(77) Sharing Parents - Logince

Summary: Logan and Roman are a blended family with two kids - previously raising one kid each. When they moved in together they believed their kids, who were best friends before siblings, would adjust to the change well. One of them didn't though.

This is based off my previous fanfic 'Love Isn't Conditional' but I made the kids non-Sides as I write way too much kid Virgil XD

Words: 1191

Logan would never forget spotting those glowing baby blue eyes he saw in a news article about a premature baby abandoned in the NICU. They just had so much hope and optimism in them so even though he was single and young (in his mid-twenties) he adopted the newborn baby.

That baby was now grown and named Cherish. Well, grown by four years. She was always a nervous child, probably as Logan took her absolutely everywhere including his receptionist job. Hugs and playing games together was daily until nine months ago when Logan fell in love with his boss' son - a recently divorced father who loved to stay at home and take care of Cherish as well as his son, who became Cherish's best friend.

Roman waltzed into his and his boyfriend's bedroom and gave Logan, who was hunched over the desk looking at emails, a kiss on the cheek. "Is it nap time soon Sherlock?" He whispered, a reassuring hand on his boyfriend's shoulder. Logan sighed and leaned against him.

"I just have two more emails and then I'm done for the day, can you manage nap time without me?" While Logan felt uncomfortable asking his boyfriend to take care of two hectic four year olds Roman didn't mind. Roman was so good with kids, Cherish also fell in love with him as a father figure as soon as they met.

Roman nodded and left the room after a chaste kiss. This meant Logan could fully concentrate on the emails he had to do. He could hear Roman's sing-songy voice under his ASAP-Science playlist promise the children lullabies and bedtime stories. He listened to their giggles and smiled softly at his laptop screen...

Until he heard Cherish's scream and cry.

"Wow, wow, wow... What's wrong Cherry?" Roman was knelt down in front of Cherish when Logan ran down the stairs, a scared look plastered all over his face at Cherish's sudden outburst. Roman's son, Abraham (but called Abbey by everyone as Roman wasn't that posh), stayed by Cherish's side and tried giving her a hug but she was pushing everybody away.

But when Logan knelt beside her and whispered, she stopped screaming. "Cherish? Can you please tell me what's the matter?"

Cherish sniffled, anger in her facial expression but sadness overrunning it. She clutched her cat teddy spider to her chest and looked at Roman, then Abbey, and then Logan. "I know you don't love me anymore Dad." She said simply. A slight pout was on her face as Logan's heart broke in two. Of course he loves his daughter - why would she think otherwise?

"Kiddo I do love you. You're my little girl." Logan managed to utter out - honestly confused what to say. He didn't want to harm their relationship and convince her otherwise.

"But you love Abbey and other Dad more. I know you do."

Cherish had called Roman her 'other Dad' ever since she and Abbey spotted their two fathers making out on the living room sofa. Logan knew not to push it as did Roman, but she seemed to desire another father figure and Roman filled that. He filled that until now it seems.

Logan sighed softly, widening his arms to let Cherish go in for a hug if she wanted to. She did and leaned there for a few seconds as she continued to sniffle. "You're my daughter, I adore you. You were my family for four years." Roman and Abbey went upstairs - knowing it was best for Cherish to stay with the other father who, even though he tried not to, had been more pre-occupied with work and his new boyfriend than his emotional and clingy daughter. "Do you want me to help you with nap time?" He cooed, and Cherish nodded excitedly.

So Logan scooped up his daughter and gave her a cuddle. He did miss this, even though he'd avoided being a father for quite long. Holding Cherish reminded him of when he could fit his daughter's entire body in his arms, she would only drink warm milk and spit out anything she wouldn't like. She'd chew on all of Logan's ties so he constantly wore blue ties with wet spit at the end. Cherish was adorable - and growing up too fast.

Roman was singing Abbey to bed when Logan walked in holding Cherish. Cherish was almost asleep so all Logan did was smile at his boyfriend, placing his daughter into her pink princess bed and giving her a kiss on the forehead. Just in case she wasn't completely asleep yet Logan read to her using her favourite bedtime story. Abbey (who was never a light sleeper) woke up slightly to listen to the story too and whisper ways he'd be a better hero or villain.

The door closed silently to let both toddlers nap in the dark room. "Is Cherry OK?" Roman said still in a whisper. Logan nodded looking back at the toddlers' room still with concern.

"This is difficult on her." He said simply, stuffing his hands in his pockets and glancing at Roman before looking away. Roman sighed. He wanted to hold Logan's hand but that was now hidden - all the body language Roman knew about his boyfriend told him that Logan was worried. 

"I mean I agree it's a lot." That was all Roman could think of saying before he went into a ramble of self blame. After all, he did move in pretty quickly into the relationship. Straight after his and Logan's first kiss in fact - when they decided to be boyfriends Roman and Abbey moved into Logan's house the next day. "But... We can get through it of course - right?"

Roman would hate it if he was broken up with now. He really had the perfect life with a man he absolutely adored (not as much as his son though). Luckily Logan nodded with a smile and cupped his boyfriend's cheeks to kiss him. And Roman loved Logan's kisses.

"I need to organise a day out with Cherry tomorrow - is that alright with you?" Logan chirped, his eyes glowing as he thought of his daughter. Tomorrow was one of Logan's few days off - and usually on days off the two boyfriends would sleep in and relax together, make sure their kids get adequate food and activity together, and then drop the kids off at their grandparents for the evening so they could go on a dinner date. Sometimes they'd take both kids for days out but always together. Each parent never really had time for each kid alone.

Roman laced his arms around Logan's waist in a hug and gave him another kiss. "Of course sweetheart, I'll take Abbey somewhere separate too. We'll spend more time with our kids."

After another few kisses and cuddles both four year olds awoke from their nap. They played together happily, Logan joining in with Roman instead of answering his emails. He'd only be a father to four year old Cherish for a year after all - and that year was coming more to an end by every second.