keeping his eyes on the half-eaten pain au chocolat for a moment before turning his eyes to the pączki that still had steam flowing from the top. "Maybe I am." He mumbled sweetly, kissing Janusz's cheek to satisfy some urge before he felt the need to kiss him more.

But luckily Janusz understood the assignment and met Logan's lips without a word, the taste of strawberry jam releasing all the endorphins in Logan's brain just like it did on their wedding day. Every kiss was beautiful when it came to these two.

Logan's eyes were still closed when Janusz left his lips and the hug he had started, and when Logan opened his eyes again he was treated to Janusz holding a plate of pączki with his beautiful, glowing, brown eyes. "Kocham cię." The man chirped, unfortunately not letting a pet name slip in the same breath. But Logan took the pączki anyway and hummed happily once he took his first bite. "Don't burn your tongue jedyna moja."

"Did you just call me your 'only one'?" Janusz couldn't help but nod when he saw Logan's cheek become as red as the jam he was eating. Even after three years neither man could fully believe they had each other forever - and they could do anything with their lives. They could move to Janusz's native Wrocław or Logan's native Lyon or possibly a completely new country so they could learn yet another language together. They might have kids, might not, the kid would have to be raised around French, Polish and English so that might be too much for them. They were both just happy they had each other.

Logan and Janus kissed each other again, letting them just taste each other in peace for a moment before Logan felt compelled to speak in a quiet whisper. "I think pączki does indeed solve everything mon choupinet. Je t'aime."