(76) I Can't 'Make' You Gay - Dukexiety

Summary: Remus used to be an evil homophobic bully with his main victim being the homosexual outcast Virgil. Things changed though - and they changed for the better.

TW - Homophobia, worry about people finding out you're gay, the word 'twink', slight bullying, and becomes a little smutty near the end XD - Tell me if there's more

Words: 3045 (another long one)

"You're brave!"

"I'm brave!"

Remus and his daughter Dawn stood outside the little girl's kindergarten classroom on her first day of class, screaming at each other about how brave they were. The father was excited for this moment - maybe too excited as parents around him were giving him a confused and slightly annoyed glance. He couldn't help but be excited for his daughter though as she stood outside her classroom with her black hair in pigtails and a wide smile on his face.

The teacher soon started to call all kindergarteners into the classroom. This moment was why Remus' husband couldn't drop their daughter off today - Dawn was slowly realising she had to say goodbye for a few hours and was tearing up. "Hey, hey, emotions are valid but no tears right now. Didn't you say you're brave?"

While Remus would love to have his princess in his arms for the whole day he had to let go. Dawn sniffled but with a few encouraging words she made her way into the classroom with a smile on her face. Remus was almost crying seeing that.

"Wait - Remus Koshaku! Oh I haven't seen you since high school!" A woman's voice dragged Remus out of his proud father mode with a voice he was worried about hearing again saying a surname he no longer went by. "Which one's yours?" The woman said excitedly, glancing into the classroom and waving at a kid that looked an awful lot like her which was tearing the place down. Remus didn't speak - only pointed at Dawn who was playing tea party with another kid. "Wow Party Central Remus has a daughter! Her mother must be one lucky lady."

"She is." Remus hated pronouns when he had to use them wrong. This was one of the few people he couldn't tell that he was married to a man. That he was gay. And that he married someone he hated with a passion in high school.

*****

Remus was sat with his friends outside of school, chewing gum and chatting about what lessons they should skip to get fast food and/or some alcohol for their first party of the school year the next week. "Pff looks like Mr Gay tried to have a glow up." One of Remus' friends chuckled in his fake low voice, a cheerleader over his shoulder as the group watched the most notorious bottle of nerves in their grade.

As he was surrounded both sides Remus had to duck his head to avoid people seeing his heated cheeks, pretending to glance at the time on his phone. Virgil did in fact have a slight glow up since sophomore year. His hair used to look like it never touched a brush but now he looked as though he learnt how to style it - and the tips were dyed a neon purple. Instead of covering himself with his hoodie he was wearing a simple purple t-shirt... And he had gone to the gym. That image would never leave Remus' mind.

This seemed like a typical gay love story but Remus was not going to let it be. He unleashed his anger over the way Virgil controlled him quickly, storming over and shoving past anyone that was in his way. He reached Virgil and glared ready to punch if he needed to.

"Came to suck my dick gay-boy?" Remus growled, face to face with Virgil. In freshman and sophomore year Virgil learnt to cower and silence once he heard Remus' question but this time he stood straight, raised an eyebrow, crossed his arms, and smirked softly. "What - you actually thinking about it?" Remus tried to laugh but he was rendered to silence by Virgil's glare.