(132) To Be Twins - Logicality (with Anxceit, PattonxEmile and Creativitwins)

Summary: Logan is a twin of a very excitable Patton, adopted by two young men called Virgil and Janus. After years of growing up together Patton passes the blessing of being a close twin onto two young boys that need it.

TW - Internal acephobia from our aro-ace nerdy boi :)

Words: 2290 (I need to stop writing these long one-shots otherwise I'd get carried away XD)

"Logan! Lo-Lo!" Four year old Patton ran into the toy room after having a special chat with 'the adults' that were taking care of him and his brother while their parents couldn't, shouting at the top of his lungs and vibrating. Patton's twin, the quieter Logan, raised his head from his Legos with a raised eyebrow. "Mr Janus says he's gonna adopt us!"

"Really?" Logan tilted his head, a small smile coming on his face. Mr Janus was the children's lawyer (although they didn't know that big word) that had been by their side throughout all the court meetings and interviews, he was pretty much like their father even though they had known their foster parents for the same amount of time. He was super nice to both of them.

"Mhm! He gave me a book of photos!" Patton collapsed next to his brother with a giant book, bigger than the ones the little nerd liked to try to read when his brother was being entertained by more age-appropriate toys.

The book opened to show a collage of Mr Janus - apart from he had another strange man with him. "Who's that?" Logan chirped, bringing a thumb to his mouth as he concentrated on all the photos. In most of the photos Mr Janus wasn't in his posh suit that Logan liked, he looked more relaxed. He looked like a real human. This new person was dressed in much more relaxed clothing though, usually in black or purple hoodies and jeans or sweatpants.

"That's Mr Janus' husband! He's apparently called Virgil and he draws comics for the newspaper!" Of course Patton was smiling wide at that, he was an artist so really wanted someone that would help him draw better. Logan annoyingly still couldn't hold a pencil right. But before Logan could respond quick enough Patton started screaming again when he saw the eyes of a Boston terrier. "They have a puppy too!"

Logan was smiling wide as his brother admired all the photos. Mr Janus was nice so hopefully Virgil was too, and hopefully both men were good readers since that's all that mattered for Logan to view either people as parents. And Logan didn't want the dog to bark too much.

*****

Logan woke up from his sleep slowly, stroking Raccoon the dog that had stolen his bed as he started to arrive back into the world. Looming over him was Patton, his twin, with a slightly worried expression. "What's the matter?"

"Can we go stargazing?" Patton chirped, hugging his chest and keeping his voice low as the boys' parents had just fallen asleep (since Virgil was an insomniac and Janus loves night-cuddles). 'Stargazing' was a sort of code word for the twins at this point - since they started middle school the pair had started to stargaze when one of them was stressed and needed to vent. The first time they did it Virgil found them and tried to force a strict bedtime timetable, but eventually he let them bond.

Patton and Logan lay down together in the garden, Raccoon walking back and forth between them sniffing around. The grass was slightly wet and was soaking into their pyjamas but neither teen minded. "So... Do you want the constellation app?" Logan turned on his phone so that he could use the app that helped him identify stars (or so he could receive texts).

"Are you excited to start high school Logie?" Patton mumbled, just looking at the stars glowing and trying to hide the fear in his voice. Logan just shrugged. School was just a process for him: listen to the teacher, get high grades, move onto the next class. He knew a lot of random facts and preferred learning independent of the school curriculum. The only reason he stayed in public school was so that he could spend all day with his brother. But now it was the summer before freshman year and Logan was getting his first taste of slight excitement.