(53) Wedding Day - Virgil (with background Royality)

Summary: Virgil's daughter, Violet, finally has her wedding day with her fiancee. The single father is extra emotional at his daughter growing up and Violet has inherited her father's anxiety.

And yes I made a sapphic reference with Violet's fiancee being called Sapphire.

TW - Mention of maternal death

Words: 1076

Virgil readjusted his purple patchwork tie as he walked up the stairs of the wedding venue, ruins of a castle build in the 16th century. It wasn't his own wedding, his time for romance had long since gone, rather his daughter's. His little girl that he used to dress up in spider onesies was now in a dressing room getting ready to marry the love of her life. 

Violet was the apple of her father's eye. She inherited her father's obsession with purple and wore it all the time - it was even the colour of her wedding dress (her fiancee was wearing a matching blue one), but unlike her father Violet was quite a happy kid and adult. Even though a lot of things had happened in her life so far she kept her head up.

The cautious father knocked on the dressing room door. "Lottie-Love? Can your Dad come give you one last hug before you're a married woman?"

Violet quickly opened the door and trapped her father in a hug, shivering and not because her bare arms were showing. The father immediately kicked into the mode he had been in the last 25 years - and his favourite mode - the mode of a father. "OK, take a deep breath little sepal... You can tell me anything." He mumbled, carrying his panicking daughter inside the room with his limited strength and closing the door again. Violet eventually let go and took deep breaths, looking at the floor.

"I'm scared Dad. Really scared." She eventually mumbled out as she fiddled with her freshly manicured fingertips. Virgil only nodded, letting her speak. In silence the bride walked to her vanity and fiddled with her curls and hair pieces while staring at herself in the mirror. "What if this doesn't work out?"

"I'm sure it will love, Sapphire has adored you since you met." Virgil reassured and stood behind her, visible in the mirror as he brushed her hair.

Sapphire was a cheesy, preppy, very extroverted sorority girl Violet met in college who majored in creative writing and was gay. She had strawberry blond hair and was obsessed with the colour blue. They became best friends quite quickly, firstly attending pride together (as Violet was pansexual) as friends until one year where a few interesting new interactions lead to a romance. Virgil had met her and her family several times and loved her.

"But... What if it doesn't work out - in a different way?" Violet quietly chirped, her hazel eyes glowing. Virgil could tell what she was thinking about even before she said it. "I wish Mom was here." She whispered, fiddling with the ends of her hair and fiddling with the jewelled flowers across her chest.

"I wish she was here too..." Virgil mumbled with a sigh, before lifting his daughter's chin up and smirking at her in the mirror. "But she'd want to see you happy, wouldn't she?"

Violet smiled too and wiped her eyes from the tears, fixing up her makeup again. She looked so pretty at the moment - Virgil was so proud and now he was almost crying. He reached down and hugged the woman just before she stood and smiled widely at her father. "You sure you're alright?" Virgil mumbled, his anxiety now kicking in that this moment was actually happening.

"I'm perfect Dad, I'm so excited." She gleamed wide, picturing her fiancee in her eyes also smiling wide and most likely jumping up and down with her fathers. "Do you need a minute before walking me down the aisle?"

Virgil needed more than a minute - he probably needed the entire service as he was already beginning to bawl his eyes out. Not long ago he was picking up his little girl from her first day of kindergarten with the Dora the Explorer backpack double the width of her on her back and dressed in a Barbie dress. She used to chat about dolls and dreams of being a princess and the cute friend at school; now she was talking about house prices and taxes and her job as a fashion designer. And on top of that she was just so beautiful in her dress and her bouquet was a beautiful mix of violets and bluebells. 

But he managed to sniff down a few emotions and hug his daughter one last time. "Stop growing up so fast you make me feel old." He chirped and punched her shoulder. Violet giggled too and looked towards the door that blocked her from her ceremony she had planned for an entire year.

The wedding went off without a hitch. Both brides walked down together, with their fathers either side. Well, Patton held Sapphire's arm while Roman was flower girl along with Violet's little sister and they were both dramatically throwing petals all over the venue (getting some giggles from the other guests). During the vows both Virgil and Violet began crying (and Sapphire and her family too but they cried at everything).

After the ceremony was the quite crowded reception - but Sapphire and Violet seemed to be enjoying themselves by dancing and eating cake. Virgil stayed by the bar with some grape juice and watched them, knowing he should let his daughter dance with her lover but also desperately wanting to dance with his little girl like before. "New family member!" Virgil heard in the distance before feeling a 'Pat' on his back and a giggle.

"Hey Pat, you can stop being hyper now." Patton's husband soon followed - also laughing but making sure Patton didn't break Virgil's back. "I think someone snuck too much icing in their mouth during the ceremony."

"Did not!" Patton shouted back, crossing his arms and sticking out his tongue. Even Virgil had to laugh at the cheery father being caught red handed. "Anyway... Now we're a family, you want to come to our family holiday to Disneyland next year? Violet said yes."

Roman, Patton and Sapphire went to the Disney parks every year since their family began - Virgil knew that but seemed surprised every single year that it was still happening. At this rate the hyper husbands will be pushing 90 and Sapphire and Violet will be pushing their teenagers around the 'magic'. But Virgil nodded anyway, sipping his drink as his eyes wondered to his daughter again. She was laughing and having fun with her wife.

And Virgil was so happy he let his daughter grow up.