(71) When Dad Met A Streamer - Royality

Summary: Roman takes his two children to a convention they had been begging to go to for years. What he didn't expect was to meet a panelist that would cause him to fall head over heels with just a look.

This was going to be ThomasxNico but then I'd have to be realistic with what an American YouTube convention was like - Summer in the City was my thing pre-pandemic so this would be based off that.

Non-binary Janus again XD

Words: 1385

"OK kids, the last panel is at 6pm - do you want to go home before then?" Roman was stood with his two kids beside a timetable of panels at this particular convention they had driven to for a couple of hours. Logan was the one to look at the timetable and examine it, Janus was too busy looking at everything else excitedly.

"The last one we want to go to is LGBTQ+ at 4pm... We'll text you if we want to go to another." Logan smiled proudly - making sure his younger sibling wouldn't escape. While they stood Roman decided where his kids would meet him once they'd done all they needed to do at the convention that day. When the young teen and pre-teen ran away to explore the centre their father watched them go, a proud smile on his face. 

Logan and Janus were middle schoolers so too young for Roman to be in a right mind and leave his kids completely alone - so he stayed in the convention centre and got a coffee to wait. He was so proud of his kids, especially when it came to their pride. Janus was non-binary and Logan was discovering and exploring his sexuality freely. It was a lot different from when Roman was a confused college student after a night out with his fraternity. Roman's kids knew they'd always be supported by their pansexual (yet very single) father.

After an hour Roman was bored of sitting around so he took a walk around the convention centre. It was a large place with a mix of panels hidden behind queues and merchandise shops, a gaming room and stage, and a lot of pop-up restaurants (where he had bought some noodles).

"Now what colour should the slime be... hmm..." A voice echoed across the hall Roman was stood in, noodles dangling from his face as he turned his head towards a centre stage where a man was standing with a giant bowl and spoon. The bowl was full of a glue substance.

The man on the stage entranced Roman. He was dressed simply in a blue crop-top and jeans, a cat hat on his head and every so often to made eye contact with a camera at the back of the seated audience. He decided on a baby blue food colouring and stirred everything in the bowl... It was definitely a giant slime he was making. The performance was entertaining though - and it was all over too soon.

When the man exited the stage he was immediately bombarded with presumably fans. He called all of them 'kiddo' even though they were all different ages - excitedly signing things and taking selfies. Roman stood back and admired from a distance with a soft smile. He was in his own world writing fanfiction about him and this new cutie, no thoughts until he spotted the man look over and wink at him.

He fucking winked.

"Hi! Do you want a selfie?" The man marched over with a wide smile, giggling as he spoke and his eyes twinkled. When Roman could finally put his thoughts into one he decided on a tactic to not look like he was a simp.

"Uh... Yeah, sorry. My kids really like you but they're in a panel right now. Um - what's your channel again?" The kids excuse was Roman's favourite excuse. It could be used in any situations and could bring him any outcome from a sick day from work to a free coffee if he had one less dime than he should. He was one of those people.

The man giggled again and swayed slightly. "SlimeMeUpBuddy is my Twitch name - call me Buddy... Or Patton..." The last part was said a little quieter, indicating that was this man's real name. But Roman's mind automatically went to the gutter like usual.

"That name... Seems like it has other connotations." But Patton was cute, so he didn't mind the fact his username might be found on a porn site with no relation to him. He tilted his head confused and Roman desired to grab his cheeks and kiss him.

"Maybe that's why my friends advised me about the username." Patton laughed. They hadn't paused their eye contact yet - and Roman didn't want that to end soon. He could stare into those blue orbs for eternity. "Anyway, how about I go greet your kids once they're out of their panel? I'm free for about an hour and a half."

Roman nodded, praying his kids knew who Patton was even though their corner of the internet was gaming, true crime, LGBTQ+ and make-up rather than slime making. Patton did seem quite popular though as while they walked the crop-top wearer was stopped by dozens of people. A few fans asked who Roman was but Patton was happy to call him a friend. "Sorry, I'm openly gay on my platform so every guy I hang out with there's at least 20 dozen people who believe it's romantic." Patton said cheerily... Cool, Roman might have a chance to have a date.

"I'm pansexual so I get it. My son Logan is gay and my kid Janus is non-binary... We're a prideful bunch." Patton smiled wide hearing that, his expression softening as well as his voice.

"I'm glad they have such a good support group. What about your partner?"

That was where difficult topics came into Roman's life. He didn't like to think about it that much.  All his children cared about was their one parent and it had been that way since Janus was in first grade. "Um... I'm single. And ready to mingle." He laughed shyly, and Patton gave a knowing nod and laughed nervously too. Roman examined the man's face for any reaction to him saying he was single... But the only emotion in his face was a glow when he heard two shouts Roman also recognised.

Roman's kids weren't in a panel for another hour.

"Dad!" Logan shouted, although he sounded slightly more mortified than happy. Janus was trying to shoo their father away from who they must know as a celebrity. Embarrassment was written over both of their faces. "Why are you talking to SlimeMeUp?"

"He was just telling me about you two kiddos." Patton cheered, a small pink on his face as he giggled. "He seems very proud of you two."

"Yeah, yeah, Dad go away before you embarrass us." Janus snapped getting their autograph book prepared and making sure their phone was on camera. Roman rolled his eyes and only took a step back - trying to not act like a gay mess. Patton already seemed to be such a good Dad with his kids. "Has Virgil come to the convention too?"

Virgil? Shit - he actually does have a partner. It seemed like he was alluding to being single when they were being stopped by those shipping fans... 

"Oh he's at a sleepover and avoiding socialisation." Patton giggled. Grown men don't go to sleepovers so the poorly improvised plan seemed to be going to plan. "Virgil's my dark strange son - he's thirteen." Patton quickly seemed to clarify to the father. That was the same age as Roman's son... Maybe they could be friends?

After some selfies and autographs Patton's phone alarmed. "Oh! I have to rush off, sorry." Patton spoke quickly, but then turned to Roman with a smirk. "Close your eyes kiddos." He commanded, and weirdly the two kids did exactly as told. 

Patton gave Roman a kiss on the cheek and winked again. Roman was definitely red, but soon realised Patton was also handing him his phone. "Number. Now." He whispered in that commanding voice again and Roman was beginning to swoon. He typed in his phone number quickly and told the kids to open their eyes again.

The interaction out of a romance movie ended with a simple handshake - Patton's grip was firm and his hand was warm. Roman definitely wouldn't mind holding it again. "Pleasure to meet you Roman." Patton chirped, and he ran off again. Janus and Logan could immediately spot Roman's blush and were freaking out.

A few minutes passed and Roman received a text: 'See you on a date at the Italian restaurant next door tomorrow evening <3'