(39) Silence - Logicality

Summary: It's a quiet Monday. Just something sweet.

Words: 1084

Tap, tap, tap... Logan focused on cutting tomatoes into quarters, thinking of absolutely nothing but the meal he was cooking. It was a late Monday morning, Logan didn't have work so was cooking some lunch for himself and his husband. The window he was facing omit light onto his fingertips, a plaster covering his middle finger after an accident while cooking last week but the cut was healing quite well. After cutting the tomatoes Logan waited for his timer to alarm and sighed in the silence. The garden ahead of him decorated in fresh blue flowers planted by his husband a month ago and at the corner was a small rocking bench decorated in white and blue blankets and a rogue teddy bear dropped the day before that had yet to be remembered.

Silence wasn't normal in Logan's house. His life had been full of noise since high school when he got a new neighbour and therefore a new friend, an excitable giggling mess of an adorable human Logan fell for straight away. Almost every day this louder person would come to Logan's house to hang out, his parents weren't that supportive of who he wanted to be, but that's how Logan fell in love. And that amazing human was named Patton - and was now the most important person in Logan's life.

Still, his chosen partner wasn't one for being quiet. But it was addictive, now silence was an alien concept to Logan and made him want to hold his husband close until giggles and bad Dad jokes entered his ears again.

He tapped his fingers against the counter and looked out the garden again. So many toys were scattered across the ground, toys the couple had collected to prepare for this day. Well, to prepare for 6 days ago. The day Logan and Patton started their own small but perfect family they didn't think they'd be able to get. As Logan was a genetics researcher he felt like the luckiest man in the world when his colleague wanted to test gametes and therefore Logan and Patton didn't have to pay for an egg donor. Instead for the sake of research Patton's sperm was turned into an egg and 9 months later the perfect mix between Logan and his lover arrived into the world.

The timer sounded just as some shuffling was heard in the living room. When Logan turned to cook again he spotted Patton silently sit on the sofa, a dog themed blanket on his shoulder and their infant cradled in his arms. Their little angel - Adonis Yerkes-Pope. She mumbled softly against her father's chest making Patton giggle, the usually loud Dad didn't yet realise his husband was in the kitchen. 

Logan stirred the pot of the stove and listened to his husband's giggle and his baby voice talking to their daughter. "You a wittle sweepy?" Patton cooed, stroking the baby's cheek as she fluttered her eyes and mumbled again. Logan noticed the sweet little dress the baby was dressed in, pink with small rose patterns and puffed sleeves, paired with white socks and a pale pink sunhat. Patton loved dressing their daughter up to be a pretty princess, Logan just preferred to grab anything he could and get her presentable. "Your Dadas wove you... So much." And watching Patton give the baby a kiss on the forehead made Logan burst into a smile. The tomatoes were ready to serve so Logan could disturb the peace and quiet to be involved in the adorable moment.

He placed the bowl of tomatoes on the coffee table in front of him and his husband, kissing his daughter on the forehead and then his husband on the cheek. "Has she just woken up?" Logan whispered, not wanting to disturb the silence but keeping his eyes on his daughter. The little girl looked back, probably still curious about who this new person was and why he adored her so much. 

Patton lay his head on his husband's shoulder and just nodded - seems like for once he wanted to continue the silence instead of chat and fangirl over their baby. Logan picked up a tomato from the bowl, knowing his husband had spent the whole day so far close to their girl and disregarding his own needs. "When was the last time you ate baby?"

"I had a cookie snack at midnight when giving Addie a feeding." Patton tried to retort but knew there was no luck in that. Instead he just opened his mouth and allowed Logan to place a tomato inside with a smile and another kiss. Without asking Logan took the newborn. Adonis had been a perfect child the week the two men knew her - but she did wake up for feeding at least five times during the night.

Patton loved watching his husband do anything, he was just such a quiet person that Patton couldn't help but marvel at. All this life started with Patton just enjoying Logan's habits when he was doing homework: his focused expression, the tapping of his pencil against paper, the biting of his lip. And now watching Logan hold their daughter was just as good, even though his face had a few more wrinkles and there was more blue under his eyes compared to his high school days. His smile widened looking at the baby as he stroked her cheek, then made funny faces and giggled to himself. Patton couldn't wait to hear both Adonis and Logan giggle at the same time - his heart would surely explode then.

Logan was tickling Addie's belly and laughing, but soon she started to fuss. "What's wrong sweetheart?" Logan immediately went into Dad mode, smelling her diaper, holding her over his shoulder and patting her back... Nothing helped. "When was her last feed honey?" He eventually chirped, stroking his daughter's cheek and catching a bit of spit. When his pointer finger that was covered in tomato juice got close enough Adonis sucked it in silence. The action made Logan smile. "Do you like tomatoes? We should get you some food sweetie."

So the family spent the whole day together, as they'd done every day so far. Adonis had lots of warm milk, cuddles and cooes to deal with but she seemed happy with it. Or at least the fathers hoped she'd be happy, as she'd spend the next 18 years with the two men absolutely adoring her to no end. It wasn't silent, but it was quiet, but the usually loud Patton didn't mind it. As long as he saw his husband and daughter this happy every day.