(169) *Requested* The Mathlete Competition - Platonic Moceit

Summary: Patton and Janus are two parents raising their sixth grade son Logan as friends rather than partners. They're still interested in each other's lives but sometimes the world seems a little too small.

Take this as a non-kinky '69' chapter XD.

Part 2 of PattonsCatOnesie's requests - requests are still open!

Words: 1547

"You better show those nerds what for!" Patton chirped as he helped his son fix his mathletes tie, pretending like he had any idea what this competition entailed. It was Logan's first mathletes competition and he was beyond excited - this hobby was just a little different than what Patton expected when he found out he was welcoming a son. He thought he'd be putting a helmet on his son for a football game but he was beyond happy he was just fixing a tie to prepare his son for around an hour or two of shouting equations at other pre-teens in a warm gymnasium.

"Where's Dad?" Logan quietly asked once his tie was fixed, looking around the car park for the yellow beetle his other father owned. "Didn't he say he'd be here?"

Patton nonchalantly checked his phone again for a text beyond the 'driving now' Janus sent ten minutes ago. "He's coming sweetie, he was just caught up with work." In that moment the yellow beetle came into the car park and parked erratically, and out of it emerged a tall, dark haired man in a dark suit. Logan's face visibly lightened seeing his other father.

"Hey bud! Looks like I got here just in time." Janus shouted as soon as he was in hearing distance, watching his pre-teen son run away to a teacher that wanted to give the mathletes a pep-talk before they started the competition. It took a few minutes for Janus to catch his breath as he panted to Patton. "How's things been Pat?"

Janus and Patton hadn't lived together since Logan was in kindergarten. They started as high school sweethearts and once Janus graduated law school they received Logan via a surrogate. But they soon realised they had different goals in life - with Janus wanting to work hard as a lawyer and move back to the city and Patton wanting to run a home daycare and eventually move to the countryside to live the cottage-core dream. They ended their relationship kindly and since then just became best friends raising an amazing son.

"Oh, everything's much the same. I showed you Logie's report card didn't I?" Janus smiled softly as the parents sat near the back of the bleachers. The two middle school teams had two tables each, and there was a math teacher in the middle to give questions and answers. Logan's team was in black and blue and were named the Saint Crofters' Team, representing the small town middle school Logan attended. Their competition was a red and green team called Prince's Academy - apparently the local middle school for Janus' area of residence as the lawyer claimed.

All the middle schoolers were chatting amongst each other, only silent when the teacher said a question that most parents would have forgotten how to solve themselves. Logan was leading his team, and the other team seemed to be led by two identical twins with brown hair and black eyes. Janus and Patton watched the competition with only whispering every once in a while.

Until Janus' eyes widened. "Oooh shit!"

Patton raised an eyebrow as Janus covered his pinking face, seemingly trying to hide from the crowd by ducking down and into a ball. "Everything alright Jan?"

"You remember that blind date I went on last week?" Janus mumbled through his hands, groaning slightly as he finished the question. Patton nodded, reminding himself about the excited texts he got from his best friend about this cute guy he met through a mutual friend. "Those two kids on the other team look just like him."