(161) Addition to the Family - Creativitwins and DotxLarry

Summary: For years Remus' family has just been his mother Dot and his little brother Roman. But when he enters high school that changes and his mother introduces this new man - and Remus doesn't know how to react.

Words: 1700

"Mom! I won't fail the test because I forgot to butter my croissant!" Remus laughed as his mother was nudging him out the way of his breakfast so she could take over and spoil her oldest boy so he'd be fed and healthy for his exam. The mother and high schooler were laughing while Remus' little brother, eight year old Roman, was munching on his Crofters toast and watching them.

"I'm making sure my boys have the best luck they can at school." Dot just chirped in response when she could finally battle her eldest son away from the food, so she could serve them herself and give both of them big, sloppy kisses on the cheek. Both boys took the kiss with only Remus semi-swatting away and rubbing the red lipstick off his growing stubble. She was so blessed to have her baby boys all to herself - although they weren't really babies anymore. "And I'm sure you'll ace that test sweetheart."

"Thanks Mom." After a few minutes Remus' timer went off to indicate he should get him and his little brother to the bus stop. When he was little his mother used to walk them there but now as a high schooler Remus valued any extra time with the little ball of sunshine that dressed in red and treated Remus like a god. "Ready for school Ro-Ro?"

Dot helped her youngest son place his backpack on his back, while Remus got the elementary schooler's red coat just in case rain was scheduled. But then she raised her head as she seemed to remember something. "Oh! Can you both make sure you come home when school ends today? I have someone I want to meet you."

"Who?" Roman chirped with his usual curiosity, Remus just raised an eyebrow. But Dot didn't answer and just kissed both her son's cheeks and gave them both a hug.

*****

Even though Remus acted mischievously at school, he wasn't the type to disobey his mom's requests. So even though he was planning to hang out with the local nerd who wore suits to school, only to do a school project, he turned down the hang out and got home as soon as possible. He first took the bus to the elementary school so he could collect his brother, and then the two siblings took the bus together back home.

Roman was really excited about who the pair were going to meet. He loved meeting all different people. "Who do you think it is Re? Oh! Do you think Mom's finally got a boyfriend?" Roman's eyes were glowing at the thought of having a more traditional father figure in his life. In Remus' reality - that would be his worst nightmare.

Dot had been a single mother since Roman was born, after escaping a toxic relationship with Remus and Roman's father that Remus remembered well. Remus had been a father figure to Roman since then and he enjoyed that role - he didn't want that role to be taken away from him. He didn't want a Dad - he just wanted his Mom and brother safe. In all reality he knew that his Mom was an adult and could make safe decisions for her and her family, but still Remus worried.

"It might just be a new friend bud, I wouldn't keep your hopes up." Roman was so excited for a dad, so he could be like the other kids at school with two parents. And Roman deserved a normal and happy life - it's just Remus who really couldn't accept a father figure.

So when the pair finally got home Remus and Roman were surprised when the house seemed empty. Usually Dot would be at the door to greet her boys after their big days. "Mom?" Remus called out, placing his shoes in the corner and helping untie Roman's shoelaces. While turning he could get a glimpse in the living room - and he saw a middle aged man with a Santa Claus beard wearing a Finding Nemo t-shirt. He was next to Remus and Roman's mother laughing at the TV... With his arm around her shoulders. "MOM?"