(160) Little Scientist - Prinxiety and Child Logan

Summary: Logan is an absolute nerd. We already knew that.

A/N - I'm also working on the second one-shot book (maybe? It's just some plots that don't fit here) - I was thinking technically a one-shot is meant to be an entire story in one chapter, but I usually aim for 1000 words and if the story is longer I make it a 2 or 3 parter. Do you guys like it like that? Or do you prefer the longer chapters (2000+) with a whole plot?

Words 1269 (hehe)

Roman had just finished work and had just logged onto Netflix, ready to relax and forget about the day he just had to endure. Dealing with middle schoolers could suck the daylights out of anyone but especially someone openly and proudly gay unfortunately. That's why he loved living with introverts that could happily entertain themselves when Roman needed to rewind.

And Roman had completely turned off until he felt a tap on his shoulder from none other than his amazing husband Virgil. "Logan's being so fucking adorable babe you gotta look at what he's doing." Virgil whispered, trying to contain the excitement in his voice at their son purely existing and vibing. Everything he did was adorable to his parents.

Logan was almost a middle schooler himself but had yet to develop the snark Roman dealt with five days a week. He was just like Virgil used to be - quiet and nerdy and passionate about learning for the sake of learning. Virgil dedicated that learning power to memorising Brothers Grimm novels though while Logan was sure he wanted to be a doctor or scientist.

"Where is he?" Roman whispered back, pecking Virgil's lips and smiling like an idiot too at the fact their son existed. Virgil couldn't stop looking into his husband's glowing eyes as he grabbed his lover's hand and dragged him upstairs. Logan's bedroom door was wide open to reveal his dark blue starry paradise, and Logan was stood beside his desk surrounded by dozens of half-empty Crofters jars. Both Logan and Roman adored Crofters. "What are you doing there buddy?" Roman cooed, slowly walking into his son's bedroom to peer closer at what the boy was doing. The elementary schooler had a bowl in the middle of all his jars and pieces of scribbled paper all around the small desk he owned.

But Logan looked up when he heard his father and smiled gleefully at the concoction he was stirring with a wooden spoon. "You're not meant to see! I'm making the perfect jam for you!" And Logan seemed utterly concentrated on making his jam, his tongue stuck out to the side as he poured exact proportions of a raspberry and loganberry jam. How were Virgil and Roman so blessed with this cutie?

"Can I have a taste test first or is that dedicated for the final result?" Logan shook his head and pouted, dusting the jam juices off on the lab coat Roman managed to steal from a coworker's classroom, and fixing the science goggles that were also stolen, before writing some more numbers on the papers. It felt like yesterday Virgil and Roman were teaching their baby boy how to write his numbers with all his fingers tied around the pen due to his lack of dexterity. And soon he'll be a raging teenager too stroppy to make these special yummy goos for his dad.

Logan making little science experiments for his fathers was by no means new though, ever since he could be left alone independently he was obsessed with collecting and mixing and building anything his fathers would be proud of - and Roman and Virgil were always proud.

"How about I have a taste test to be your assistant?" Virgil spoke gently and kneeled the other side of Logan's shoulder, slowly preparing his finger to dip into the jam but preparing for his priers to be swatted away. But apparently Virgil was trusted with the oh-so-secret jam formula and was given a spoon to take a 'very small bite' of Logan's masterpiece. "Oh thank you!" Virgil gasped before taking a bite and raising his eyes in excitement. "This is delicious Logan! You're a real food connoisseur in the making."

"Nah I'm a scientist." Logan responded proudly with his cute smirk when he felt smart about things. Roman and Virgil constantly worked to keep that smirk a constant in Logan's life to boost his confidence. He was an amazing scientist in the making. "Food connie-see-saw's sounds like something Patton wants to be."

Roman's heart exploded from cuteness yet again whenever Logan mentioned his childhood friend Patton. They had been best friends since first grade, just like Roman and Virgil had been long ago, and Patton was the light of Logan's life. He was happy and positive about everything and was as obsessed with cooking as Logan was with science. During late nights Virgil and Roman often joked that in twenty years Patton and Logan would be living together as a chef and academic scientist. Not that they were pushing a particular sexuality on their son of course - they just recognised the certain glow of love in Patton's eyes whenever the pair got off the school bus together.

"What's your findings for the perfect type of jam?" Roman laughed, both fathers sat on the black carpet beside their son as Roman tried to read all the scribbled Logan had seemingly spent hours and hours on. He definitely didn't have that attention span at ten years old.

"Well, your favourite flavours have strawberry and raspberry but they also have blackcurrant which you don't like on its own. So I'm looking through strawberry and raspberry and every non-red bit I see I put into my bowl that has blackberry and blueberry. We share loganberry too since you liked it enough to name me after it..." Logan babbled on and on about all the fruits he was working with while both his parents were watching him fondly, absolutely adoring every word their baby was saying like it was the last words he would speak. "I was also thinking of putting some loganberry in the shampoo I'm making for Dada too!"

Virgil woke up from that and cocked his eyebrow in a laugh, surprised he was getting a gift from Logan's science experiments too. The elementary schooler had been quizzing Virgil on his favourite smells recently and had asked his father to take him to the mall sometime soon with Patton to 'collect some science equipment', but he just thought it was Logan's random questions again. "Am I getting a present too?"

"Mhm! You said you needed a new shampoo."

Without a second thought Virgil grabbed his son into a hug, making him yelp and fix his glasses before giggling. Logan was attacked with a million of Virgil's kisses and blown raspberries on his cheeks, and of course soon Roman had to join in too. The cuddle fest was a bit harder to contain with a ten year old compared to the cute three year old Logan was years back but he still seemed so receptive of all the love. But eventually Logan wrangled out and returned back to his jam.

"It's done!" Logan shouted triumphantly after a few minutes, where his dads were watching his stir and mix with their arms around each other. The new mixture was gently poured into a glass container labelled 'Roman' in slightly crude letters, and the jar was handed to said father. "You can eat it now."

So that's what Roman did. He took a spoon from the dark blue desk and shovelled as much as he could, then he took a bite. And Logan was a genius. "Lo this is delicious! You're the Einstein of Crofters!" That proud smirk appeared on Logan's face again and he sat opposite his dads with a grin, blue bowl in hand he was going to lick clean like a toddler. And Virgil was overjoyed watching the two loves in his life happily eating jam like a needed nutrient while Virgil watched and fell in love with both of them even more.