(17) Working - Analogical

Summary: Logan overworks and accidentally shouts at his son. Virgil has to take him to the naughty step because of his behaviour of course.

I don't know if 'naughty steps' are a British discipline thing but yeah... I always wanted to send my parents to the naughty step as a child.

Sounds like smut, but trust me it's not.

Words: 1544

Logan was sat in his dark bedroom with his laptop in front of him, scrolling through dozens and dozens of emails. He had taken a break from work the week previous with his husband and his son, they had travelled across state and stayed at a hotel just for a small get away. But now his holiday was over and he was sat in front of the consequence - emails to answer. He had been working to catch up all day as they got back home late last night, and he was only halfway through.

A part of Logan's brain identified the noise of his son and his husband coming home. His son, Toby, was giggling and shouting. He had been to Kindergarten the entire day and he loved education just like his father. Virgil was cheering him on, the happiness in his voice immediately stood out to Logan and made him smile. He remembered when that joy was a rarity for the hoodie wearer.

"Daddy!" Toby screamed and ran into the bedroom, holding a now crumpled piece of paper. He saw his favourite father in front of his laptop, glaring angrily at his work instead of at him. But Toby didn't mind getting his Dad's attention though. It happened a lot but he always looked away from his work if his son wanted him. "Daddy, look at my drawing!"

"Not right now Tob..." Logan mumbled, typing another email instead of turning his head. "Daddy's busy."

"But I did a drawing!" Toby whined. He had worked all day on this drawing and wanted love for it. Next step was to get in front of his Dad's face. Toby tried to climb on Logan's lap, finding a gap between his arms and trying to keep his balance. "Look! It's us!" He was about to unravel his drawing before he was placed on the floor again by his father.

"I'm busy. Go show Papi your art." Logan tried to speak gently just as he saw another email come in, a reply of one just sent. Usually he'd think he was blessed by the Gods to have such a quick reply but this time he was descending further and further into Hell.

"I've already shown him! It's your turn to look!" Toby tried again to get on Logan's lap, making Logan grumble. As another email came in - flooding his inbox again - Logan finally lost his temper. "I'm proud of it!"

"I'm busy Toby can't you see?" Logan shouted, pointing towards the inbox that was full again. Toby didn't understand what Logan was pointing at and that began to upset him as he was carried off his father's lap again. "I'm trying to get my work done I..." Just as Toby was placed on the floor Logan looked at him - and immediately the guilt set in. Seeing his little boy with tear filled eyes trying to go into a ball upset Logan too. "Wait... Toby..."

Toby ran off before allowing his father to speak, crying loudly and shouting for his Papi. Logan turned back to his laptop to try and hide his tears, watching the email he was midway through typing before deciding he'd had enough for today. He logged off and turned his laptop off, putting the screen down and sighing just as Virgil ran in and closed the door.

"Explain." Virgil snapped quietly, his voice monotone. Logan just sighed and covered his face with his hands, trying not to cry even though it was obvious he wanted to. Virgil also sighed and walked towards him, standing behind his chair. "Have you been looking at emails all day babe?" He whispered, leaning down so his voice tickled the inside of Logan's right ear. But he nodded, pretending not to be seduced by his husband's words and closeness. "Oh, Logie..." Virgil's hands landed on his husband's shoulders and began to massage. And that was Logan's weakness. Virgil worked at a spa as a massage therapist so he gave the best massages in the universe. Logan treated it as an addictive substance. When Logan uncovered his face and a smile escaped his lips Virgil stopped the tough but relaxing movements, smirking to himself. "Now you need your punishment."

Logan opened one of his closed eyes with a confused giggle. "Is that meant to be sexual or..." Logan thought he had learnt everything about human behaviour, not via experience but via books, and sometimes Virgil turned that on its head. But instead of a kiss he was greeted by a soft smack on the cheek.

"Nope, come with me." Virgil grabbed his husband's hand and pulled him to stand up, then left the room and began walking. The pair held hands and walked down the stairs - finally stopping at the final step where he was ushered to stop before reaching the floor. Toby was peering on the edge of the sofa with a small smile. "Sit on the naughty step sweetheart." Virgil cooed before sitting on the back on the sofa with his feet dangling. Logan did as he was told with no complaint.

"How long am I on the naughty step Stormy?" Logan smiled, feeling absolutely in love. Both members of his family was watching him with such a wide smile that he couldn't help but play along.

"No speaking too! You've been a very naughty boy!"

Toby's smile became wider hearing that and giggled, turning on the TV to Nightmare Before Christmas - a movie on constantly in Logan's house. And even though he was instructed to stay on the step every bone in his body was wanting to stand close to Virgil again - wrap his arms around him and kiss him until neither of them had any sense. 

"As for how long you're on the naughty step..." Virgil contemplated, turning to their son for some advice. Toby looked so proud of himself now it was his Dad receiving the punishment, and Logan wouldn't mind that look staying forever. "How long do you think kiddo?"

"10 weeks!" Toby cheered in response, hopping off the sofa and finding another toy to distract him. Logan could remember cradling his son close to his chest and now he was walking around being independent and taking care of himself - just watching his son grow made Logan wonder whether he and his husband should adopt a little brother or sister for him. When Virgil giggled Logan smiled even more, melting into a puddle at his husband's tones.

"Maybe 10 minutes..." Virgil jumped off the sofa himself, wondering over to Logan nonchalantly as if he didn't know every fragment of a movement caused Logan to lose more and more of the few ounces of control he already had. "Is that alright with you babe?" Virgil knelt opposite him, his head slightly tilted and his hair bopping as he leant down. Logan nodded quickly. "Good..." Then Virgil leant closer, his lips touching Logan's, but resisted giving into the force.

"I'm sorry honey..." Logan mumbled, trying to chase his husband's lips while sitting. He knew he didn't need to apologise to his husband for anything. But Virgil being so charismatic and seductive and resisting his kisses was absolute torture. Of course Virgil most likely knew that, it was part of his punishment.

"I'm not the person you should apologise to." Virgil whispered back, also finding Logan's pleading irresistible at the moment but giving in for the sake of his son. But to not further tempt him he stood and walked away, getting distracted by the TV to let his husband speak.

"Hey, Toby, I'm sorry little guy." Logan got his son's attention from the step, smiling and beckoning his son over. Toby ran over happily and crossed his arms looking smug - a trick he'd learnt from his Papi when Logan was wrong about something (which was more than Logan would like to admit). "I'm sorry for shouting at you Toby. Can you forgive me?"

Toby got the crumpled piece of paper from a nearby table, waving it and running over happily. "Can I show you my drawing?" Of course this time Logan smiled and nodded, allowing Toby to sit on his lap and tell him all about his drawing and his day at school. Virgil watched happily, falling in love all over again and eventually deciding it was best to sit with the pair.

"Coming to the naughty step too Verge?" Logan laughed but invited his husband over, bringing his arm around his shoulders as he sat. Virgil leaned in and sighed happily, also listening to Toby chat and giggle and tell jokes. Then Virgil's eyes wondered to Logan, happy and not stressed anymore over silly, stupid things. He should tell his husband to relax more if it ended in something like this.

So Virgil gave into his wants and gave his husband a lengthy, passionate kiss. "Ew! That's icky Papi!" Toby giggled during the kiss, so they didn't go too far into their desires. Instead they just sat together - watched Toby play and thought to themselves about having another kid. Whatever they decided though the husbands knew their family was perfect - they wouldn't change it for the world, even if that meant a few missed emails.