(10) Let's Be Brothers Part 1 - platonic Intrulogical

Summary: Logan and Remus begin at a summer camp together as strangers, although Remus wants to be friends.

This is a little different as it's more Sides-As-Kids AU rather than Parent AU but since this is multiple parts there is going to be Roceit at the end.

Words: 1049

Logan stood straight and glanced around where he'd be spending the next 9 weeks. Unfortunately his father had spotted how little friends he had so decided going to a camp this summer was the best for him instead of letting him read in his room for the eternity between school years.

"Please talk to people Specs." Logan's father, Janus, pleaded as he brushed a hand through his son's hair. "I know I haven't been the best to allow this, but go and be a kid this summer."

"Did you have to send me to one of the... active ones?" Logan slung his backpack over his shoulder. Around him were wooden cabins, bonfires, and a giant lake with a pier and boats. He wasn't the type of person to go outside most days, let alone in front of a load of strangers that will judge him for no good reason. He would have much preferred a science or engineering camp.

"Because you're 10 Logan, you keep on forgetting that." Logan grumbled watching a few yellow shirted camp leaders blowing whistles and rounding up excited kids running around and screaming like they were hurt. They weren't hurt of course, just happy. "I'll be getting home now, call me every night. And if you hate it here I just won't enrol you next year."

And with that Logan's father left. Logan was alone, with his giant blue backpack that held all the books he wanted to read over the summer as well as a suitcase with all his actual belongings and camping gear. He took a deep breath, marching forward. It was just 9 weeks - 9 weeks of hell and avoidance.

"Hi!" A random new person appeared in front of Logan with no forewarning, a smile on his face and wearing a green cap with the camp's logo on. Logan raised an eyebrow and stepped back. "I'm Remus!"

"Good..." And Logan carried on walking. He needed to find a camp leader so he could distinguish which cabin was his, unpack his things, and escape into a Sherlock Holmes book until he was forced to participate in some useless activity.

"What's your name?" The cap wearer caught up with his quickening steps, tapping Logan on the shoulder and standing in front of him again. Logan tried his best to ignore him and continue walking but he was thoroughly blocked. "I know you have a name! And you can speak too, you  speak English don't you?"

"No hablo ingles." Logan said plainly, but unfortunately he didn't have a good Spanish accent. Remus blocked Logan's steps again and surprisingly maintained his smile throughout this.

"You want to dive into the lake?" Remus chirped, leaning back and forth waiting for Logan to respond. Logan honestly had no idea how to respond to that - this kid was way too chaotic for Logan's taste. "So we can get to know each other without you speaking if you're shy."

"We're not allowed." The leaders were blowing their whistles again, trying to get everyone into their assigned cabins. Water activities were not assigned on the timetable today. But Remus didn't stop smiling, and didn't let Logan pass. "Can you let me find my cabin please?"

"What cabin is it?" Remus chirped again. Each camper was given the name of their cabin weeks before the summer was going to start, so Logan had a name just not a place.

"Black bear." He sighed as Remus looked even more excited, if that was even possible, and grabbed one of Logan's hands dragging him to one of the cabins at the back. "What are you doing?" Logan shouted almost frantically. Being kidnapped by a fellow 10 year old was not how he'd imagine his summer to begin.

"We're in the same cabin! We can drag our beds together!" And that's exactly what Remus tried to do, leaving the cabin door open and assigning himself and Logan to beds - then tried dragging the beds so they looked like a badly made double bed. "There! Now you want to go into the lake?"

So Logan was stuck with this person for 9 weeks straight, great. He didn't even bother to respond this time. He just unpacked his books, placing them in the shelves of the small bedside table - and the ones he couldn't fit on the shelves he placed on the actual table. Remus seemed to watch in amazement as more and more books appeared. He eventually decided to unpack his own bags. The first thing he brought out was a picture in a simple pine frame of him, two other kids which Logan assumed to be his siblings, and two adult men. The adult men were standing close and holding hands, one wearing a red jumper and beanie while the other looked a lot more nondescript, with what seemed like marker scribbled over his face.

"That's my Dad and The Dickhead." Remus said plainly, giving a softer smile. "We don't talk to The Dickhead anymore. He was mean."

"Your Dad likes guys?" Logan spit out without much thought, his eyes wide this time. As he lived in a small church-based suburban village there weren't many kids he knew that had gay dads. Logan knew his Dad was bisexual, but he never knew any other mother or father figure in his life. All he could remember was having Janus.

Remus looked a little weary to answer until Logan further clarified. "My Dad likes guys and girls." And after that Remus smiled wide again, jumping up and down and gasping.

"Is he single?" Remus giggled, jumping on his bed as Logan sat on his own. Logan nodded, opening one of his books and beginning to read. "My Dad said he wants to get into the dating pool again! Let's get them together! Then we can be brothers and hang out all the time!"

Logan thought it was best to entertain this silly idea in Remus' head. He knew that logically two 10 year olds could not set up two adult men from completely different parts of the state. "I think you need to know my name before we do that." Logan teased, turning a page as Remus leaned closer, treating this name as some kind of long held secret. "My name's Logan."