(184) The Secret Sims 4 Save File - Moxiety

Summary: Patton's a simmer and has always been, including as a college student. And the save file he plays at the moment he hasn't told anyone about... Because it's kind of embarrassing.

So... we've all done this at least once right?

Words: 1071

Logan turned over in his bed and stared daggers at his dorm-mate, Patton. His dorm-mate was sat up in bed and his face was glowing white, his laptop was pretty much screaming for help. That only meant one thing - Sims 4 was on.

"I have an 8am... later." Logan grumbled as he saw his alarm clock showing the glorious time of 3am. Patton immediately apologised but didn't look away from his game. "What's your save file this time?"

There was no logic in trying to go to sleep again so instead Logan got out of bed and fit himself on top of Patton's covers instead. The two men were close by now, they were half way through their second year of college and had been roommates all that time. Snuggling in bed together to watch Patton play Sims was purely platonic.

But Logan didn't expect to see two Sims characters that looked a lot like people he knew. One was definitely Patton, he had the same curly blond hair and circle glasses, while the other looked like a mutual friend of the two that was in the same major program as Logan. "Is that... Virgil?"

"No!" Patton's face immediately became red and he covered up the little icon that had a cartoon Virgil's face. "It's just someone that looks like him and has the same name as him but it's definitely not him!" Logan chuckled but didn't ask more, he just crossed his arms and watched. Other than the Patton Sim and the definitely-not-Virgil Sim was a Pomeranian puppy, that was expected seeming Patton's love for dogs. But next to the dog was a toddler Sim with Virgil's afro-textured brown hair but Patton's blue eyes. "Who's that?"

Patton became even more red and turned his computer screen away. "It's... my future child..."

"With Virgil?" Logan raised an eyebrow and laughed more at his friend's nervousness. He would not have suspected Patton to have a crush on Virgil of all people, but at least this crush was attainable since Virgil was bisexual. Patton had way too many crushes on straight men.

"Don't tell him." Patton eventually whispered, but just leaving it there and turning back to his game. Eventually the game was turned off and Logan could get an approximate three hours of sleep before his next class. But he knew he was going to keep the save file a secret.

For Patton though, the addiction to the save file was too strong. He loved the little family he created! Sim Patton was a teacher with a vet clinic and Sim Virgil was a painter, writer and chef. They had an adorable puppy called Muffin and an even more adorable toddler named Amaya. It was Patton's dream life, but it was only a video game.

There was one day where the lecture was extra boring, the class was loud and doing nothing, and Virgil was in view. He always sat in the same seat right by the door, and his laptop was decorated in pride stickers and fandom signs. He swished his hair in a certain way that always looked so beautiful and utterly irresistible too. If only Patton had the courage to actually say more than two sentences at a time to him.

So as soon as Patton escaped that boring lecture he found a place to sit and turned on his save file. No-one will disturb him and he didn't have a class for a few hours... Everything will be fine. In the game Virgil had just returned from work in the early hours of the morning, and since Amaya's bladder need was getting low Patton woke the toddler Sim up and Sim Virgil was the one to take her to the potty so Sim Patton could have a full night's sleep. But before potty training Sim Virgil decided to play dolls with Amaya - could this life get any cuter?

"Aw, you have Eco Lifestyle? I'd wanted that pack for ages!" Shit. That voice was Virgil's. Hide the blushing face Patton, and hide all the Sims you're playing as. That nondescript background boat looks interesting doesn't it? Yeah, focus the camera on that. "I had no idea you played Sims Pat! What other packs have you got?"

Now would be a great time to speak Patton. "A few..." Those two words were a start. And hopefully an end too since surely Virgil will realise who these Sims are soon.

"That toddler looks cute! Where's her hairstyle from?" Virgil pointed directly at Amaya in complete obliviousness to who the other characters were. At this point Patton was completely speechless - his crush was pointing at their daughter and saying she was cute! Did that mean Virgil thought Patton was cute? Because Virgil definitely was cute.

Virgil didn't seem to ask any questions about the Sims Patton was playing, he was just asking about the different DLC Patton had bought. Turns out Virgil only got the Sims 4 recently since it was free, and was saving up for some DLC but didn't know which exactly to buy. And since Patton had been playing the Sims 4 since it came out in 2014 he considered himself an expert.

But he couldn't get out of his mind how closely he and Virgil were sitting. They were sharing a bench, knees touching, and chatting about a shared passion. This is how people fell in love right?

"Oh shit, sorry I have a class." Virgil interrupted Patton to say as he slung his purple backpack over his back and smirked real cutely. "Maybe we can play Sims together as a first date?"

... What? Patton was just asked on a date, like that? It was said so smoothly too, like butter, without a care. "I just saw you were playing a Sims family where we were in a romantic relationship and had a kid and a dog. So I'm just saying - if you want that in the future - I'm up for it too."

"Yeah! I mean, sure. That sounds... cool..." Patton definitely didn't sound cool saying that but Virgil chuckled anyway. He was so cute.

And Logan would never tell Patton that he found Virgil playing the Sims 4 between lectures the day previously, and let it slip that Patton was queer and had a very - interesting - save file Virgil really needed to see. He will forever be the secret matchmaker.