(130) Mr Perfect Part 2 - Platonic Analogical and Romantic Logince

Summary: Logan is just a mess. That's it.

Words: 1708

The door slammed open and shut again as Logan walked in, immediately relieved when he could see Virgil lying on the sofa with the familiar Duolingo ding and no-one else was around him. "I fucked up." Logan said simply, swinging his bag off his back so it lay beside the door and collapsing on a comfy velvet chair. Virgil looked up for a second and unplugged an earphone with a small smirk.

"Mood. What did you do?"

Logan felt a lump in his throat as he remembered exactly what he did at Roman's house that resulted in him running home in a panic. And how he felt about it. He felt amazing - the kiss made him feel like warmth had spread throughout his entire body and he felt as though he had missed something his entire life and finally found it.

"Why are you red?" Virgil squeaked, laughing a little and taking his other earphone out his ear before pausing. "What did you do to get you nervous like tha... Wait, weren't you doing the project with Roman?" Logan nodded and Virgil's eyes widened as if he'd just witnessed an impossible event, but his eyebrows furrowed. Virgil was protective of both his friends and family. "Did he hurt you? Or you hurt him?"

"I don't know..." Logan wanted to absorb himself into the chair he was sat on and ignore the rest of this conversation and what actually happened with Roman. So he had to settle with covering his red, hot face and moaning into his palms. 

Virgil just gave an even more confused glance. "What do you mean you don't know?" There was no response from the nerdy cousin. "Do I have to call Roman and get involved? You know I don't like calling people..."

"I kissed him." Logan said quickly, maybe a little frantic as he hands immediately clutched the arms of the chair and he watched his cousin's phone as if it were an explosive device. Virgil was also quite shocked and silent as he turned his phone screen off to reassure the teenager having a mental breakdown. "I... fucking... I kissed him Virgil! I don't know what's happening to me. I just can't stop thinking about him and he's just so nice and I couldn't control myself when he looked up at me with that look! I can't handle..."

Virgil immediately ran to Logan and hugged him, as he obviously needed a hug right now. Virgil was maybe around eleven or twelve when he realised he felt the same about a boy in his class (that ended up being straight), and while he never got to the point of actually kissing his crush he understood every single feeling and worry that was going through his mind at the moment.

Logan was trying to stifle his tears so no other family member could hear him. He really didn't want to explain this feeling to anyone else right now. LGBTQ+ people were a taboo in Logan's side of the family, everyone knew Virgil was gay but his parents never brought it up. He didn't know whether his parents would actually accept him and of course this whole mental crisis had to happen with someone he'd only see for a few months.

"Catch your breaths Lo. Everything will be alright." Virgil spoke gently, holding Logan tight and drawing a vertical line up and down to help Logan count his breaths. Eventually Logan had calmed down enough to reveal his face and Virgil was leant in front of him. "This is something you don't need the answer to, these feelings are confusing at first, OK? What did Roman say about it though?"

"I ran away before he could say anything." Logan mumbled back, wiping his eyes and blowing his nose into a tissue that Virgil gave him. But surprisingly Virgil chuckled at that and rolled his eyes, but the nervous nerd didn't know if that was at him or Roman.

"I can tell you right now he's gonna be blasting One Kiss from Descendants 3 and singing along." This time Logan raised an eyebrow at his cousin, getting another laugh in return. "I've known the kid since second grade... and I'm friends with him on Spotify." Virgil turned his phone screen on again to show that indeed Roman was listening to some kind of Disney song and had since Logan left his house. The butterflies started to appear again just thinking of Roman singing. "Point is - he's probably super happy he just got kissed by you especially as he has a thing for nerds. You should have seen him get a non-reciprocated teacher crush in sixth grade."