(41) Father of Chaos Part 2 - Janus (with Intrulogical and Royality)

Summary: Janus takes his sons to a friend's birthday party, expecting the normal kid behaviour that he'd have to supervise. However his young kids have copied more of Janus' behaviour than he'd expect. His kids are sure of their sexuality and proud of it - others are not.

TW - Homophobia towards the end but has a happy/hopeful ending.

Edit like a year after this chapter was published: How did I not realise Wattpad looked at this chapter and went "you know what, no paragraphs for you today bitch." Like WHAT? So sorry it was barely understandable before but now hopefully it reads a bit clearer now as this chapter is actually really cute :(

Words: 1456 (AND MORE THAN ONE PARAGRAPH)

"You two got your presents?" Janus asked as he parked the car, his twin sons Roman and Remus in the back of the car and his younger son, Virgil, in the front. All three of them held presents in dark blue wrapping paper decorated in stars and planets. They were all invited to a birthday party for an 8 year old at an observatory - this particular friend was weird.

The family climbed their way out of the car, Janus carried Virgil while the two other boys ran ahead towards the gaggle of their school friends. The birthday boy was in the centre, smiling politely and dressed like a 40 year old businessman in a black button up with a dark blue tie and suit trousers but had a ridiculously bright birthday hat wrapped around his head. Remus was the first to run up to the birthday boy followed by Roman, and then Virgil toddled up when he was closer for the final present. The birthday boy thanked each and even accepted Remus' enthusiastic hug.

"Mr Viper! Hi!" The birthday boy's mother, only addressed as Mrs Bibliotek, strode over with a wide smile. Janus smiled back politely while Virgil returned to him and wanted to be held again. "Logan's really happy your boys are here! He absolutely adores them." She smiled towards her little boy who was being picked up by another - dressed in a cat hoodie. Janus knew the kid as the excitable Patton, Roman's best friend. "He especially likes Remus. They're so good together."

"A lot more chaotic." Janus chuckled and sighed. The group of kids were called by a man dressed as an astronaut with a name tag, asking if the kids wanted a tour. Logan was the first to nod enthusiastically followed by all his friends. Janus walked forward with them - he was supervising the trip after all along with a few other parents.

Remus walked at Logan's side, holding his hands together behind his back and keeping his eyes on his birthday friend. Logan was staring at everything in amazement and babbling about the life cycle of stars to the adult touring them around. Remus loved watching Logan babble. The tour guide on the other hand seemed to hate all the questions. These tour guides were employed to make sure kids don't kill themselves and to answer kids' questions like 'is the moon made of cheese' - not 'does every black hole contain a singularity?' or whatever words Logan managed to string together.

Behind Remus his brother Roman was chatting nervously to Patton. They were good friends - Patton was friends with everyone - but Roman was only nervous around Patton. Throughout the entire tour Roman was smiling and watching Patton's excitement only letting small giggles escape.

"Do you think the top of the tower will have dragons? Or witches?" Roman asked as the group stood at the bottom of a tall observatory tower the star-party would actually be held. The parents and tour guide did a head count while the kids chatted. 

"There might be dragon witches!" Patton responded back in his cheerful way. "You'll be able to protect me Roman. You're a brave prince!"

Even Janus could see Roman's red cheeks, and his cheeks stayed red all the way up to the top of the tower. Janus loved watching his little boys' first crushes, Roman was often called a prince by Patton due to his love of Disney and every single time Roman burst into a blush. The top of the tower was decorated in blue stars with many cakes and cookies all space themed too. The pile of presents first given to Logan was now stacked neatly on the table. Kids dispersed in all directions. Logan and Patton went to the present pile as Patton had more presents he forgot to give; Roman and Remus went to the star battle arcade game and began to play.

The twins were giggling together and challenging each other to win, quite loudly too, but Janus knew there was no luck in quieting them down when they were both hyper. "Whoever loses has to kiss their crush!" Remus giggled, shooting rockets like his life depended on it. Roman also picked up his pace. 

Janus kept his eyes on them anyway, Virgil was entertained by Janus' phone and was even filming badly shot videos of his brothers. Janus would keep them of course, and in ten or so years he'd look back on them happily. He still had the twins' baby pictures anyway. Eventually Virgil went closer to his brothers to film more details. The only problem with Virgil's amateur film-making - neither of the twins were looking at him. "Ro! Look at the camera!" Virgil shouted and tried to climb on the arcade box, pressing random buttons and hoping to get a good shot. Roman and Remus tried to salvage their game but both the rockets they were flying crashed... At the same time.

Remus pouted and ushered Virgil away (well, more like picked him up and threw him towards their father). For the rest of the party Virgil played extra close to Janus but the twins determinedly marched towards their respective crushes (who were both playing cards on the floor). Janus couldn't hear them properly, but was surprised at Roman's sudden courage as he sat next to Patton and kissed his cheek.

One thing that Janus learnt to always expect whenever gay behaviour was shown was a shriek of a nearby adult. "Patton! Get away from that boy!" A mother that was the type that looked to be head of every school event and wanting her son to grow into a God-fearing homophobe appeared from the shadows staring at her son as if he'd killed a man. The bright eyed Patton immediately tilted his head and looked back at his mother. The mother was desperately trying to call her kid over - all the other parents looked around awkwardly.

The more dramatic twin, Remus, of course had to show off so just as Logan stood up to escape the situation Remus picked him up, dipped him, and gave him a peck on the lips. Unfortunately this only made the mad mother more mad. "Excuse me?" She screeched, snapping her head over to Janus in the corner with an evil glare. "You need to control your kids! Get him out of here! He's teaching the kids to sin!"

Janus sighed, picked Virgil up and took one last chug of Pepsi to finish it. As he walked calmly towards his twins the mother ran to her son and dragged him away. Patton didn't seem to understand what had happened that was 'wrong' and was trying desperately to let him play with his friends and wish Logan a happy birthday. Janus didn't speak or even look at the homophobe, instead got two rainbow pins out of his fanny pack and pinned a rainbow to each of his sons' jackets. Janus was going to teach his kids that they could be anything they wanted to be - a friend's mother had no ability to persuade them.

Within minutes Patton and his mother were out the door, desperately followed by Mrs Bibliotek. Logan's father stepped forward and started the party games to distract the kids from what just happened, and smirked at his son congratulating him for having his first kiss. Logan seemed pretty happy after the kiss, and even risked holding one of Remus' hands. Roman couldn't be distracted by games though, he was just looking towards the door.

After a few more games Mr Bibliotek approached Janus with a soft smile. "Where did you get the pins?" He whispered, pointing to the many pins Janus always had hidden in his bags. 

"Etsy - you want one?" 

Mr Bibliotek smiled and nodded, and Janus managed to get a badge out of his bag before buying another quarter dozen Pepsi's he'd finish in a quarter of an hour. Slowly surrounding parents also asked about the badges, and Janus was lucky enough to bring enough for every parent supervising at the party. Logan, who was still holding Remus' hand, smiled brightly seeing all the parents standing happily with a rainbow. He knew what that meant, and he knew it meant a lot.

A good few minutes passed before Mrs Bibliotek emerged again, enthusiastic Patton in hand and ready to party. He joined the other kids as if nothing happened, and after Mrs Bibliotek took the last rainbow badge she explained how she managed to persuade Patton's mom to let her son play 'as long as he was away from the gay kids' (he wasn't). One thing was for sure - all the other adults in the room supported the new little couples and treated them like every other kid. Life was nice.