(193) *Requested* New Little Brother - Moceit

Summary: For their whole lives Roman and Remus have been the apples of their fathers' eyes, but that all gets disturbed when Patton and Janus bring home a quiet toddler. The twins was to get the mysterious toddler to go away - they don't want more people in their family.

Words: 1701

Roman and Remus loved sleepovers at Uncle Logan's. He lived in the city so there were always pretty lights at night and in the morning there were plenty of things to do - getting ice cream, playing in the giant park, watching movies at the cinema. The twins didn't get to visit their uncle that often but now they were spending an entire weekend with him!

"Roman, that's my jam... You're not going to let go are you?" Logan sighed as he walked into the kitchen and saw his nephew with red Crofters jam covering his lips. Roman shook his head and finished the jar, running into the living room where his brother was watching Disney cartoons. Logan could only follow, not understanding how his brother and brother-in-law could handle these two energetic children, let alone placing another child on top of that.

The twins seemed invested in their TV programme, meaning Logan could finally sit and read his favourite book. "Why are we spending the weekend with you Uncle?" Remus eventually chirped, looking up at Logan with wide eyes. It felt like yesterday Logan heard the news that his brother, who always had a soft spot for kids as a kindergarten teacher, was adopting two twin newborns. It was no question, especially now his babies had graduated kindergarten, that there'd be another little one in the mix. 

"Your dads need to help your little brother settle in his new home!" The nerd cheered, not looking up from his book. "And they know how much you love spending time with your favourite uncle, huh?"

Remus and Roman glanced at each other confused instead of the TV. "We're getting a brother?" At that chirp Logan raised his head and nodded. "Why?"

"Because your parents have more room in their hearts I suppose." Logan shrugged, smiling at the confused glances. "And I know from experience with Patton, having a little brother really isn't that bad."

*****

On Sunday evening Roman and Remus arrived home in time for dinner. "Dad!" The boys screamed as soon as they saw their Dad open the door, their Papa was probably cooking as he was the best chef in the world. The gentle giant lawyer immediately knelt down to strangle his sons in a big hug.

"I missed youuuuuu... Did you two have fun though?" The twins nodded and Logan was swiftly paid for his hard work entertaining the six year olds. But Remus and Roman could spot someone new behind their father... a toddler with jet black hair and a purple hoodie. "Ah - Roman, Remus... this is your new little brother Virgil." Janus stood straight again, picking the toddler up to bring him over. The new boy covered his face in Janus' neck and didn't let go of his shoulders.

Roman and Remus didn't feel like welcoming this stranger into their home. "Where's Papa?"

Janus sighed, looking rejected for a second before stroking Virgil's hair. "He's in the kitchen boys, dinner will be ready by 6."

The rest of the evening Virgil seemed to be the apple of Janus' eye. Sure, Remus and Roman got to cook with Papa, but Janus sat with Virgil and watched him draw amateur pictures of abstract things. Roman and Remus knew they were better drawers but Virgil was the one getting called Picasso and Van Gogh.

*****

The next day Janus woke the twins up early to get them ready for school. Roman and Remus were excited for school, they loved first grade and all the subjects they were learning. "And Mr Sanders said if I get 100% in the spelling test again I'll get a present!" Roman was cheering, munching on his jammy toast as Remus was getting his hair brushed.