(159) The Story of Adoption - Logince and Sibling Anxceit

Summary: Logan and Roman adopted their sons before meeting each other, and now their sons are teenagers. With being teenagers they know they could have had a very different life without adoption, and they want to know what that life would be.

Another chapter half-based on Love Isn't Conditional - I just changed Patton's character to Janus as I feel like I've overwhelmed you guys with Moxiety XD.

Words: 1580

Early afternoon of weekends were always quite peaceful in the Windsor household. Logan usually answered his emails, and Roman entertained their shared elementary aged son Thomas, while their other teen sons entertained themselves either together or independently. Janus was doing extra homework to get his grade up, and every so often Logan went up to check on him. But this particular time Logan heard the soft humming and guitar sounds from his other, more emo, son's room. He had to take a listen.

But the lyrics hurt. 'Does she think about me?', 'am I just a memory?', 'will she ever find me?'. Logan could immediately sense what it was about, his son often wrote his own songs about his feelings. Sixteen years ago Logan was a young, single receptionist that found a Facebook post from an old high school friend who worked as a NICU nurse - saying there was a pre-term baby that had been abandoned and medical bills needed to be paid. Logan took the baby without hesitation, fell in love with him, and that was the only family they had for a good four years. Until Roman and Janus came into the small family's life - and neither regretted that.

But lately Virgil had been asking a lot of questions about his identity. Logan had just believed this was due to Thomas' school project on family trees - so the family all did DNA tests together to find out their ancestor's nationalities. All the family were a different mix of white European, all apart from Virgil. He was mixed race and he knew that previously, but actually understanding where his non-European side was got him a lot more interested in learning about that part of him. And this song seemed to be about finding that culture and that life.

The song paused when Logan knocked on the door. "Everything alright in there Verge?" Virgil responded in just a mumble and Logan could tell that everything was not alright. "Can I come in?"

Virgil knocked open the door with his foot, and he just seemed to be sitting on the floor with his guitar on his lap and a notepad beside him. There were emotions written all over his face that ten years ago Logan could easily wipe away with a cuddle and hand-clap game. "Hey kiddo! Are you working on your music?"

"Mhm." Virgil mumbled, placing the pen behind his ear down to the floor. Logan sat at his son's desk nonchalantly, when Virgil felt comfortable to talk he would. "What's for dinner?"

"Whatever you'd like! I feel like pizza though." Virgil nodded and placed his guitar to the side, instead grabbing his laptop from his bed and scrolled. He was obviously just looking like he was busy until his father left. It seemed as though Logan would have to be a little more direct, unfortunately. "What's your song about?"

Virgil rolled his eyes and hugged his leg, ruffling his hair and looking at the scribbles of words he wrote down. All Logan could do was glance carefully and lovingly at his little boy. "Just thinking about my mom..." He eventually whispered, before quickly turning his eyes to his father to judge his reaction. And Logan's reaction wasn't scary. "Do you know if I'll ever meet her? Or at least can I know her name?"

"I'm still in touch with the NICU nurse that looked after you - she might remember her name. And she might have records, apart from that I don't know how confidential everything will be until you're 18." Virgil grumbled a little at that, looking away for a moment as if trying to think things through. Eventually he nodded to himself and started strumming his guitar again. "Should I send my friend a message so you can meet her at the hospital?"