(67) From Norway to You - Analogical

Summary: Logan travels a lot for work and most of the time Virgil joins him. This time however in unique - the couple are preparing to be matched with their child.

Loosely based on the last one but it's adorable.

Words: 1201

"Anything new to report?" Logan said to his iPad that was on FaceTime with his partner. There was some seafood frying in front of him and pasta boiling in the other, lots of noise but it still felt quiet. He missed holding Virgil, or being held by Virgil - either would do. Alas, he was far away from his partner at the moment. He was in a different city in a different country. He was renting a one-bedroom apartment in Oslo, Norway for the few weeks it took to negotiate with this finance manager that could become a shareholder for the company he worked at.

He could see Virgil wipe his eyes and yawn slightly, a smile still on his face looking at his lover even if it was through a laptop screen. It was midday for him and early evening for Logan - Virgil wasn't an early waker. "Not much of the day has happened yet. I've only been up for two hours."

Logan desired to reach over and kiss Virgil's pretty pink lips, but he couldn't when there was an entire ocean between them. "What are you having for lunch?"

Virgil was shuffling about which Logan assumed was because it was lunchtime. The hoodie wearer appeared on the screen again with a packet of chips. If Logan was there he would snatch the salty snack from his lover's pale fingers and give him a kiss before making something nutritious. "Honey... Chips aren't a lunch food."

"You can't tell me off from four and a half thousand miles away." He said with his mouth full. That was true, but Logan was definitely going to be in charge of meal plans when he gets back. Speaking of which... "When are you coming back Sherlock? I miss you."

"Soon baby. There's a meeting tomorrow evening to see the finance manager's final verdict and then I'm back for around four to six months until I see the London investor." Virgil pouted, and Logan wanted to hold those cheeks and kiss that pout away (even though that pout was also covered by salty potatoes). Sometimes Logan hated that he had to travel so much for his job, but it was high paying and usually Virgil was allowed to come too. There were so many photos of the couple together all over the world. The only reason Virgil wasn't with him this time was... something that made Logan blush and giggle every time he remembered, they were preparing to be parents.

Their social worker was surprised with the amount Logan travelled for work, but he assured her that their kid would be their biggest priority and they'd enjoy a life of adventures and learning and love. Ever since the couple decided they were going to adopt wherever they went they thought of attractions their family would enjoy or activities they'd do with the kid/kids. They were so excited to be parents.

That reminded Logan of the market he visited that day, just a small set-up that he could walk through between meetings. There he found a kids' stall. There were books but most were in Norwegian, a few very small baby toys and onesies but Logan and Virgil were planning to adopt an older child. He still couldn't help looking through all the baby clothes before eventually landing on a small teddy with a 'I love Oslo' t-shirt. With his broken Norwegian he managed to buy it and was preparing to take it home for whatever kid comes into their house and calls him and his lover Dad (or whatever name they preferred to say).

A knock from a door distracted Logan from his thoughts (he could be in his thoughts freely when around Virgil, they both loved silence). He turned to see if it was the door to his apartment knocking but then turned to the iPad to see Virgil had disappeared again. "Who's at the door sweet?" Logan turned off all the hobs and sat directly in front of the screen with his meal. Virgil emerged again with a few letters, sifting through them until his eyes widened at one. 

"The adoption agency..." He whispered, probably trying to hide his excitement but not managing to hide his wide smile. "Didn't the social worker say we'd get a letter when they suggest a kid to us?"

Logan nodded as his mouth was full of scallop - he wasn't the type to talk with his mouth full like his lovely partner. "Indeed." He said once he finished his mouthful. Virgil quickly tore open the letter (instead of using the letter opener that was left on the cupboard by the front door for this instance). "What does it say?"

Virgil's smile revealed everything - it was soft and beautiful. His smiles were either smirks or wide goofy smiles with no in between. Again, Logan wanted to hold the face in front of him but he had to wait another day or two. The suspense to see what Virgil was reading was impossible to stay calm about so he had to smile.

"Aw Lo he's adorable!" Virgil squeaked, the pronoun indicating they were offered someone who identified as male or somewhat androgynous. The paper was turned to show Logan the picture of said 'adorable' person but because of the FaceTime quality it just looked like a circular happy brown eyed being. After a second more reading Virgil gasped - very theatrical and probably learnt from their mutual friend Roman. "Guess his name love..."

This was a new challenge, and one that was impossible to win. The question didn't need to be answered though as once Logan tilted his head Virgil blurted out the answer. "It's Ossy! And guess what it's short for..." Again that question didn't need to be answered as Virgil was giggling like a schoolboy looking at the picture of their son. "Oslo! Sweetheart, he's adorable!"

And so was Virgil in that moment. Logan found himself just staring at his husband with wide pupils and a cheek leaning on his fist. His food was probably getting cold with how lovestruck he was at that moment. He was having a son with this man in front of him separated through two screens.

"He's nine; likes basketball, soccer and drawing; wants to adventure and would love to be an animal rescuer when he's older." He could hear Virgil's heart break in cuteness as his cheeks became red. "I love him already."

"I love him too." Logan mumbled. He'd have to wait before he could get purely excited by holding his husband and the reality of being a father soon would set in. "And I love you my star."

Virgil scoffed and smirked at his husband, rolling his eyes to hide the love in every cell of them. "You better not be running off to London in a few months. You have the responsibility of a son now." Logan chuckled - he was already imagining showing his son the world and thinking of the family pictures they'd take.

When Logan returned to America he couldn't let Virgil go. And when he finally met Ossy that teddy seemed to make a lot of sense. He sure did love Oslo.