(117) The Party - Intrulogical

Summary: Logan and Remus have a teen daughter together who's exploring the world and gaining independence. Logan is struggling to let his baby go.

I don't know if this is a cultural parenting thing but in the UK it's pretty normal for teens to start going to house parties with drinking at 14/15. Also healthy communication is key.

Words: 1106

Logan stuffed his laptop and last notebook in his bag, enjoying the quiet of after-dinner that arrived in the household when all the members were too tired to talk to each other. The clock had just hit 7pm and he needed to be on base by 7:30pm - luckily it was only a short drive away. "I'm heading to The Pride babe for my report." Logan smiled at his husband and kissed his forehead as he watched TV with their eldest daughter Bella. He was a reporter and his latest news-story was about the gay nightclub scene post-pandemic so what his lover said next wasn't surprising.

"I can come with to give you some entertainment."

Remus' smile was sinister and adorable, and brought Logan back to his college days when the two of them would go to nightclubs together and dance and kiss the night away. Now the two husbands were in their early fifties and had two teen girls to raise - not that they regretted a bit of it. Well, maybe Remus missed just going to clubs instead of being a club promoter.

"I'm off too." Logan's youngest daughter, fifteen year old Molly, trotted down the stairs in a tartan skater skirt, horizontal black and white striped undershirt and a graphic t-shirt with knee high boots. Before she could reach the front door Remus stopped her with a shout.

"Where are you going Molly-Moo?" Remus smiled at his daughter, obviously approving of his daughter's outfit as it's a similar style to what he used to wear back in the day. Molly came back into the living room and gave his fathers a twirl.

Logan's mind was automatically transported to ten years ago when he watched his baby girl twirl in the princess dresses she got repeatedly every Christmas and birthday. She used to love them and dress as a different princess everyday, and her fathers and older sister were happy to play along. She was their baby - especially since they first adopted her as a newborn.

"Just going to Jackie's birthday party!" She cheered, ruffling her brown bob under her beanie before walking to the kitchen. "Can I take a few drinks?"

"There's soda in the fridge baby girl." Logan rushed to the kitchen too, retrieving some Diet Coke from the top shelf but the teen seemed to ignore it. She instead went straight to the wine cupboard and inspected it. Panic started to set in. "Hey, hey, Molly! What are you doing?"

Molly looked disgusted as the wine was dragged out of her gloved hands by the worried father. "It's a house party Dad! I have to bring something to drink!" She moaned, stomping her foot and looking like the little toddler Logan viewed her as still.

"You're underage." Logan responded sternly, pushing the soft drinks closer to her daughter just as Remus walked in. Remus smiled softly at his stroppy teenager and went straight to Logan, stroking his back as he locked the wine cupboard. "Will people be drinking at Jackie's? It's completely irresponsible you've made friends like this... Have you drunk before? Have you done drugs? I can't believe my little girl would be so stupid as to put herself in danger like tha-."

"Honey, honey, calm down..." Remus immediately but into Logan's argument with their teen daughter, holding his shoulders and keeping his gaze. They didn't have to speak but they still communicated that it was time for Remus to take over. "Molly." Remus' voice became strict as he faced his daughter. "We're not going to trust you to drink responsibly if you strop like a toddler." Molly immediately uncrossed her arms and stopped pouting. "How can we trust you to have your first drink out of the house responsibly?"

"Because you let Bella do it!"

Remus brought his pointer finger to his lips to indicate for Molly to watch her tone. As well as being a reporter and previous party animal Logan was a good debater and public speaker - both men wanted their young women to inherit the skill of speaking and persuading calmly.

"I let Bella do it last summer because she's seventeen and she had her friends over for pre-drinks before leaving. We felt she was safe." Bella was a senior, also Logan's princess, but he was more used to the idea of her growing up as she was a high school senior and very close-knit with her fathers. Molly had always been rebellious. "What will you do to keep safe while we're not watching over you?"

Molly sighed and sat on a nearby barstool, trying to think of everything she could logically do. And she'd do it. She knew her dads just wanted the best for her and loved her deeply. "I won't get into any cars - and y'all can pick me up. I'll stay at Jackie's and leave the party relatively early. How does 10pm sound?"

"I would have gone for 11pm but you drive a good deal." Remus smiled, hearing Logan behind him open his mouth only for a squeak and then close his mouth again. "Stay by Jackie at all times and don't trust any man, woman, or anything in between or outside of those proximities with your drink." After that Remus reached into the fridge to get a low-ABV gin and gave it to her along with some Sprite. "Go on sugar."

Molly hugged both her dads and ran out enthusiastically with drinks in hand and shouting about how she'll update her dads every hour and call them when she's ready to go home or if she's in trouble.

When the door slammed Logan sighed to himself and grabbed his book bag. It was 7:10pm. "Promise she'll be safe?" He managed to whisper, Remus' round freckled face in his vision again. The man kissed his husband's forehead and tightened his tie.

"I promise she'll come home safe and with a new experience. The worst it would be is a little negative but then she'll know what to do next time." Remus was so attractive when he calmed Logan down and got him to try new things. Remus' arms lay on Logan's shoulders and Logan's hands were on his hips... It was all too tempting to stay home for the night. "Shouldn't you get to work nerd-face?"

The only answer was communicated via a soft kiss, that lasted a lot longer that it should've been, until the TV was turned off and two footsteps were heard making hot chocolate in the kitchen.

Bella rolled her eyes and took a shot of hot chocolate powder. She would like to pretend walking in on her dads totally distracted making out wasn't normal - but it really was. At least it proved they were in love after all these years.

"Thanks for preparing me for college dads."